Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Feb 3, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #4,381 of 4,760
I'm looking for an upgrade cable for my Abyss Diana V2 and am hesitating between the noir vs Claire HPC Mk2 to have a little more warmth and bass. Since both cables use the same cable, I wonder what sound improvements I have with the more expensive cable

Feb 3, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #4,382 of 4,760
I'm looking for an upgrade cable for my Abyss Diana V2 and am hesitating between the noir vs Claire HPC Mk2 to have a little more warmth and bass. Since both cables use the same cable, I wonder what sound improvements I have with the more expensive cable
I have both in HPC and they are both great. The Noir is noticeably better to my ears in a number of subtle ways. A little more tonal weight, a little better separation/sense of space. The Claire is super lightweight and like wearing nothing. the Noir is a lot heavier and you feel it more while wearing (thought the sleeve/materials are very premium and comfortable). I’d say the Noir will tilt ever so slightly warmer / denser if that’s what you’re looking for. You can’t go wrong with either!

Feb 6, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #4,385 of 4,760
IIRC HPC is the “warmest” of the cables.

That's accurate, my copper cables sound warmer and fuller than hybrid products, so my customers have something to choose from based on headphones they own and sound they pursue.

I'm looking for an upgrade cable for my Abyss Diana V2 and am hesitating between the noir vs Claire HPC Mk2 to have a little more warmth and bass

In your case I'd go with copper. It'll inject some meat into those Abyss cans and soften edges here and there.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Feb 6, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #4,386 of 4,760
That's accurate, my copper cables sound warmer and fuller than hybrid products, so my customers have something to choose from based on headphones they own and sound they pursue.

In your case I'd go with copper. It'll inject some meat into those Abyss cans and soften edges here and there.
Thank you i ordered Noir HPC from you. Is it warmer than Claire? I hope the Abyss headphone jack doesn't cause any problems with your cable.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #4,387 of 4,760
Hi @Matez

What are the current waiting times for Noir Hybrid cables? I placed an order on the 21 Jan - can you check everything is ok?

Thanks

Feb 12, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #4,388 of 4,760
Seems like most here do go for the Noir cable, I did go for the Claire Hybrid HPC with dark sleeve. Used it for almost two years now, supreme quality and sound.

While not maybe as beautiful as the Noir its beautiful in its own way, matches good with my ZMF Verite Silkwood.
DSCF1904.jpg

DSCF1900 (Large).jpg

Feb 12, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #4,389 of 4,760
Seems like most here do go for the Noir cable, I did go for the Claire Hybrid HPC with dark sleeve. Used it for almost two years now, supreme quality and sound.

While not maybe as beautiful as the Noir its beautiful in its own way, matches good with my ZMF Verite Silkwood.

Fully agree. I have a Noir as well, but most of my FAW cables are the Claire Hybrid HPC. I enjoy the look, feel and light weight. Just great.

Feb 14, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #4,390 of 4,760
Got the Forza hybrid cables for Sennheiser IE 900. So far so good. Much better ergonomics than the stock cable.

2X2A0379.jpg

2X2A0380.jpg

Feb 15, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #4,391 of 4,760
****** PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBED SITUATION IS NOT ABOUT ANY MISTAKE MADE BY FORZA AUDIOWORKS / MATT - it's just about a cable component that I also use on my FAW cables ******

I have been using this iHP-35S --what I thought was-- excellent Furutech cable on all of my Sennheiser 6-series headphones. I have four of them.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/head...-headset-cable-63mm-to-ft-2ps-13m-p-8148.html

The headphone cup connectors fit just right, the length is perfect for me, and it all terminates with a glorious, premium, 6.3mm Furutech jack. Aside from the rubber nature of the cable, which is actually quite nice, it's just a lovely cable.

I am posting this here because I liked this premium Furutech 6.3mm jack so much, I asked Matt to outfit it on two of my nice FAW cables as well. And he did, and they work very, very well.

