Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Dec 30, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #4,621 of 4,765
Hi i bougth the Noir HPC Mk2 with 4 pin xlr connector for HD800S.

I did notice there was no left/right marked on the 2 pin connector.
Does it not matter which way i connect it?

I can fry my balanced Ferrum Oor amp if i connect wrong way?

Or it will just sound weird when connected wrong way? (then that would be easy to find out which way is right)

Is this normal or something they have missed?

Maybe its just that easy that the left side is the left cable coming out of the splitter with the cogwheel facing me?
Also left side 2 pin connector has green A on the FAW print. While right side print is all white so something to set them apart.

As stated above, the little green marker indicates the right channel.

Forza use green instead of the more usual red.

Dec 30, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #4,622 of 4,765
As stated above, the little green marker indicates the right channel.
Forza use green instead of the more usual red.
"Maybe its just that easy that the left side is the left cable coming out of the splitter with the cogwheel facing me?
Also left side 2 pin connector has green A on the FAW print. While right side print is all white so something to set them apart."

The gear logo on the splitter should be pointing outward, away from you for the world to see. This should make the right side have the green indicator.

Dec 30, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #4,623 of 4,765
"Maybe its just that easy that the left side is the left cable coming out of the splitter with the cogwheel facing me?
Also left side 2 pin connector has green A on the FAW print. While right side print is all white so something to set them apart."

The gear logo on the splitter should be pointing outward, away from you for the world to see. This should make the right side have the green indicator.

Sure, if you are fussy if the logo points outward when using the cable, it certainly doesn’t have to.

I do love the attention to detail that Forza puts into the cables where with the cable in its natural position all the logos are in proper alignment, even the one on the amp plug.

Dec 30, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #4,624 of 4,765
Sure, if you are fussy if the logo points outward when using the cable, it certainly doesn’t have to.

I do love the attention to detail that Forza puts into the cables where with the cable in its natural position all the logos are in proper alignment, even the one on the amp plug.
The logo pointing outward makes the right-ear connector be on the right side. Has nothing to do with looks. So when you say it "doesn't have to," do you mean you don't mind reversing the channels?

Dec 30, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #4,625 of 4,765
The logo pointing outward makes the right-ear connector be on the right side. Has nothing to do with looks. So when you say it "doesn't have to," do you mean you don't mind reversing the channels?

It has everything to do with looks and fussy attention to detail in the assembly of the cable. It isn’t a case if it “should” face forward for some functional purpose, that is a cosmetic nicety. If you use that as the reference to the left and right plugs that is fine of course but the green indicator is there for that reason and no other aspect of the cable matters if you use that green indicator.

If you plug the ear cup plugs in correctly using the green indicator the rest of the cable could be twisted around in any old manner and the connection would still be correct.

Dec 30, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #4,626 of 4,765
Thanks guys, got it. Yes this makes most sense. Having the cogwheel visable resting on my belly then green gets R channel.

So its normal they don't mark the L and R channel?
Then they should add an instruction booklet imo. I guess they have to answer the same question many times over.

Dec 30, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #4,627 of 4,765
Thanks guys, got it. Yes this makes most sense. Having the cogwheel visable resting on my belly then green gets R channel.

So its normal they don't mark the L and R channel?
Then they should add an instruction booklet imo. I guess they have to answer the same question many times over.

They do indicate the channels.

The green is the right side indicator, most use red, Forza choose green.

The other symbols on the splitter and termination don’t mean anything specifically, Forza just like to align everything.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #4,628 of 4,765
They do indicate the channels.

The green is the right side indicator, most use red, Forza choose green.
Yes i understand that now. But i had to ask about it so its not obvious which channels is which until you ask about it. Some info sent with it would help.

Marking L And R would be better i think.

Anyway also curious can i fry the Headphone or amp connecting it wrong way?

Dec 30, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #4,629 of 4,765
Yes i understand that now. But i had to ask about it so its not obvious which channels is which until you ask about it. Some info sent with it would help.

Marking L And R would be better i think.

Anyway also curious can i fry the Headphone or amp connecting it wrong way?

I beg your pardon I think I misunderstood your comment. When you say indicate L and R you literally mean with the letters not just some means to indicate the channels.

Many headphone and IEM cables use a colour code, typically red for right and often nothing for left or sometimes blue.

No risk of any damage, all that will happen is the sound that should be coming out of the left channel will come out of the right and vice versa.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #4,630 of 4,765
When you say indicate L and R you literally mean with the letters not just some means to indicate the channels.
Yes that whas i meant. My Single ended audio envy HD800S cable has that.

Dec 30, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #4,631 of 4,765
My first impressions of another HP Cable i bougth for my Akg K371 the

Copper Series HPC Mk2​

Is that it bring more clarity. Some better articulation and some new details was heard. It was introducing more sibilance though compared to stock Akg cable. I hope it will improve with burn in.

Anyone had any experience with burn in with Forza cables?

Dec 30, 2023 at 10:00 PM Post #4,632 of 4,765
You have better ears than me, I don’t hear any difference between cables let alone worrying about burn in.

My guess is the sharpness will ease off when you stop thinking about the cables and get back to enjoying the music.

Dec 31, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #4,633 of 4,765
The Copper Series HPC Mk2 is my first ever transparent cable i have bought. Its good looking.

Dec 31, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #4,634 of 4,765
You have better ears than me, I don’t hear any difference between cables let alone worrying about burn in.

My guess is the sharpness will ease off when you stop thinking about the cables and get back to enjoying the music.
Maybe i have better technique for evaluating sound.
I have a playlist with 46 songs that i listen to before and after i change something in my audio chain. Its a bit ocd.

Dec 31, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #4,635 of 4,765
I'll soon have a ZMF Grand Silver Palladium to compare to my FAW Noir Hybrid w/ Furutech XLR that I use to drive my ZMF Atticus. If my experience with palladium-plating is any indication, it won't be a fair fight. I use a palladium-plated silver cable for my Campfire Andromeda 2020s, after I had the opportunity to sit down and evaluate several different cables while traveling in Japan. The palladium-plated silver bested the silver/copper blends (and most everything else I tried) in terms of detail retrieval and soundstaging depth/accuracy.

The better of the two cables will stay with the Atticus and the other will go to my office to drive my ZMF Blackwoods.

As for the Noir Hybrid, there isn't much to say about this cable that hasn't already been said. It's very neutral and does not color the sound. Fine detail retrieval and spatial cues are excellent, so that the sound is very natural, detailed, and spacious. I'm perfectly happy with my purchase and probably didn't need to order the ZMF cable, but again, my experience with palladium is that it's next level stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back