Fostex T-X0 Massdrop edition
Nov 4, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #182 of 242
Hello,
Same thing here. I like it for sure !
Indeed the record material is really important with it : well I know why on some tracks I found it fabulous and on other it sound awfull.
With good recording, very pleasant listing session :)

Nov 4, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #183 of 242
Hello,
Same thing here. I like it for sure !
Indeed the record material is really important with it : well I know why on some tracks I found it fabulous and on other it sound awfull.
With good recording, very pleasant listing session :)

Yes. They managed to get the right tuning. Very enjoyable indeed. Now I want to try other planars.

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #184 of 242
Hi,
After having sold my Mr Speakers Alphadog last year, I was missing both that planar sound and that impression of comfort I've had (mostly due to the lampsking leather of the Alphadog's pads...).
So I've jumped on those Fostex T-X0.

I have several differents headphones, all closed...because I listen to music in an open environnement...which is sometimes very quiet.

And I should have read the specs more carefully, because despite its closed principle, those are not closed...at all. :frowning2:
That's the major concern for me.

Otherwise, they are a bit bassy to my taste, they are not very precise (like the alphadog), but to me, no dynamic headphones can match the emotion of planar magnetic tech.

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #185 of 242
Hi,
After having sold my Mr Speakers Alphadog last year, I was missing both that planar sound and that impression of comfort I've had (mostly due to the lampsking leather of the Alphadog's pads...).
So I've jumped on those Fostex T-X0.

I have several differents headphones, all closed...because I listen to music in an open environnement...which is sometimes very quiet.

And I should have read the specs more carefully, because despite its closed principle, those are not closed...at all. :frowning2:
That's the major concern for me.

Otherwise, they are a bit bassy to my taste, they are not very precise (like the alphadog), but to me, no dynamic headphones can match the emotion of planar magnetic tech.

You could try covering the vents. It's just the area below the point where cup is attached to the headband, IIRC.

Nov 6, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #186 of 242
This will also change the sound quite a bit. @The French may or may not like the change.

Nov 7, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #187 of 242
Hi guys,

While I'm liking the smooth sound, i feel the midbass is lacking abit of punch and mids are kinda recessed

just curious is there any mods for T-X0 that adds more impact to the midbass while retaining the linearity of the lower frequencies, and at the same time bringing the mids more forward

Nov 7, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #188 of 242
Nov 21, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #189 of 242
Hi guys,

While I'm liking the smooth sound, i feel the midbass is lacking abit of punch and mids are kinda recessed

just curious is there any mods for T-X0 that adds more impact to the midbass while retaining the linearity of the lower frequencies, and at the same time bringing the mids more forward

I though they lacked some bass also and swapped out the stock pads for Dekoni sheepskin pads and am much more satisfied now with the added bass and punch. I think the midrabged might be a little more forward also, but I just swapped out the pads last night and I'm not really certain.

Note I prefer the HM5 Sheepskin pads as the have a larger opening, which I find more comfortable. Also I believe the HM5 sheepskin pads are a tad less thick bringing the driver a bit closer to the ear and that may help with the mid-range also. I likemy HM5 Sheepskin pads better than my Dekoni sheepskin pads, and I believe they are less expensive also. I may eventually pick up a pair to replace the Dekoni's on my T-X0.

You may consider giving them a try.

Nov 24, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #190 of 242
I though they lacked some bass also and swapped out the stock pads for Dekoni sheepskin pads and am much more satisfied now with the added bass and punch. I think the midrabged might be a little more forward also, but I just swapped out the pads last night and I'm not really certain.

Note I prefer the HM5 Sheepskin pads as the have a larger opening, which I find more comfortable. Also I believe the HM5 sheepskin pads are a tad less thick bringing the driver a bit closer to the ear and that may help with the mid-range also. I likemy HM5 Sheepskin pads better than my Dekoni sheepskin pads, and I believe they are less expensive also. I may eventually pick up a pair to replace the Dekoni's on my T-X0.

You may consider giving them a try.

I swapped out the stock pads on my T-X0 for a set of HM5 sheepskin pads I had around that were like new. I found a nice improvement in both the mid-bass and treble. I went from being fond of the T-X0 to LOVING IT!

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #191 of 242
I swapped out the stock pads on my T-X0 for a set of HM5 sheepskin pads I had around that were like new. I found a nice improvement in both the mid-bass and treble. I went from being fond of the T-X0 to LOVING IT!

I have to agree. They went from pretty good for the money to something REALLY enjoyable.

Perhaps the treble was also elveted a bit, I didn't really notice. I guess what really stood out to me was the bass, as that's what I felt was really lacking in stock mode,

Nov 25, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #192 of 242
I have a spare set of HM5 sheepskin pads in a drawer. I might just give them a try. Thanks for the advice.

Nov 26, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #194 of 242
I looked at said ear pads on Amazon, and the reviews said they were too small for the Fostex. Any trouble mounting them?

The HM5 Sheepskin? I got mine on with little issue.

People give up to easily! The first time it takes some effort and you have to do some stretching but after you've done it a few times it's not that big deal. It's just a little scary the first time, you tend to worry it's going to break.

Nov 30, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #195 of 242
I looked at said ear pads on Amazon, and the reviews said they were too small for the Fostex. Any trouble mounting them?
I swapped out the stock pads just the other day with a set of Hifiman angled sheepskin pads and they went on without too much effort. They fit fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back