Well, imagine the following thing happening today. I grab my HD-600 with the audiophonics.fr purchased iHP-35S (which I take really good care of, as I do with all gear), reach to plug it in, and discover what you see in these pictures. Well, almost. In the area you see, the rhodium plating was bubbled up a bit, peeled off a bit... I cleaned it up by taking off all that was "bubbled up" and now it looks as you see. I never dropped the cable, never kept it outside of my home at a rather constant temperature... so I can't understand how this is possible. Is the life of these plated jacks this short? I've only had it for two years.

Has anyone else had this happen with their rhodium plated Furutech jacks / connectors?

Matt, considering this, do you actually recommend the bigger, standard, gold-platted Furutech 6.3mm jack instead of this one?

20230215_161251.jpg20230215_161300.jpg20230215_161320.jpg

Feb 15, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #4,392 of 4,760
****** PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBED SITUATION IS NOT ABOUT ANY MISTAKE MADE BY FORZA AUDIOWORKS / MATT - it's just about a cable component that I also use on my FAW cables ******

I have been using this iHP-35S --what I thought was-- excellent Furutech cable on all of my Sennheiser 6-series headphones. I have four of them.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/head...-headset-cable-63mm-to-ft-2ps-13m-p-8148.html

The headphone cup connectors fit just right, the length is perfect for me, and it all terminates with a glorious, premium, 6.3mm Furutech jack. Aside from the rubber nature of the cable, which is actually quite nice, it's just a lovely cable.

I am posting this here because I liked this premium Furutech 6.3mm jack so much, I asked Matt to outfit it on two of my nice FAW cables as well. And he did, and they work very, very well.

Well, imagine the following thing happening today. I grab my HD-600 with the audiophonics.fr purchased iHP-35S (which I take really good care of, as I do with all gear), reach to plug it in, and discover what you see in these pictures. Well, almost. In the area you see, the rhodium plating was bubbled up a bit, peeled off a bit... I cleaned it up by taking off all that was "bubbled up" and now it looks as you see. I never dropped the cable, never kept it outside of my home at a rather constant temperature... so I can't understand how this is possible. Is the life of these plated jacks this short? I've only had it for two years.

Has anyone else had this happen with their rhodium plated Furutech jacks / connectors?

Matt, considering this, do you actually recommend the bigger, standard, gold-platted Furutech 6.3mm jack instead of this one?

I had a similar experience with a pair of old Blur earbuds. They came with a gold 4.4 connector and I received them used. This was not described by the seller. However when received, I plugged it into my DAP and no audio. I took it out and plugged it in at a different angle, nothing, 3rd time I had sound like normal. Upon further investigation, I noticed parts of the plug had peeled off in multiple places just like your rhodium plug.

I thought about having it reterminated but in the meantime I received other buds so this one no longer had use. Ended up giving it away.

In the end I am not sure how it happened, puzzled me as well.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #4,393 of 4,760
Yes, that's what's especially strange for mine. I bought it brand new from a respectable shop, never dropped it, etc.

The only possible thing I can think of is that I sometimes insert it into the rather tight 6.3mm to 3.5mm Furutech adapter (also rhodium). Furutech into Furutech, hard to believe it would damage the inserted jack.

Disappointed because I have come to think of my cables at least as something that I'll never have to worry about upgrading/replacing.

Feb 16, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #4,394 of 4,760
Edit.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2023 at 5:07 AM Post #4,395 of 4,760
Yes, that's what's especially strange for mine. I bought it brand new from a respectable shop, never dropped it, etc.

The only possible thing I can think of is that I sometimes insert it into the rather tight 6.3mm to 3.5mm Furutech adapter (also rhodium). Furutech into Furutech, hard to believe it would damage the inserted jack.

Disappointed because I have come to think of my cables at least as something that I'll never have to worry about upgrading/replacing.
Is it this?

furutech_f35_r___07947.jpg

Because I have this as well, and think it's also caused damage to one of my high end AECO rhodium plugs - similar to yours, looks like it's been chipped. The Furutech adapter is a bloody nightmare to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back