Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #91 of 4,764
Hi all,

Although this is my first post, I have been reading these forums for quite some time and have used the information within to help make my headphone purchase decisions in the past! So hello all!!

But the reason I'm finally posting is that I broke my ER-4P headphone cables some weeks back and was at a loss as to what to do. After seeing what others had been going through from reading these forums, I stumbled across people singing praise about Matthew and Forza Audioworks and the quality of his cable replacement work.

Well I received my replaced cables after having some extremely helpful and speedy responses from Matt on some of my questions about what's involved in repairing them, and I'm nothing short of amazed. The quality is outstanding and you can definitely see that Matt takes immense pride in his work. Moving from the factory copper cable to Matt's higher quality OCC copper is definitely noticeable with the content I'm listening to, and the quality of all the connectors and shrouds are fantastic.

All packaged up in a eco-friendly box and bag with his business card and a warranty card just really top off the quality of the whole package that is his service.

Hats off to you, Matt - you've outdone yourself!

Regards,
Adam
Happy FAW Customer

Aug 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #92 of 4,764
Quote:
Hi all,

Although this is my first post, I have been reading these forums for quite some time and have used the information within to help make my headphone purchase decisions in the past! So hello all!!

But the reason I'm finally posting is that I broke my ER-4P headphone cables some weeks back and was at a loss as to what to do. After seeing what others had been going through from reading these forums, I stumbled across people singing praise about Matthew and Forza Audioworks and the quality of his cable replacement work.

Well I received my replaced cables after having some extremely helpful and speedy responses from Matt on some of my questions about what's involved in repairing them, and I'm nothing short of amazed. The quality is outstanding and you can definitely see that Matt takes immense pride in his work. Moving from the factory copper cable to Matt's higher quality OCC copper is definitely noticeable with the content I'm listening to, and the quality of all the connectors and shrouds are fantastic.

All packaged up in a eco-friendly box and bag with his business card and a warranty card just really top off the quality of the whole package that is his service.

Hats off to you, Matt - you've outdone yourself!

Regards,
Adam
Happy FAW Customer

That's great to read. Matthew is shipping a FAW silver cable to me as we speak. It might be a little while before I have them, but his service has been great so far. Very quick responses to emails, and the turnaround time was very good considering his stocks were out when I initially placed my order.
biggrin.gif

I think in a few weeks I'll be able to post up a review for him, and everyone else that helped to complete my portable rig.

Aug 21, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #93 of 4,764
I need to add my voice to the praise for Matthew. I was intrigued by some people saying that copper cables do really well on the Tralucent 1plus2's. I looked around and the FAW Copper Series IEM cable seemed like the ideal choice because it uses the same connectors as the Tralucent cables as well as the reasonable pricing and praise for the build quality and customer service.

Needless to say I have not been disappointed, I just got the cable so I haven't had much time with it but my initial impressions are very positive. What I can say is Matthew was very patient, answered all my questions promptly and my order arrived in Canada in just a week. The packaging is a very nice touch and the cable itself seems very well built, it's not quite as supple as something like the Magnus 1 from Heir but still quite flexible. All in all the whole package feels like it easily exceeds it's asking price.

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #94 of 4,764
Quote:
I need to add my voice to the praise for Matthew. I was intrigued by some people saying that copper cables do really well on the Tralucent 1plus2's. I looked around and the FAW Copper Series IEM cable seemed like the ideal choice because it uses the same connectors as the Tralucent cables as well as the reasonable pricing and praise for the build quality and customer service.

Needless to say I have not been disappointed, I just got the cable so I haven't had much time with it but my initial impressions are very positive. What I can say is Matthew was very patient, answered all my questions promptly and my order arrived in Canada in just a week. The packaging is a very nice touch and the cable itself seems very well built, it's not quite as supple as something like the Magnus 1 from Heir but still quite flexible. All in all the whole package feels like it easily exceeds it's asking price.

I'd be interested to hear your impressions regarding sonics with the 1plus2. I've been scrounging around for a good on-the-go cable as the uber is not suitable for that application. Patiently awaiting..

popcorn.gif

Aug 21, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #95 of 4,764
I'd be interested to hear your impressions regarding sonics with the 1plus2. I've been scrounging around for a good on-the-go cable as the uber is not suitable for that application. Patiently awaiting..

:popcorn:
Unfortunately it may be awhile before I have any meaningful impressions to post as I'm away from home for a couple of weeks and didn't take the 1plus2's.

Aug 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #96 of 4,764
My cable from Matthew arrived today. For one thing, I've had items from inside the US often take much longer to ship to me than they did from Matthew over in Poland (and for far less in the way of shipping costs I might add). I was totally surprised when they showed up at my door today, but that was a *very nice* surprise to get. Secondly, the packaging was in good shape and very nicely done. The cable itself is a beauty, and I like that it locks in very snugly on the dac and phone. It's the best in terms of build quality that I have used so far.

