Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced
May 28, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #301 of 392
Jvc fx850 tips are the best for the te05 but slide them all the way back as possible and enjoy :yum:

Noted thanks!  Will try later.  So far not really impressed with it.
Will burn-in more, and test more with different tips and player.

May 28, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #302 of 392
I've noticed some sibilance too from my Galaxy S3 and S1. It's not as prominent on the S1, probably due to the better dac (Wolfson(s1) vs Qualcomm(s3)). Threw on some comply tips that I had laying about, s200s, and the sibilance is gone. Highs are smoother but still detailed and sparkly. Me gusta. <3

May 29, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #304 of 392
I'm really happy with my TE-05s with my iBasso DX90. They did have a bit of a raise in the treble, but with some blue x-trillion branded comply copies I got in a street market in HK the treble is flattened and the bass very subtly improved, still essentially a flat response as tested with some frequency sweeps. There's more of an airy presentation with the comply copies too, I think helped by the shallow insertion that gives a good seal with these tips. I'd been using double flange tips before which were better than the supplied tips. Of course there could be some burn in at play too. For diverse classical and jazz which make up most of my listening I'm very happy indeed.

May 29, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #305 of 392
  I'm really happy with my TE-05s with my iBasso DX90. They did have a bit of a raise in the treble, but with some blue x-trillion branded comply copies I got in a street market in HK the treble is flattened and the bass very subtly improved, still essentially a flat response as tested with some frequency sweeps. There's more of an airy presentation with the comply copies too, I think helped by the shallow insertion that gives a good seal with these tips. I'd been using double flange tips before which were better than the supplied tips. Of course there could be some burn in at play too. For diverse classical and jazz which make up most of my listening I'm very happy indeed.

I still think the TE-05 is an exceptional earphone too. 

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #306 of 392
Fostex TE-05 finally in stock at B&H Photo Video and Headphone.com:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1029720-REG/fostex_ams_te_05_te_05_inner_ear_headphones.html

http://www.headphone.com/products/fostex-te-05

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #310 of 392
Yes, I do, absolutely. They're really excellent for this kind of music, with the proviso that there's a slight peak in the treble with the supplied tips, but which is flattened out pretty perfectly with complies or equivalent. I think I would have found that slight peakiness a problem if I hadn't found the solution. So if you get them it's worth considering that you'll need to change tips to get the best out of them.

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #311 of 392
I found that comply tips or long tips help alleviate the treble spikes/peakiness, like Meelec's double flanges. The difference is that comply will also tighten up the bass while the silicone long tips gives a bass boost. Bass heavy music on TE-05 w/ meelec double flange hits like a truck but it's still clean and clear.

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #312 of 392
These were compared earlier to the Mikros 90s. Do others agree with that comparison? What I love about the 90s is they're so transparent and detailed but so musical and even punchy. I little bit more bass and they'd be perfect sound signature wise. Are the TE-05 comparable?

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #313 of 392
Yes, I do, absolutely. They're really excellent for this kind of music, with the proviso that there's a slight peak in the treble with the supplied tips, but which is flattened out pretty perfectly with complies or equivalent. I think I would have found that slight peakiness a problem if I hadn't found the solution. So if you get them it's worth considering that you'll need to change tips to get the best out of them.

Thank you. Do the comply tips help with isolation as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back