Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Sep 28, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #3,046 of 4,769
Matt @FAW is a superstar... My cable went missing in transit and he has managed to track it down, have it returned to him, he has checked it over and repackaged it and resent it to me...

Now that is dedication to his customers :D

FAW are always going to be at the top of my list for custom cables for my headphones :)

Thanks a lot for bringing this up here, really. I'm glad that I could help you out! Enjoy! :beerchug:

I've recently received my Noir Hybrid HPC cable terminated with the Sony 4.4mm TRRRS connector for my Sennheiser HD820's. The cables arrived exactly 2 weeks after ordering, which I don't think was too bad a waiting time - as mentioned in a previous post there was a small delay due to a cable sleeving issue when making the cable. The main reason for the purchase was to change to a shorter cable since the standard one is much longer than I need.

The first thing I noticed was that the cable was thinner and lighter than I was expecting, which is a pleasant surprise, since my previous Toxic Cables cable was thicker and heavier and so made it a bit more noticeable when wearing the headphones. The 4.4mm plug is also a bit harder to insert and pull out of the socket on the amp, when compared with other cables I have.

After listening to the standard cable for a few songs and then swapping over to the FAW cable to listen to the same songs again, I noticed the bass had a bit more 'slam' and some details were a bit more noticeable in certain songs, such as some background vocals or hi-hat. I also think the cable sounded a bit smoother than the stock cable, so in some songs where it was close to sounding bright, using the FAW cable calmed things down a little bit.

Overall I'm very happy with the cable and glad I purchased it.

DSC_0513_small.jpg

DSC_0514_small.jpg

Thanks, much appreciated. That Noir cable looks sick with your Seens. Can I share this pic on my FB wall please?

Reporting back my impressions, I bought this cable to pair my HD6XX with the iFi Zen Dac.

"Copper Series HPC Mk2 - Cable : Quad copper Litz UPOCC Cryo 7N wire, Headphones : Sennheiser HD580/HD600/HD650/HD6XX/HD58X, Insulation : Semi-transparent black, Length : 2 m, Plug : Sony 4.4mm TRRRS Balanced"

I have nothing to complain about, the cable is light and thin which I like, no issues and this setup is giving me more headroom from the iFi Zen Dac which is the main effect I wanted. Earlier I was thinking about getting the Zen Can but now I probably won't, I feel I have enough of headroom.

Soundwise (except from the increased headroom) it's more difficult to say but perhaps slightly more detailed/brighter and punchy right now but very tiny subtle differences. Also it's nice not having to use an adapter any longer for the SE cable included with the HD6XX.

Only negative thing would be price I guess (lots of money for a cable together with a budget amp/dac like the iFi Zen Dac) but in the same way you get quality from Forza Audio Works. All together maybe it saved me money since now I get more power from the iFi Zen Dac and not having to buy the Zen Can (or another amp).

(If I buy another amp then it's more of curiosity, fun trying gear but it's not necessary now I would say.)

And thanks to you too! If only I could sell my work for less, I would. In eight years since I've been around my prices went up just once, not by a lot and because of transitioning to a far better conductor material.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Sep 28, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #3,047 of 4,769
It is a luxury nowadays to meet someone who is passionate about his job and who pays extra care with customers.
I ordered a cable from Matt and he took time on the weekend to help me out. It was close to midnight on Sunday and we were discussion potential connectivity issues between amps. @Matez provided the most elegant solution to all my worries.

Similar to my Focal Aria adventure where I paid 1300 EUR on two cables for the speakers, I could not resist and purchased a cable for my Denon 9200 headphones. I have been listening for the past hour and I am pleasantly surprised. There is quite a noticeable difference between the OEM Denon cable and this one. The FORZA NOIR HPC MK2 cable is quite impressive.

Build Quality : 5/5
Length: 2m (ample for my needs).
Output : Balanced 2.5mm
Design: Quite funky I must admit.
Weight: Super Light and easy to arrange.
Audio Quality: If people can afford to purchase it, they will not regret it. My Denon headphones are giving me goose bumps for the second time. The first time when I connected them to NAD Hybrid DAC. They were so close to my Aria speakers I knew I made the right purchase. Connecting the Forza cable completely changed the Denon 9200 headphones. The soundstage and instrument placement seems to be optimised to accommodate the improvement in bass punch and frequency separation. These headphones showed me they have a higher level of quality with this cable. If with the stock cable it was an amazing headphone and could knock down players twice the price, now it is the best headphones I have ever heard. PERIOD.

