Fostex T50RP -- What country was it made in?
Sep 14, 2011 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ssuh

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, just got a new Fostex T50RP.  I noticed that the box does not list a country of origin.  Nor do the headphones have a "Made in..." sticker/info.  The instruction booklet says it was printed in China, but where were the cans made???  Anyone know?  Does your headphone say the country of origin?  Am I blind and can't find it?  Thanks for any info!

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 14
Does it matter?

Will you not buy them if they are made in China?

EDIT: WIKI says they are from Japan. You probably got a fake, you better return them and- They don't make fake T50RPs

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #4 of 14

my guess.

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #5 of 14
Of course it matters.  I like to know what I'm buying.  And, it's required that products list the country of origin.

As for Chinese products, I never mentioned China.  You did.  I wonder why?   

Quote:
Does it matter?

EDIT: WIKI says they are from Japan. You probably got a fake, you better return them and- They don't make fake T50RPs

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 14
Ask the store where you bought them.

Problem solved.

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #7 of 14

I bought them online... I guess I'll send them an email.  But I was hoping some headfier's could help me out.  
Quote:
Ask the store where you bought them.

Problem solved.

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
The instruction booklet says it was printed in China, but where were the cans made???

Quote:
Of course it matters.  I like to know what I'm buying.  And, it's required that products list the country of origin.

As for Chinese products, I never mentioned China.  You did.  I wonder why?   

You inferred about them being made in China

Guess what, they are. Made in China and designed by the Japanese. Probably made in the same factory that makes ibuds.

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #9 of 14
How do you know they were made in China? 

Quote:
You inferred about them being made in China

Guess what, they are. Made in China and designed by the Japanese. Probably made in the same factory that makes ibuds.

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #11 of 14
Why would you go straight to this thought?  You must have some issues to work out.  I simply stated that the manual said where it was printed, but the cans themselves did not have a "made in" sticker.  I thought it was odd that the more important item didn't say where it was made.  You tried to make this into a bigger deal.  

Quote:

Dec 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #13 of 14
my guess is they are not made in china... i am looking to buy some now so i looked at some chinese websites to compare prices (i visit china often) and the price in china is double what it is in the US... but that doesn't always mean anything.

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:
my guess is they are not made in china... i am looking to buy some now so i looked at some chinese websites to compare prices (i visit china often) and the price in china is double what it is in the US... but that doesn't always mean anything.

Dang, Dude, you bumped a thread that is over a year old since the last posting.  The Fostex headphones are made in Japan.  A year and half back (or so) when Japan was affected by the major earthquake, it did have some impact on the production capabilities of Fostex while they were rebuilding.  Now, does their whole line get made in Japan?  That's a good question.  Also, Fostex used to make the "D" series by Denon, which up until 9 months ago were being produced. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back