Fostex T60RP
May 13, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #1,036 of 1,463
gorgeous you are going to be very happy, make sure you use the MK III baffle and all will be fine.

Last night I upgraded my Thunderpants with a MK III driver and baffle and the extra wooden ring I had from the M1060.
I also bought an Argon MK III from a fellow head-fier that did not like their signature. I am curious to see how they sound.

My next project is a dual driver T50 RP with a sound stage 20 ft wide and killer mids.

We should go in the headphone bossiness just for the fan of it.

Enjoy your Zebras.

edit and the pads are "delicious" , lol it is going to be another whole night listening to music!

Yes they are similar to a well known pad, can be had for about $40-45 inc shipping but I can only buy in lots of 10. I will indeed use the baffle or have a replicate with an adhesive back by a tuning company who is currently making me a custom headband for another headphone.

EDIT: Using a Dekoni Blue as a base and might use the Dekoni Audeze Hybrids, gonna pimp this b!t(#!

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #1,037 of 1,463
Yes they are similar to a well known pad, can be had for about $40-45 inc shipping but I can only buy in lots of 10. I will indeed use the baffle or have a replicate with an adhesive back by a tuning company who is currently making me a custom headband for another headphone.

EDIT: Using a Dekoni Blue as a base and might use the Dekoni Audeze Hybrids, gonna pimp this b!t(#!

This is great (screw**, greatly exciting), keep us informed.
I could buy a set or two of these pads
If more people are interested we can all get together and buy them.

May 14, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #1,038 of 1,463
gorgeous you are going to be very happy, make sure you use the MK III baffle and all will be fine.

Last night I upgraded my Thunderpants with a MK III driver and baffle and the extra wooden ring I had from the M1060.
I also bought an Argon MK III from a fellow head-fier that did not like their signature. I am curious to see how they sound.

My next project is a dual driver T50 RP with a sound stage 20 ft wide and killer mids.

We should go in the headphone bossiness just for the fan of it.

Enjoy your Zebras.

edit and the pads are "delicious" , lol it is going to be another whole night listening to music!

Yep, I might get another bulk order in and they would be about $40 for a set.
This is great (screw**, greatly exciting), keep us informed.
I could buy a set or two of these pads
If more people are interested we can all get together and buy them.

I am also posting on the T50RP mod thread. I just checked and this Vibrolabs cups fits Audeze pads so I might use Dekoni Audezes. It will use the Dekoni blue as a base so hopefully Dekoni pads will be a part of the final sound.

Ill be taking pics for each step and will do a full write up and link it here. It will take me a few weeks to get it altogether and yes I am excited for this project indeed.

May 14, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #1,039 of 1,463
Yep, I might get another bulk order in and they would be about $40 for a set.

I am also posting on the T50RP mod thread. I just checked and this Vibrolabs cups fits Audeze pads so I might use Dekoni Audezes. It will use the Dekoni blue as a base so hopefully Dekoni pads will be a part of the final sound.

Ill be taking pics for each step and will do a full write up and link it here. It will take me a few weeks to get it altogether and yes I am excited for this project indeed.

Me too!
The best of luck!
Although I am absolutely sure you will not need it,
Everything will turn out right. Enjoy the ride and the results!
(I do subscribe to the T50 mods thread)

May 15, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #1,041 of 1,463
May 16, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #1,042 of 1,463
If anyone is interested I just received my zebrawood cups from vibrolabs. Can't wait to get these puppies singing with a T50RP MK3 driver and the mayflower tuning kit.

Pictured with 110mm Chinese ear pads.

It seems like the ZMF-ori clone leather pads I've got last year. Around 30US and I don't like it sounds on most of my cans. Just my personal taste...
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.30d42e8dQMGk0q&id=555537546252&_u=h35376a9c19

And FireLion, how to attach the Fostex original headband on this wooden cup (the center hole)?

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #1,043 of 1,463
It seems like the ZMF-ori clone leather pads I've got last year. Around 30US and I don't like it sounds on most of my cans. Just my personal taste...
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.30d42e8dQMGk0q&id=555537546252&_u=h35376a9c19

And FireLion, how to attach the Fostex original headband on this wooden cup (the center hole)?

They are Eikon-esque looking pads, bigger than Ori. There is a 3d printed section.https://www.head-fi.org/threads/vibrolabs-thunderpants-diary.906835/#post-14955824

May 19, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #1,044 of 1,463
Seen the price of the 2.5mm trrs to 3.5mm trrs for the 60's it works out £60 Inc postage, I can make a better one for the price, can anyone confirm the input socket on the cup is a standard pinout
Tip L+, Ring R+, Ring L-, Sleeve R- ?
Screenshot_20190520_004654.jpg

May 19, 2019 at 11:19 PM Post #1,046 of 1,463
Seen the price of the 2.5mm trrs to 3.5mm trrs for the 60's it works out £60 Inc postage, I can make a better one for the price, can anyone confirm the input socket on the cup is a standard pinout
Tip L+, Ring R+, Ring L-, Sleeve R- ?

Check out redco they will prep and end and put an XLR or 1/4" for super cheap. I think they have trrs but you may have to ask it would be less than $20 for a 6-8 footer.

May 20, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #1,048 of 1,463
Check out redco they will prep and end and put an XLR or 1/4" for super cheap. I think they have trrs but you may have to ask it would be less than $20 for a 6-8 footer.
Thanks, thing about living in the UK you get used to making your own due to the lack of builders and those who do charge way to much plus build it yourself and you know what the workmanship is, I've had a few pre made in the past who's build quality ( including kimber) has been disgraceful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back