Extra purchase

Length: 15cm or bigger than some bananas. Your choice of measurement units :)
Input: 2.5mm balanced
Output : 6.3mm Furutech
Design: Quite funky for the size.
Weight : Super light but the Furutech output is massive! Might be used as a self defence weapon *haha*.
Audio Quality : Negligible loss between input and output.

I can use this cable on my NAD!! Happy times!

On a closing note I'd like to thank Matt for his support, for murdering my credit card and for becoming my new cable guy!

Attachments

• Forza.jpg
    Forza.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Forza 2.jpg
    Forza 2.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • Forza 3.jpg
    Forza 3.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Sep 30, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #3,048 of 4,769
Thanks, much appreciated. That Noir cable looks sick with your Seens. Can I share this pic on my FB wall please?
Hi Matt, of course, please feel free to share the pics on Facebook. :)

Sep 30, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #3,049 of 4,769
Another happy customer here! Ordered a Noir Hybrid HPC for my Stellias to replace the balanced stock cable which I’ve been using since purchasing a Manley headamp. Had a reply the same day (Sunday) confirming that it would be made the following Friday. In fact Matt informed me later that it would be despatched on the Thursday and was delivered by UPS yesterday. Excellent service.
These cables are clearly a labour of love and manufactured to the highest standards - easily on a par with the big names in audio and very professional looking. Sound wise there is a sense of immediacy and space that leaves the stock cable in the dust. No hint of grain or hardness and bettering my Neotech silver cable that I used to use single ended and which is now redundant.
I’ll be back when I’ve decided on another pair of cans to contrast with the Focals and make use of the single ended output.

Sep 30, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #3,050 of 4,769
Well my Noir Hybrid HPC arrived back to me after travelling around the UPS network looking for its home... Matt tracked it down for me, had it returned to him and checked it over, before despatching it again. All went according to plan this time and its now attached to my Focal Stellia's and sits alongside its brother/sister cable that is attached to my HEKSE.

Sounds great already, but then it was a re-terminated cable :dt880smile:. Its much better suited to the Stellia's than the solid silver cable i have. Great job Matt :thumbsup:

20200930_133657.jpg

@Matez fine to use photo if you want

Sep 30, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #3,052 of 4,769
On a closing note I'd like to thank Matt for his support, for murdering my credit card and for becoming my new cable guy!

Well, you know me, kicking folks into debit is my job :)

Hi Matt, of course, please feel free to share the pics on Facebook. :)

Many thanks, it's already in my FB schedule... :D

Sounds great already, but then it was a re-terminated cable :dt880smile:. Its much better suited to the Stellia's than the solid silver cable i have. Great job Matt :thumbsup:

Thank you as well. Lemme ask you: if you now had to pick now just one set of cans, which one would you keep :) ? No tricks, just honest curiosity :)

What a beauty :)

I agree, those are fine cans :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 30, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #3,053 of 4,769
@Matez It would have to be the HEKSE... Definitely better imho

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #3,054 of 4,769
@Matez It would have to be the HEKSE... Definitely better imho

Thanks, understood. Most likely I'd go for HiFiMans too. Nothing against Focals, but I'm a fan of what HiFiMan does.

Oct 5, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #3,055 of 4,769
Another happy customer here! Ordered a Noir Hybrid HPC for my Stellias to replace the balanced stock cable which I’ve been using since purchasing a Manley headamp. Had a reply the same day (Sunday) confirming that it would be made the following Friday. In fact Matt informed me later that it would be despatched on the Thursday and was delivered by UPS yesterday. Excellent service.
These cables are clearly a labour of love and manufactured to the highest standards - easily on a par with the big names in audio and very professional looking. Sound wise there is a sense of immediacy and space that leaves the stock cable in the dust. No hint of grain or hardness and bettering my Neotech silver cable that I used to use single ended and which is now redundant.

It is always great to read such comments at the end of the busy day. Simply enjoy and burn my babies in - it will get even better! :)

Last edited:

Oct 7, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #3,057 of 4,769
FAW Noir HPC with the HE-1000SE on the V590 Pro. Bass foundation of the V590 clearly supportive of the HE-1000SE's technical excellence. Slight warmth counters the upper treble character and general flow, engagement factor makes any hints of dryness absent.

Will need another Noir for my HE-6. :[]

11294899.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #3,058 of 4,769
FAW Noir HPC with the HE-1000SE on the V590 Pro. Bass foundation of the V590 clearly supportive of the HE-1000SE's technical excellence. Slight warmth counters the upper treble character and general flow, engagement factor makes any hints of dryness absent.

Will need another Noir for my HE-6. :[]

11294899.jpg

Thanks a lot! Can I use your post on my FB please :) ? Would be a nice thing to put in there before weekend :D

Oct 9, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #3,059 of 4,769
of course!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back