I've been using it for a little bit now, and because it is digital I can't tell any major sound improvements. It's possible there could have been some detail added, but for me it's so subjective to know if my mood and biases are just altering what I would like to think that my music sounds like with this. It's placebo effect 101 folks, but I really like how the cable looks on my rig, and it works like a champ. This one is a keeper!
etysmile.gif

Aug 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #97 of 4,764
Hi,

I ordered a cable on 8/11, paid by PayPal on 8/12, 5 days to build, postmarked 8/19 and received on 8/26.  Nicely made and it fits the Android phone like a glove.  Now I am waiting for the Centrance HiFi M8.

This company was a pleasure to deal with.  Smooth and easy transaction.  I can't wait to try it out.  Thanks Matthew!!!  And a special thanks to head-fier DanBa for the recommendation.

5 cm functional micro A to USB Type B for Galaxy S4 to Centrance HiFi M8.

Aug 27, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #98 of 4,764
Just got my cables from Matthew and Forza Audioworks! They look awesome and I'm really, really satisfied with the workmanship thus far.  I ordered a lightning-micro usb cable and a copper extension cable.  The packaging was also professionally done and Matthew was very communicative throughout the whole process, answering all my questions.  Would definitely look to buy from him again.  The only bummer is that I though the DAC interface on my TTVJ Slim was a micro usb, but it may not be since the cable will not fit :frowning2:. That's my fault though, and Matthew fulfilled my order to a tee!

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #99 of 4,764
Quote:

popcorn.gif

Ok, I've had a little more time with the Copper Series cable. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the newer stock silver Tralucent cable or not but that's my only frame of reference for comparison. In my opinion the Copper Series cable has a smoother, fuller, richer and weightier sound. By contrast the Tralucent stock silver is quicker, lighter on it's feet. There's a little more tilt towards treble with the Tralucent cable and it seems a touch cleaner on the top. Both have their pluses and minuses but I'm rather smitten with Forza cable for my personal preferences but I could understand why someone would prefer the Tralucent stock silver.

Right now I'm listening to the CEntrance HiFi-M8 out of my laptop with the Forza cabled 1plus2's and it's just magical.

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #100 of 4,764
Quote:
Ok, I've had a little more time with the Copper Series cable. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the newer stock silver Tralucent cable or not but that's my only frame of reference for comparison. In my opinion the Copper Series cable has a smoother, fuller, richer and weightier sound. By contrast the Tralucent stock silver is quicker, lighter on it's feet. There's a little more tilt towards treble with the Tralucent cable and it seems a touch cleaner on the top. Both have their pluses and minuses but I'm rather smitten with Forza cable for my personal preferences but I could understand why someone would prefer the Tralucent stock silver.

Right now I'm listening to the CEntrance HiFi-M8 out of my laptop with the Forza cabled 1plus2's and it's just magical.

Thanks for the impressions nero. I'm trying to find a durable cable for on-the-go use with the 1plus2. The uber is not so hot in this area, so I'm interested in anyone's opinion for a more durable and less expensive alternative. Will looking into the Copper series now that you seem to like the combo. By the way, how are the pin connectors holding up? I know that the 1plus2 have recessed sockets, do the Forza IEM cables fit snug enough for exercise and heavy movement?

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #101 of 4,764
Quote:

Thanks for the impressions nero. I'm trying to find a durable cable for on-the-go use with the 1plus2. The uber is not so hot in this area, so I'm interested in anyone's opinion for a more durable and less expensive alternative. Will looking into the Copper series now that you seem to like the combo. By the way, how are the pin connectors holding up? I know that the 1plus2 have recessed sockets, do the Forza IEM cables fit snug enough for exercise and heavy movement?

The Copper Series looks like it uses the same connectors as Tralucent. I asked Matthew when ordering which to get for the 1plus2's and he said the sockets on the 1plus2's were not quite as deep as the usual CIEM recessed sockets so suggested I order the standard not recessed. Also, after talking to Matthew I determined that the standard also should have the same pin diameter of 0.77mm of the Tralucent cables so the fit is about the same. My only real complaint so far is the lack of L/R designation which makes it a bit more of a challenge when putting them on the IEM's.

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #102 of 4,764
I have just received my Faw HPC for Audeze LCD2, shipping takes about 9 days to arrive and 5 days for build, pretty fast for international service.
The cable looks and sound great, nice packaging, good protection. Only a problem that there is no mark for L and R and i have to plug and check :D
Matthew is very friendly and helpful as always :)
Thanks Matt!

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #103 of 4,764
Yeah I had the same problem figuring out which side was which with the Noir cable for my HD 800.  In the end I assumed that the graphic on the splitter had to face forwards and went with that.  I meant to ask Matthew about that but didn't get round to it.

Today I went ahead and ordered another Noir cable for my HE-500.  And an extender (4 pin XLR to 6.3 inch plug). 

Sep 1, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #104 of 4,764
Sep 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #105 of 4,764
Was on Forza site, there is a teaser image for upcoming "Hybrid Series" IEM cable

The real reason I was on the site was to use the contact form to enquire about Kobiconn / RSA portable balanced plug termination option.
My message was sent at 21:59 BST. Received a reply at 22:06 BST. Impressive, reminds me of David @ CypherLabs who is similarly quick to reply.

The answer I got was "yes". Website not updated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back