Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Dec 2, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #4,606 of 4,764
Hi everyone, I'd like to ask some advice on IEM cables. Just bought a 64 Audio Volür (still on its way), that thing is mainly for listening to EDM (and therefore the presence of bass :D). I'd like to buy a balanced cable, do you think this could be a good choice? My other candidate would be full silver from Lavricables or from Linsoul for much more money but I don't want to spend this amount of money only if it is justified + full silver and I don't want to lose any bass in there but since I am a just young player here I would like to ask experienced "colleagues" opinion on these. I live in the EU hence Forza AudioWorks and Lavricables are preferred.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #4,607 of 4,764
Hi everyone, I'd like to ask some advice on IEM cables. Just bought a 64 Audio Volür (still on its way), that thing is mainly for listening to EDM (and therefore the presence of bass :D). I'd like to buy a balanced cable, do you think this could be a good choice? My other candidate would be full silver from Lavricables or from Linsoul for much more money but I don't want to spend this amount of money only if it is justified + full silver and I don't want to lose any bass in there but since I am a just young player here I would like to ask experienced "colleagues" opinion on these. I live in the EU hence Forza AudioWorks and Lavricables are preferred.

I haven't heard the Forza IEM cables but I will say I recently went to a headphone store in Nagoya, Japan called e-earphones and was able to test out a bunch of different IEM cables directly. I do feel that pure silver was a step forward, and with my CA Andromeda 2020 the palladium-plated silver (Nobunaga Vision) was a league above everything else I tried that was either copper or copper and silver. I'd be interested in hearing why Forza has never worked with pure silver before.

I do own a Lavricables Ultimate IEM cable but the left channel has gone dead and it needs to be sent back for repair. Also, the twisted pairs above the splitter going to the MMCX connectors keeps coming undone and need re-twisted from time to time but I can never get it right. Either way, I'm selling the Lavricables once they come back from repair, I don't know how they compare directly to the Nobunaga Vision but I know my Andros have never sounded anywhere close to this good before.

Sorry if this is all tangential and not helpful in making a decision...good luck!

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #4,608 of 4,764
I'm still using Noir Hybrid terminated with xlr 4 pin on my 2 most important headphones - Susvara and HD800.

You have a nice selection of cans :)

I have many FAW cables and continue to get them in the future. Only thing that I'm not a big fan of is the female 4.4mm connector of my recent 4.4mm Noir hybrid extender cable. It is this weird shaped plastic housing. It 100% works but every time I use the cable it just looks and feels a bit cheap and odd. It is over 400€ cable.

7pXyAzel.jpg

Thanks for pointing this out and I understand what you mean. The reason for these sockets is twofold: they're 4.4mm originals, so more reliable than anything else we've tried here. The other reason is that we always want to keep our prices as low as possible and fancy exterior for this socket would noticeably elevate that. We're thinking about making nicer alternatives, but as a boutique manufacturer (...who doesn't order parts by thousands of units) we pay a lot for any such ideas. I hope this clears things a bit :)

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Dec 18, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #4,609 of 4,764
full silver

Pure silver conductors are good, but situational :wink:

Ordered a short length Noir Hybrid HPC cable with a 4.4mm plug for my Auteur/Verité Closed/LCD3 to use with a Cayin N8 dap I recently acquired.

It took less than a couple of weeks to receive it since completing the order and communication with Matt was excellent during the whole process. It’s not my first Forza order and this is an aspect I feel has improved since my first purchase some years ago.

Quality and craftsmanship is as good as always, you get a very well-made and nice looking cable for a fair price when comparing to other fancy cable builders.

I think this picture sums up my thoughts on Matt’s cables :smiley:

Thank you very much :)

After looking at your upper photo the idea of returning to DAPs is very tempting :D

May I share your post on my FB please?

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dec 18, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #4,610 of 4,764

Thanks for pointing this out and I understand what you mean. The reason for these sockets is twofold: they're 4.4mm originals, so more reliable than anything else we've tried here. The other reason is that we always want to keep our prices as low as possible and fancy exterior for this socket would noticeably elevate that. We're thinking about making nicer alternatives, but as a boutique manufacturer (...who doesn't order parts by thousands of units) we pay a lot for any such ideas. I hope this clears things a bit :)

Thanks for the answer, Matt. It makes me feel a bit better that my 300€ cable has this for an adapter. What does it mean exactly, 4.4 originals? It means the inside is made by Sony or something?

Dec 18, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #4,611 of 4,764

Dec 18, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #4,613 of 4,764
Pure silver conductors are good, but situational :wink:

Thank you very much :)

After looking at your upper photo the idea of returning to DAPs is very tempting :D

May I share your post on my FB please?
You're more than welcome, Matt.

Having a sixteen month old toddler at home has made the use of a dap a necessary evil these last months, as I barely manage to spend any quality time with my desktop setup :sweat_smile:

Sure, no problem, go ahead :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #4,614 of 4,764
It's fascinating (and extremely frustrating) how long cable burn-in takes. I thought my Noir Hybrid with Furutech XLR sounded good out of the box, but after playing since at least Thursday (it's Monday morning as I write this), the sense of depth and fine detail retrieval continue to improve and impress. I keep finding it hard to take my headphones off.

Chain:
Pi2AES > custom silver-plated copper AES cable > Gustard R26 > custom silver XLR cables > Jotunheim 2 > FAW Hybrid Noir w/ Furutech XLR > ZMF Atticus

I will save full impressions (of which there will be few, since I don't have anything but custom cables to compare to) and photos for when I receive my Mjolnir 3 :)

Dec 18, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #4,615 of 4,764

Thank you for the thorough explanation. Good to know it has quality socket inside.

Dec 25, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #4,617 of 4,764
I have ordered a Claire Hybrid HPC for my HifiMan 1000V2.
It arrive already some days ofter the order - great! Sustainable packing - great!

Tha cable itself is very light, great craftmanship. Sound has improved already out of the box. I am very happy, but then also not.
Not sure, if I rather should have got the Noir Hybrid instead.
Will order now cables also for my Sennheiser 800V2 and the Ether 2.
Again... Noir Hybrid or Claire Hybrid.... The price difference is 70,- EUR per cable.... sigh.

Dec 30, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #4,619 of 4,764
Hi i bougth the Noir HPC Mk2 with 4 pin xlr connector for HD800S.

I did notice there was no left/right marked on the 2 pin connector.
Does it not matter which way i connect it?

I can fry my balanced Ferrum Oor amp if i connect wrong way?

Or it will just sound weird when connected wrong way? (then that would be easy to find out which way is right)

Is this normal or something they have missed?

Maybe its just that easy that the left side is the left cable coming out of the splitter with the cogwheel facing me?
Also left side 2 pin connector has green A on the FAW print. While right side print is all white so something to set them apart.

Attachments

• IMG_20231230_085541.jpg
    IMG_20231230_085541.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231230_085326.jpg
    IMG_20231230_085326.jpg
    696.4 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back