Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Sep 11, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #3,016 of 4,764
My cable went missing in the post. Not great and no details of any tracking number etc.

Sep 11, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #3,019 of 4,764
4-6 weeks ago at least... Still no update.

Sep 11, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #3,021 of 4,764
Sounds like a solid plan to me :)

I'm up to speed with all orders, so any new one takes roughly 2-4 business days to be ready for shipping, granted I have all requested connectors at my workshop (in 95% of cases I do) :)

--

Enjoy your weekend, folks!

Hey, I've been in email correspondence trying to get images of the A2DC connectors, but still haven't seen anything.

Anyone else have pictures? I was considering getting a cable, but I want to see how they will fit on the ATH-WP900.

Kind of squeamish about buying a custom cable without seeing how it will look.

Sep 11, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #3,022 of 4,764
Think Matt shipping via UPS!?

Well i hope so, because then there should be tracking info. But Matt seems really busy and I am struggling to get a reply.

I have had a load of cables from him over the years, so I know this is a blip; but its a €400+ cable and I really hope it gets to me at some point.

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #3,024 of 4,764
I am on the same boat as you all. I was told my cable will be shipped Last wednesday. So far Ive heard nothing from Matt or FA. Being waiting eagerly for my cable.

Sep 12, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #3,025 of 4,764
I received my Claire Hybrid. The hype is real; exquisitely built, looks great, and sounds fantastic.

It is difficult to attribute all of the sonics to the Claire, because I also went from SE to XLR. But I hear a bit more clarity and detail, but with smoothness. It definitely didn't turn my Focal Elegia dark or soft, but from what I can tell, the additional clarity did not come at the expense of additional harshness.

FWIW, it took about 3 weeks door-to-door to California in the US, but about a week of that was due to me changing my mind and going from copper to hybrid Claire (which was very cool of Matt to allow). Worth the wait!

Sep 13, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #3,026 of 4,764
I received my Claire Hybrid. The hype is real; exquisitely built, looks great, and sounds fantastic.

It is difficult to attribute all of the sonics to the Claire, because I also went from SE to XLR. But I hear a bit more clarity and detail, but with smoothness. It definitely didn't turn my Focal Elegia dark or soft, but from what I can tell, the additional clarity did not come at the expense of additional harshness.

FWIW, it took about 3 weeks door-to-door to California in the US, but about a week of that was due to me changing my mind and going from copper to hybrid Claire (which was very cool of Matt to allow). Worth the wait!
At this stage of the game it’s not hype at all. Many of us have bought and loved Forza cables And there are plenty of reviews in this thread and others. For the money you get a helluva lot of cable...

Sep 14, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #3,027 of 4,764
Matt, you tell me 9/7/2020 Your cable will be made and will be shipped tomorrow or on Thursday. Do you ship the cable and can you tell me tracking number! Thanks
I received the exact same email on the same day as you and I didn't receive any shipping confirmation as expected. However, last night Matt sent me another email to say the sleeving for my cable had to be remade because of cosmetic defects, so my cable is now made and expected to be shipped today. Looking forward to it. :)

Sep 14, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #3,028 of 4,764
These issues are why I don't order all of my cables from FAW.
The cable for my LCD2 came really quickly, it took only 7 days, but what I've noticed here so far, I realy had some good luck :)
It's a shame, I love FAW Cable, the best will probably be to order, pay, and then just forget - the greater the joy when it is there.

But if someone is very impatient, like me, for example, then it is difficult. :ksc75smile:

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #3,029 of 4,764
Semi-crossed posted here.

I just received the Forza Claire Hybrid HPC with a Furutech 4.4mm termination and I'm very pleased to say it successfully fits the Audio Technica 2000Ti (!). This is the first after market cable I've received which actually fits the 2000Ti - i.e., actually clicks in place. Also fits WP900/AWKT/AWAS without issue.

The cable itself is typical Forza quality - top notch.The Claire Hybrid has been my default for many of the headphones I've owned; the quality is impeccable and the sound signature is supremely balanced with a refinement on all technical fronts. I have to say, I'm not sure which variant of the A2DC plugs Matt is using, but they're really nice. The Furutech termination was added expense, but one that I'm happy to pay. Quality is outstanding. Highly recommended.

Big thanks to @Matez as ever!

P1070342.jpgP1070348.jpg

P1070344.JPG

Sep 14, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #3,030 of 4,764
My cable went missing in the post. Not great and no details of any tracking number etc.

+

Well i hope so, because then there should be tracking info. But Matt seems really busy and I am struggling to get a reply.

I have had a load of cables from him over the years, so I know this is a blip; but its a €400+ cable and I really hope it gets to me at some point.

=

If I haven't replied you via mail yet, can you send me one with your order number please? I'll take a look into that and I'm sure we'll figure something out.

Matt, you tell me 9/7/2020 Your cable will be made and will be shipped tomorrow or on Thursday. Do you ship the cable and can you tell me tracking number! Thanks

Can you please also send me a mail with your order number?

Big thanks to @Matez as ever!

My pleasure, enjoy!

It's a shame, I love FAW Cable, the best will probably be to order, pay, and then just forget - the greater the joy when it is there.

About 95% of all orders ship quickly. It depends on whether I have all needed parts at my workshop, which I usually do. If there are any issues, most of them start when packages leave my door and are on their way to customers. From this point things are beyond my control. Just to have a bit more of it, I've been shipping goods via couriers exclusively for quite a wile now, but even then some parcels are lost in transit unfortunately. When this happens, I'm always around and doing my best to help and sort things out.

If there are any unanswered mails / PMs / lost packages / no tracking / other snafus, please shoot me a mail (or call me) and if you don't hear from me within two working days, please contact me again. I won't mind :)

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en

Users who are viewing this thread

Back