Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Dec 9, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #4,292 of 4,782
Thanks @Matez , hybrid noir received today and very happy with the quality of the cable - I opened the box and thought I’d bought a tow rope but it’s lovely and flexible, has a great feel to it and is really nicely terminated. Fits my Quad ERA-1s perfectly, thanks for the advice when I ordered - Will be burning in and reporting back if I notice any problems though I’m sure I won’t, I don’t have the vocabulary but they sound brilliant right now 😀

Dec 9, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #4,293 of 4,782
Thanks @Matez , hybrid noir received today and very happy with the quality of the cable - I opened the box and thought I’d bought a tow rope but it’s lovely and flexible, has a great feel to it and is really nicely terminated. Fits my Quad ERA-1s perfectly, thanks for the advice when I ordered - Will be burning in and reporting back if I notice any problems though I’m sure I won’t, I don’t have the vocabulary but they sound brilliant right now 😀
What kind of advice, if I may ask? :)

Dec 9, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #4,294 of 4,782
What kind of advice, if I may ask? :)
I was worried about the plug size, the ERA-1s are not listed as one of the 3.5mm head-end options. I asked @Matez and he advised me that I should order Hifiman and put those they’re actually for the Quads in the order notes - they fit bang on
FBFC2EDF-705A-4954-AEED-508778FE0EF2.jpeg

Dec 9, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #4,295 of 4,782
Ah, ok.
Thank you.
I've ordered the Beyer T1 plugs on the Noir Hybrid for my Quads 3 years ago.
Looks like the same fit. :thumbsup:

Dec 11, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #4,296 of 4,782
Thanks for the assessments. I think I’ll go with the hybrid with neutrik 4 pin. Heard good things about the build so can’t wait for it to arrive.
Received my Noir Hybrid w/Neutrik plug last week and I've been using it with my Atrium. The construction is solid and the cable feels very supple with almost no microphonics. A big step up in terms of ergonomics over the stock ZMF cables and about on par if not slightly better than the Verite silver. Probably the cable I'd recommend if anyone is looking for an upgrade over stock.

Dec 19, 2022 at 8:06 AM Post #4,298 of 4,782
Received my Noir Hybrid w/Neutrik plug last week and I've been using it with my Atrium. The construction is solid and the cable feels very supple with almost no microphonics. A big step up in terms of ergonomics over the stock ZMF cables and about on par if not slightly better than the Verite silver. Probably the cable I'd recommend if anyone is looking for an upgrade over stock.
I found the Forza AudioWorks Noir Hybrid HPC cable to be very good for the HD800 representing a big step in performance over the stock cable.

Dec 20, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #4,299 of 4,782
Got a Noir Hybrid arriving in the next few days to pair with my VC's and HA300mk2, and can't wait to hear it! :smile: I have had the Copper and Claire series in the past and really enjoyed them, and now I am really looking forward to hearing the FAW flagship. Fun times ahead. . .

Dec 20, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #4,300 of 4,782
Hi everyone,

Any thoughts on a FAW cable for a Denon AH-D720? Hybrid HPC? HPC (copper)?
The AH-D7200 has a reported beautiful bass range. I wouldn't call myself a bass-head, but I love cellos and bass on classical music. Prog Rock is also on my playlists.

Thanks

Dec 20, 2022 at 8:31 PM Post #4,301 of 4,782
Hi everyone,

Any thoughts on a FAW cable for a Denon AH-D720? Hybrid HPC? HPC (copper)?
The AH-D7200 has a reported beautiful bass range. I wouldn't call myself a bass-head, but I love cellos and bass on classical music. Prog Rock is also on my playlists.

Thanks
I'm using the FAW Noir Hybrid with my D9200's, but I use to own the D7200's. I can say that everything sonicly has improved with this cable. From what I remember about the D7200's that they can benefit from an infusion of silver to tighten the bass up, clean up the midrange, and add some sparkle up top.

Dec 21, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #4,302 of 4,782
I'm using the FAW Noir Hybrid with my D9200's, but I use to own the D7200's. I can say that everything sonicly has improved with this cable. From what I remember about the D7200's that they can benefit from an infusion of silver to tighten the bass up, clean up the midrange, and add some sparkle up top.
Thanks @Slim1970

Dec 21, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #4,303 of 4,782
No problem, I'm using a a few FAW Noir Hybrid cables. I have them on my Hifiman HE-500's and HEKse's as well. The sound is stellar and the ergonomics is great. They are a bargain compared to some other cables on the market from a sonic standpoint.

Dec 21, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #4,304 of 4,782
My Forza balanced Utopia copper Litz cable arrived AND I LOVE IT!
The quality is very good, way better than the standard cable. I'm normally not a guy that rates the sound quality of cables but either the standard Utopia cable is garbage or the difference between the Ferrum's balanced and unbalanced output is so much bigger than i thought. Maybe i'm tripping but i hear an improvement. Either it's the cable, or the balanced output is WAY better for the Utopia, or my ears adjusted (doubt that).
Big thanks to the Forza guy! If i need another cable i'll order again from you. Only drawback: 19€ shipping? From Poland to Germany with this small form factor? Seriously? It arrived fast, but that's too much, sorry. DHL the other way is half (10,99€).
Overall i'm very happy though.

Dec 21, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #4,305 of 4,782
My Forza balanced Utopia copper Litz cable arrived AND I LOVE IT!
The quality is very good, way better than the standard cable. I'm normally not a guy that rates the sound quality of cables but either the standard Utopia cable is garbage or the difference between the Ferrum's balanced and unbalanced output is so much bigger than i thought. Maybe i'm tripping but i hear an improvement. Either it's the cable, or the balanced output is WAY better for the Utopia, or my ears adjusted (doubt that).
Big thanks to the Forza guy! If i need another cable i'll order again from you. Only drawback: 19€ shipping? From Poland to Germany with this small form factor? Seriously? It arrived fast, but that's too much, sorry. DHL the other way is half (10,99€).
Overall i'm very happy though.

How do you get access to such a good DHL rate as an individual? Where I'm at (very near you), it would cost me some 16€ with the slow post office. DHL last time I checked was upwards of 50€... I must be missing something. Do you go to dhl.de and order the label from there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back