Fostex T60RP
Oct 27, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #1,381 of 1,463
IME the T60RP is a very nice sounding headphone stock, that responds quite well to equalization. When I think about the prices of
some custom made wooden headphones that can run into thousands of dollars, the T60RP should be considered an incredible value.
I also agree that using the stock pads is a good idea if you are going to use EQ on the T60RP. It can be part of an end game system.

I also own a pair of T50RP MK3's that I like very much, but the T60RP sounds more refined and is clearly better constructed. IMO,
the T60RP is easily worth the difference in price over the T50RP MK3.
I agree with everything you say, except for the EQ and pads. Everyone replaces the pads on the T50 and T60 for a reason.

If your headphones don’t sound good at a flat eq or off, then they are bad headphones or bad ear pads. The Fostex are built for modding in mind. Although I think all you need is good baffles and ear pads to make them sound way better than stock.

Oct 27, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #1,383 of 1,463
Thanks, do you know what is the diameter and thickness of these? And what is the diameter on the t60rp ?
I don’t but they aren’t overly thick like some others. I heard these are as good as the dekoni or even the same and way cheaper.

It’s my preference, but I found the non perforated had way too much bass on the T60, So I tried the perforated and they were perfect.

I then tried the non perforated I had on my T50 and they were perfect. The perforated lost too much bass.

YMMV but that’s my experience. Let your ears adjust to them and don’t give an opinion too quickly cause it’s a shock going from the stock pads to these. If you like a thinner sound with a lot of HF and not much presence, stick with the stock pads.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #1,384 of 1,463
I don’t but they aren’t overly thick like some others. I heard these are as good as the dekoni or even the same and way cheaper.

It’s my preference, but I found the non perforated had way too much bass on the T60, So I tried the perforated and they were perfect.

I then tried the non perforated I had on my T50 and they were perfect. The perforated lost too much bass.

YMMV but that’s my experience. Let em your ears adjust to them and don’t give an opinion too quickly cause it’s a shock going from the stock pads to these. If you like a thinner sound with not much presence, stick with the stock pads.
I would like to have thick pads since the clamp force is not that good on these

Oct 27, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #1,385 of 1,463
I would like to have thick pads since the clamp force is not that good on these
Then you will like these. I can’t remember but the clamping too loose for you ? If I remember correctly I think the thiness of the stock pads made them loose?

These cushion your ears. They are very very comfortable! I think they make them for way better.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #1,386 of 1,463
I thought these baffles helped a lot too. Choose standalone option to get just the baffles. These are very well constructed compared to the stock ones. They add a little of everything. Good for testing for only $10. I personally think these and the accessory house pads work well together. I have my EQ flat or off and they sound great.

https://mayflowerelectronics.com/fostex-t50rp-mod-kit/

Oct 27, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #1,387 of 1,463
HD660s is a totally usable pair of cans OOTB. They're natural sounding and neutral, and require very little EQ to shine. T60rp, OTOH, is a hot mess with shrill highs and no bass. They're very fatiguing and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone in their stock form.
This!

Nov 6, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #1,389 of 1,463
I tried them on the T50, wasn’t great but they were better than what comes on the T50.

Nov 6, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #1,392 of 1,463
Do you mean the sound has gotten worse? How can he describe how he has changed?
It’s been a while since I tried them on it. It was def better, just not great. Accessory house pads were better and perm on mine since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back