Fostex T60RP
Jun 4, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #1,066 of 1,450
A 2m braided cable for a friends Sony 1Z and t60p combo.
IMG_20190604_160640.jpg
IMG_20190604_160804.jpg

Sep 1, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #1,071 of 1,450
Does anyone know if there is a review of there either in text or on youtube? I havent been able to find one. I'm debating with myself if I should go for the Mk3 argons or the T60RP Argons.

Has anyone on here compared the two?

I've been wondering about this too. I have a pair of T50 mk3s I've done some modding to and a pair of t60s, I'm tempted to send both in and do some comparisons but I'll probably just send the t60s ($$$). I like their sound just fine but I just got my T50s and am enjoying them far more with the little modding I've done than the T60s, and I haven't had a chance to hear argons yet. If anyone has t60 argons on here give us your impressions please.

Sep 1, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #1,072 of 1,450
I have my second Argons in the works. Original MK2 base the with MK3 baffle and will be balanced.

T60 is fine with ZMF pads and the Mayflower baffle foam but T60 Argon is a possible and intriguing option.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #1,074 of 1,450
Not sure which one I prefer more, my Argon Mk3 or my T60RP Argon (with ZMF lambskin pads)... but think am leaning towards favoring the T60RP Argon. T60RP Argon is a little more closed in sounding, lacks a tad bit of the subbass extension of the MK3 Argon, and seems to have more subbass distortion in comparison if you push the EQ - but it has better midrange and treble presence, with more forward and separated vocals and a little bit more overall punchier and livelier sound. The MK3 Argon is darker and smoother sounding overall. They definitely are not the same thing - though similar.

Both Argons don't impress as much in subbass compared to most everthing else I have, but they are the planar magnetics I like best so they are my choice of planars for my collection. I'll take my E-stats over either for better subbass impact and extension, and my modded HD58X and TH-X00 PH for absolute subbass impact. My Porta Pro-Xs with Yaxi pads do lack the extension of most everything else, but are little 40Hz+ bass monsters with forward vocals, and are absolutely beautifully full, smooth, and warm sounding.

i-FNbPmcT-X3.jpg

i-Nt8jjvm-X3.jpg

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #1,075 of 1,450
I purchased a pair of T60RP headphones a few days ago. A little creaking on the left side. No buzzing at all. Very impressed. Only thing is the pads get a bit warm, apart from that I think they are great.

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #1,076 of 1,450
Not sure which one I prefer more, my Argon Mk3 or my T60RP Argon (with ZMF lambskin pads)... but think am leaning towards favoring the T60RP Argon. T60RP Argon is a little more closed in sounding, lacks a tad bit of the subbass extension of the MK3 Argon, and seems to have more subbass distortion in comparison if you push the EQ - but it has better midrange and treble presence, with more forward and separated vocals and a little bit more overall punchier and livelier sound. The MK3 Argon is darker and smoother sounding overall. They definitely are not the same thing - though similar.

Both Argons don't impress as much in subbass compared to most everthing else I have, but they are the planar magnetics I like best so they are my choice of planars for my collection. I'll take my E-stats over either for better subbass impact and extension, and my modded HD58X and TH-X00 PH for absolute subbass impact. My Porta Pro-Xs with Yaxi pads do lack the extension of most everything else, but are little 40Hz+ bass monsters with forward vocals, and are absolutely beautifully full, smooth, and warm sounding.

i-FNbPmcT-X3.jpg

i-Nt8jjvm-X3.jpg

I have my second set of Argons in the works, a lightly used MK2 with gold rails and MK3 baffles so it has the pad ring. I have to make up a balanced cable for the T60 as these two Vibrolab kit T50's have an unfair advantage being balanced. the Zebrawood was tuned perfect for me from the get go but the MK2 walnut is a work in progress, almost there just need to get the right pads.

fA0RTYR.jpg2 - 21epdvm.jpg

Sep 12, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #1,077 of 1,450
Hi guys made a T60RP cable with the regular diagram but my channels are mixed and it's out of phase, can I get a definite diagram for the T60RP.

EDIT: So the negatives are reversed over standard TRRS. I belive it's same as the Sony MDR-1A.

10053634.png

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #1,078 of 1,450
I just got my t60rp last month and they are great! I don't notice any creaking sound on mine.

What headphone hard case would fit the T60RP? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #1,079 of 1,450
Hey folks, just dropping in to say that I have experienced the buzzing/rattling issue at lower frequencies with two pairs of T60RP. I really like the way these things sound the majority of the time but when the rattle comes in it just completely takes me out of whatever listening groove I'm in.

Strangely, the issue doesn't seem to be totally consistent... they are usually fine when I first put them on but after 20-30 minutes the rattling begins, like they are getting worse as they warm up. For example, I have been listening to "Unforgiven" by Beck on repeat for the last 20 minutes... there was no rattle on the first play through but now I can hear it distinctly every time. If this is what others are experiencing then it might explain why Fostex is struggling with QC, since the issue can't be detected right out of the box.

Sadly, I will soon be returning my second pair due to this issue, and Amazon won't send me a third to try. It's a shame because I really enjoy how these things sound up until the rattle kicks in, but for what these cost I'm not going to just put up with it or risk breaking them by opening them up to attempt a fix myself.

Oct 8, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #1,080 of 1,450
Try opening it up and doing a small tighten of all the screws. I noted if I press in the sides of another T50 it goes away. If item is faulty and you have prime it should be accepted.

Also try the Mayflower baffle foam pieces to help with damping. Can't say for sure it will work but worth a shot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back