Fostex T60RP
May 9, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #1,021 of 1,450
https://www.amazon.co.jp/FOSTEX-T60RP-ヘッドホン/dp/B0787KF3MP/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=t60rp&qid=1557420718&s=gateway&sr=8-1
Hm.. Should I buy T60RP? I'm interested to buy this headphone from Amazon Japan, 250 USD w/o shipping + import taxes
Is there any other alternatives within the price range?
Note: I really like ATH-MSR7(SE), T50RP MK3, Fostex TH900, Modded Sennheiser HD800.

edit:
An interesting bundle. Including balance cable, HP-A4BL with wood exterior, headphone stand.
But I prefer to save money for only headphones instead because still have FiiO E10K
fAlkutF.png

$250 is a decent price here. That bundle looks a bit overpriced for $500 as the amp is worth $350-400.
EMU Teak is also nice if you like TH900 but more expensive. You get a T60 is you want the fanciest Fostex T50 mod. ZMF pads are not a must but really nice on it, suede oval is the supposedly the best.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #1,023 of 1,450
After having buzzing driver issue and had my T60rp sent back to HK for replacement, I finally got a replacement pair back straight from fostex jp (my HK dealer as well as its distributer, DMA Audio, refused that it had any problems and repeatedly saying they sounded OK and had ‘tested’ with their fancy Schiit Amp and crap, and seemed not even bother to use the low freq test track I provided only after they sent it to Foster did they finally accept the return)

edited: typo

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #1,027 of 1,450
Where do you find that exploded view? I want to make a wallpaper from it

May 10, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #1,028 of 1,450
Where do you find that exploded view? I want to make a wallpaper from it

I'll try get a high res version it was from a vendor.
Edit it is the only pic full compass has to work with.

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #1,029 of 1,450
Last edited:
May 12, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #1,030 of 1,450
After having buzzing driver issue and had my T60rp sent back to HK for replacement, I finally got a replacement pair back straight from fostex jp (my HK dealer as well as its distributer, DMA Audio, refused that it had any problems and repeatedly saying they sounded OK and had ‘tested’ with their fancy Schiit Amp and ****, and seemed not even bother to use the low freq test track I provided only after they sent it to Foster did they finally accept the return)

edited: typo

How much time did you have to wait until you could get a replacement unit ? I am in the same situation and I have been waiting for almost 3 months now. :triportsad:

May 13, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #1,031 of 1,450
How much time did you have to wait until you could get a replacement unit ? I am in the same situation and I have been waiting for almost 3 months now. :triportsad:
I sent them in since Feb and just got em back the day I posted. So, approx 3 months+.

May 13, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #1,033 of 1,450
If anyone is interested I just received my zebrawood cups from vibrolabs. Can't wait to get these puppies singing with a T50RP MK3 driver and the mayflower tuning kit.

Pictured with 110mm Chinese ear pads.

kVK8VN9.jpg vC6nJro.jpg

May 13, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #1,034 of 1,450
If anyone is interested I just received my zebrawood cups from vibrolabs. Can't wait to get these puppies singing with a T50RP MK3 driver and the mayflower tuning kit.

Pictured with 110mm Chinese ear pads.

gorgeous you are going to be very happy, make sure you use the MK III baffle and all will be fine.

Last night I upgraded my Thunderpants with a MK III driver and baffle and the extra wooden ring I had from the M1060.
I also bought an Argon MK III from a fellow head-fier that did not like their signature. I am curious to see how they sound.

My next project is a dual driver T50 RP with a sound stage 20 ft wide and killer mids.

We should go in the headphone bossiness just for the fan of it.

Enjoy your Zebras.

edit and the pads are "delicious" , lol it is going to be another whole night listening to music!

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #1,035 of 1,450
I sent them in since Feb and just got em back the day I posted. So, approx 3 months+.

Wow. I contacted my distributor almost 3 months ago, and they didn't even tell me to send the unit so I could get a new one. I contacted them again a month ago and they basically told me to wait. lol

Thank you for sharing your experience though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back