Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Oct 28, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #3,076 of 4,760
Looking forward to.
Hopefully we'll meet there. :)

As of now the Munich event is scheduled to launch in May 2021, but it remains to be seen whether it will really take place. These pandemic times are quite difficult for us all.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Oct 29, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #3,077 of 4,760
I have two Noir cables on the way. Been a few years since I ordered from Forza so I'm very excited to get these. They arrive the day I leave for a work trip, so it's going to suck to wait, but oh well.

I bought 1.5m Noir cables with 4.4mm output for my Meze 99 Classics and my LCD-2 for use with my Fiio M11 Pro. The M11 Pro sounds fantastic with the Meze 99 in single ended, but there's actually definitely room for a lot more power for them. Super excited to try my LCD-2 with the M11 Pro and see what it can do in balanced mode to power them. I went with Noir cables instead of the Hybrid because I'm pretty prone to tinnitus and sensitivity to high frequencies, so I don't really want any more shine or brightness added to my headphones. I listen to mostly metal anyway and it's not like I need to hear a bunch of highs in that music!

Very glad to see that Forza is still around and doing well.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #3,078 of 4,760
I went with Noir cables instead of the Hybrid because I'm pretty prone to tinnitus and sensitivity to high frequencies, so I don't really want any more shine or brightness added to my headphones.

Considering music you listen to, that was a good choice :)

Very glad to see that Forza is still around and doing well.

Thanks, I'm still around and not going anywhere. Hopefully the ongoing pandemic stuff won't affect this :)

They arrive the day I leave for a work trip, so it's going to suck to wait, but oh well.

Ouch! But at least you'll have something cool once you return home :D

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 29, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #3,080 of 4,760
@Matez Any news on when your rumoured new stuff will be coming out, or even announced?

You can never have too many decent cables to use :dt880smile:

Oct 31, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #3,081 of 4,760
Hi Matt,
Sent you an email about plugs, connectors and adapters.
Thanks

I'll get back to you shortly.

@Matez Any news on when your rumoured new stuff will be coming out, or even announced?

You can never have too many decent cables to use :dt880smile:

Soon(ish). The critical component, that would be a conductor material, I already have. Once everything's into motion, I'll let everyone know. And having said that, I'd like to have something concrete announced by the end of this year. Several small things are holding me back, but I have to take them into account nonetheless.

Oct 31, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #3,082 of 4,760
Soon(ish). The critical component, that would be a conductor material, I already have. Once everything's into motion, I'll let everyone know. And having said that, I'd like to have something concrete announced by the end of this year. Several small things are holding me back, but I have to take them into account nonetheless.

Not 100% sure what it will be, but I am 100% sure i will be needing it :)

Nov 2, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #3,085 of 4,760
Do the Mk2 and Hybrid models of each cable series look the same as each other?
No, but it depends on the material used.
Despite Noir, you can see the separate silver and copper strains on the hybrides.
So they look different. :)

Nov 2, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #3,086 of 4,760
No, but it depends on the material used.
Despite Noir, you can see the separate silver and copper strains on the hybrides.
So they look different. :)
Ah, so that makes sense that the wires for the 2 models are visibly different for the Copper and Claire, but you can't see that with the Noir, right? Is there any difference between the models for that?

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #3,087 of 4,760
Yes, the Noir has a black sleeve over each "double strained" wire.
What difference are you seeking for?

In regard of altering the sound?
Tough question.

Imo, the change in sound comes from the lower resistance and capacity rather than copper or silver used.
It's hard to get what does the change.
Mostly its our brain playing trick on us with the different colors and expectations, i guess. ^^

But i haven't heard all FAW cables with my gear and headphone(s), so i can't make a serious point on that behavior.

Will my R-28 alter in sound presentation if i paint it silver? :smile:
Maybe, maybe not.
Don't know it for sure. ^^

Nov 2, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #3,088 of 4,760
Yes, the Noir has a black sleeve over each "double strained" wire.
What difference are you seeking for?

In regard of altering the sound?
Tough question.

Imo, the change in sound comes from the lower resistance and capacity rather than copper or silver used.
It's hard to get what does the change.
Mostly its our brain playing trick on us with the different colors and expectations, i guess. ^^

But i haven't heard all FAW cables with my gear and headphone(s), so i can't make a serious point on that behavior.

Will my R-28 alter in sound presentation if i paint it silver? :smile:
Maybe, maybe not.
Don't know it for sure. ^^
I was just wondering about the appearance. I wanted to know if the Noir Mk2 and Noir Hybrid look the same as each other.

Nov 2, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #3,089 of 4,760
I was just wondering about the appearance. I wanted to know if the Noir Mk2 and Noir Hybrid look the same as each other.
Ah, ok. ^^
Sorry, misread your question.

The Noir is the most flexible and "comfortable" cable of the line.
The braiding makes it flow like a river on your chest. :)

Nov 3, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #3,090 of 4,760
Hi,
it's my turn to receive my Noir HPC Mk2 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
barely received and already connected to my Magister connected to the A&K SA700 .....
What a joy ... a deep immersion makes me rediscover the power of bass impacts....
I'm starting to appreciate the delicate touching of the rest of the soundstage ...
Obviously, the quality of manufacture as well as the exchanges with Matt are just GREAT
I still have a lot of time in front of me to continue to appreciate it

Good and long health to Forza AudioWorks :clap:

@Matt : Hi Matt, it's Pascal (from France) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back