Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3
Apr 15, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #857 of 2,017
@Durza

It is actually padding from my old and sorta broken Sennheiser PC360s. Im pretty sure any padding that is self adhesive will work pretty good. Something like this maybe;http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00JEMRRXS/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1460758908&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=headband+padding&dpPl=1&dpID=21zhR9-uHkL&ref=plSrch

Apr 18, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #861 of 2,017
does anyone know the name of the cushion thingies that is under the headband that they use to mod the alphadogs/mad dogs
the one similar to hd600 cushion

i was wondering if i can buy one and put it on my mk3s

Apr 18, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #862 of 2,017
  Does anyone happen to know if there's a Velour version of the Shure 1540 Pads?

the shure 1840 pads are velour and the same size, tried it with my mk3s. I still like the comfort better with the 1540s though

Apr 18, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #863 of 2,017
Has anyone been able to A/B/C all three varieties? I'm considering getting one soon to take advantage of that rebate offer but I'm not sure which one to get. I know the Fostex advertising language just says "deep bass"/"focused bass"/"clear & balanced sound", but I was curious if there were more in-depth observations out there. As of right now I'm leaning towards the T50RPs, as I currently don't have a semi-open headphone. 

Apr 19, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #864 of 2,017
I was thinking buying these and putting Denon DN HP 1000 earpads on since they look to be a good size/shape but I don't want to risk getting them and not liking them only to waste £40. I could also buy Alcantra pads for about £50 but that is quite a bit of money for earpads and I'm not sure they'd be worth it. If I'm spending that much, I may as well just buy a better set of cans. I might just wait until more people have tried different configurations and mods with these before buying them. I was also considering getting Meze 99 classics instead since I'd be able to use them in and out of the house instead of buying t50s and using them at home and keeping my HD439 for portable use. If only i wasn't a student and had the money to buy both. Has anyone used the Mezes and t50s and got a preference? I understand they are fundamentally different headphones and as such maybe can't be compared directly but I would still apprecite any insight if someone has used both.

Apr 19, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #866 of 2,017
  I was thinking buying these and putting Denon DN HP 1000 earpads on since they look to be a good size/shape but I don't want to risk getting them and not liking them only to waste £40. I could also buy Alcantra pads for about £50 but that is quite a bit of money for earpads and I'm not sure they'd be worth it. If I'm spending that much, I may as well just buy a better set of cans. I might just wait until more people have tried different configurations and mods with these before buying them. I was also considering getting Meze 99 classics instead since I'd be able to use them in and out of the house instead of buying t50s and using them at home and keeping my HD439 for portable use. If only i wasn't a student and had the money to buy both. Has anyone used the Mezes and t50s and got a preference? I understand they are fundamentally different headphones and as such maybe can't be compared directly but I would still apprecite any insight if someone has used both.

with the alcantara pads they are like hd600-650 level comfortable and the sound is actually better with them,
You can try shure 1840 pads which are like 25$ only and are made of velour which is pretty much the same in terms of sound change but different in quality when it comes to comfort, the alcantara pads are way more comfortable though.

also these are wayy cheaper than the meze99, and these are also semi-open.

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #868 of 2,017
Just bought a pair myself as I wanted some Planars, but for some reason if I accentuate the bass in any way (be it boosting the bass directly or lowering everything else) there is added vibration that affects the vocals. Is anyone else getting this, if so, how do I best go about fixing this or avoiding this but still accentuating the bass...just want a little bit more and then it's perfect. Other than that, the sheer quality of the sound is astounding, the mids are so good, the soundstage is very wide, loving it so far. 

Apr 19, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #870 of 2,017
  with the alcantara pads they are like hd600-650 level comfortable and the sound is actually better with them,
You can try shure 1840 pads which are like 25$ only and are made of velour which is pretty much the same in terms of sound change but different in quality when it comes to comfort, the alcantara pads are way more comfortable though.

also these are wayy cheaper than the meze99, and these are also semi-open.

I tried my T50RP MK3 just yesterday with my friend's spare Alcantara pads (he has the Shure 1540 and his spare pads had never been used), and while I definitely found them more comfortable, and didn't find the sound was terrible, it sounded more distant and I had to crank up the volume more -- guess because the drivers are further from the ear.  

I'm curious as to how you characterize more distant as better or whether perhaps you don't share my assessment of them as more distant with the Alcantara pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back