Fostex T50RP modification summary links
Sep 26, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #61 of 87

Quote:
hmm. I'll check those out as there's a "Rat Shack" right near my job. Should work a bit better than that horrid stiff adapter I have. Thanks LFF

beerchug.gif

Anytime!

EDIT: Here is a link to my headband mod:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/452404/just-listened-to-some-fostex-t50rps-today-wow/2895#post_7782196

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #63 of 87

Quote:
I have a piece of leather laying around that is going to be perfect for that! I swear it's as if everyone's T50 is a unique DIY snowflake.

Indeed.

Here is an update to the headband suspension mod:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/452404/just-listened-to-some-fostex-t50rps-today-wow/2910#post_7783760

Nov 3, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #66 of 87

Smeggy (mr Thunderpants) on pads...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/572793/thunderpants-t50rp-mod-group-buy/165#post_7776565

Of the pads I've been investigating I can give the following...

Stax. Good isolation, very comfortable, good sound +, decent soundstage, very expensive.

LCD2 rev1 pads. Very good isolation, good comfort, very good sound, good soundstage +, moderately expensive.

LCD2 rev2 pads. visually a little different, sonically about the same to my ears, so as good as the Rev1.

Beyer Gel pads. Ugly as sin, extreme isolation, good comfort, good sound +, good soundstage +, relatively inexpensive.

Beyer leather pads. Good isolation, good sound, good comfort, difficult to fit, decent soundstage, relatively inexpensive.

Beyer pleather pads. Good isolation, decent comfort, decent sound, decent soundstage, relatively inexpensive.

Beyer Black or Silver velour pads. When modified offer moderate isolation, very good comfort, very good sound, best soundstage, relatively inexpensive.

Fostex pads. Very good isolation, good comfort, good sound, lesser quality construction, moderate soundstage, free.

Denon pads, good isolation, good comfort, good sound, decent soundstage, moderately expensive.

This is my opinion based on tests with my experiment set.
They all have some compromise somewhere and none are perfect, some are extremely well suited to specific needs though.

Nov 6, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #70 of 87
Take your sweet time reading.

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #72 of 87

Quote:
well, then you just pic one mod tutorial. The rastapants 2 seems very promising - see the first post. 

Well, I wanted to read all the mods first and then see which ones alter the sound sig to my liking before modifying. Joelpearce's mod seems intriguing though.

Nov 13, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #73 of 87
THANK YOU SO MUCH for this thread.  I'm a fairly long-time Head-Fi'er, not really new to the full-size phone -- and the Fostex T50RP sounds like a fun sandbox to play in.  A lot of info to digest, as others have mentioned, but this thread helps bring it down to mildly sane levels :)

Much appreciated.

Yip

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:11 AM Post #75 of 87

Users who are viewing this thread

Back