Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2022 at 5:30 AM Post #4,321 of 4,778
Let the fun begin!

The Noir Hybrid only has a few hours of burn-in and I can already hear the potential. I am getting better bass impact and power, improved imaging, separation and air, with more texture and detail, and the mids are clean and clear with really good yet none fatiguing extension up top. The staging is another standout trait and has become even more holographic and expansive in all directions without sounding diffused at all. I am also hearing more nuance and detail and nothing sounds forced or unnatural. The dynamics also picked up a notch and everything got bigger and better, and this cable really is something special and for the money can't be beat.

Well done Matt! You truly have a masterpiece and I can see why there are tons of happy Noir Hybrid owners, and now you can count me as one of them. :beerchug:

Back to the burn-in. . .

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #4,322 of 4,778
Thanks for your impressions! As for differences between cables and balanced versus unbalanced headphone outs, on some amps they're really (I mean REALLY) pronounced. When that happens all that's left is to enjoy them :)
Hi, Mateusz. I writed like 3 emails to you, but got no response. Can you pm me? its about my order.

Dec 23, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #4,324 of 4,778
It's the reason why I am still using it with Susvara. :relaxed:
Seeing all your gear picks over the years with the Noir Hybrid always hooked up to your headphones, is one of the major reasons I went this route. I know you know good sound and have the gear to hear it, and I figured there is a reason why you have stayed with Forza, and now I know why.

Between you and @jonathan c always posting picks and talking about the Noir Hybrid, I knew I couldn't go wrong.

Thanks for sharing! :beerchug:

Dec 23, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #4,325 of 4,778
Enjoy Wes, you have good gear now. Over the years, I had lots of headphones and Forza cables have been value for money and sounding good. If I had spend on mega bucks cables, I surely wouldn't have been able to sample the headphones of Audeze LCD2, 3, 4, X, HiFiMan Arya, He1000se, Susvara, HD650, HD800, ZMF Atticus, Eikon, Verite Open, Beyer T1.2.

Because of Forza cables, there will still be turkey on the table this Christmas, otherwise it will be just a pidgeon.

Dec 25, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #4,326 of 4,778
Because of Forza cables, there will still be turkey on the table this Christmas, otherwise it will be just a pidgeon
Lol, I can second that, I have just attached 2.5m of balanced Noir Hybrid to my Audeze LCD-X's and can confirm that I have not heard Cradle of Filth sound this good before, such a rich, dynamic engaging and exciting sound, plus the pidgeons are still happily walking around in my garden today.

Dec 25, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #4,327 of 4,778
Lol, I can second that, I have just attached 2.5m of balanced Noir Hybrid to my Audeze LCD-X's and can confirm that I have not heard Cradle of Filth sound this good before, such a rich, dynamic engaging and exciting sound, plus the pidgeons are still happily walking around in my garden today.

I had the LCD-X before and did miss it. These headphones were using Claire Hybrid cables.

IMG_1488.jpg

Dec 25, 2022 at 12:17 PM Post #4,328 of 4,778
Thats cool, love that your Audeze's had their own dedicated amp (In your pic), I have my (other Audeze's) LCD-2 c's cabled with Claire mk2, definately better than the stock unbalanced but not as clear and dynamic as the Noir Hybrid, but of course there is a price difference.

Dec 25, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #4,330 of 4,778
Awesome pic, you Odyssey amp makes my Burson Soloist 3xp look weak, what music do you listen to mainly?

(i'm listening to Elder right now through my LCD-X's, the Noir hybrid really pulls you into the music with this band)

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #4,331 of 4,778
Awesome pic, you Odyssey amp makes my Burson Soloist 3xp look weak, what music do you listen to mainly?

(i'm listening to Elder right now through my LCD-X's, the Noir hybrid really pulls you into the music with this band)

I had the Burson before but I sold it to buy GEC KT88 and Philips Miniwatt EL34 double D getters for Odyssey. I listen to everything except Tibetian chant. Right now revisiting Pink Floyd 'Time' because this hour when it's gone will never be there again. :wink:

A picture of the Burson when I had it and the headphones were all wearing Forza cables, except for the He6se. :)

IMG_3839.jpg

Dec 26, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #4,332 of 4,778
You moved from solid state to valve, did you find that the valve amp sound benefitted the Audeze's?

Dec 26, 2022 at 8:06 AM Post #4,333 of 4,778
You moved from solid state to valve, did you find that the valve amp sound benefitted the Audeze's?

I did not move from ss to tube. I've always been on tube amps right from 2015. Along the way though, I experimented with quite a lot of ss amps just to see if I like it. Unfortunately I prefer tube amps with any headphones.

Dec 26, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #4,334 of 4,778
I did not move from ss to tube. I've always been on tube amps right from 2015. Along the way though, I experimented with quite a lot of ss amps just to see if I like it. Fortunately, I prefer tube amps with any headphones.
FTFY… [Reg. TM; © bcowen: 2021.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back