Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Mar 17, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #2,746 of 4,764
I can't argue as I am not aware of everyone's story.
Just my experience.
Five cables and adapters delivered on time and perfect condition.
And sure I am not a fan boy.
As for people complaining on a forum my opinion is the other way.
Usually only people with complains start arguing their problem on a public forum.
There are way lot more happy customers who don't even bother to express how happy they are.

Mar 17, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #2,747 of 4,764
From a objective point i'm with you.
It'll never happen that an unsatisfied customer will come back.

But from a subjective point, i don't like the JIT-mentality when it comes to personel satisfaction.
Good things are worth to be patient for, imo.

Sure, it's sad to not get a response in reasonable time, but one has to keep in mind with what company someone's dealing.
I, for me, rather could be patient by knowlegde to deal with a very small company.

But hey, that's me. It doesn't reflect the holy crowd. ^^

Sure, but the complaints are not only or even mostly about long waiting times. They're about lack of communication, broken promises, etc.

Mar 17, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #2,748 of 4,764
I was in the camp of people who had to wait through long delays, broken promises, and lack of communication. I feel the cable I got is overpriced and I will not buy from that shop again. The cable is fine, just not worth the price or delays or the other annoyances that came with it.
Well, I think its good that people report thier experiences, good and bad, so other folks have a good feel of what to expect. Obviously there are a lot of happy customers, and some folks that didn't have a great experience. Potential buyers end up being able to make an informed decision.

It's 8 days with no reply for me, so I'm looking at other options now. There is a lot going on in the world right now, so I'm certainly not upset. Fortunately I am happy with the sound of my setup. Improving the sound a bit would just be icing on the cake. I hope Matt and his family are well, and that he's just busy with cable-making. :beerchug:

Mar 18, 2020 at 5:55 AM Post #2,750 of 4,764
I have only experience from 2 different custom cable maker. The other one has a bit cheaper cables and faster response times but my next cable will be FAW cable. The quality is just next level.

Matt might be too busy with the work and has slow response times but once he responded, the conversation was great and one of the most personal I have had as a customer.

As an entrepreneur and a father of a young child he has my full respect on what he is doing.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #2,752 of 4,764
Thanks so much Matt and Forza guys!

Sure, my pleasure! Can I use your photo on my FB page?

Better is not "better" always.

Agreed, at least that's what I thought until recently. But I've been working on something that actually can always improve SQ in a big way. Of course assuming that one colouration in a setup doesn't have to be covered by another in a cable, that's a different story.

Can't say what this special project is just yet, but I'm getting there one small step at a time....

There are way lot more happy customers who don't even bother to express how happy they are.

So very true. I've been getting a lot of good feedback via mail only and it's been like that ever since I started. Nonetheless, every voice counts to me, both good or bad.

I agree.

Communication with Matt (and Trevor from USA) is always a joy.

Very personal.

Thanks. Goods I've been doing are made to order, hence personal, which is fitting to act accordingly :)

The quality is just next level.

Thank you!

In a last communication with Matt , he told me that packages are at post but they not shipping anything abroad.

Sadly that's the case. Polish Postal service stopped sending packages to and from other countries, which is beyond my control

That's also the reason why I turned off this service at my shop for time being. Couriers operate as usual, though.

As an entrepreneur and a father of a young child he has my full respect on what he is doing.
You have my sincere thanks! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Mar 18, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #2,753 of 4,764
Sure, my pleasure! Can I use your photo on my FB page?

Agreed, at least that's what I thought until recently. But I've been working on something that actually can always improve SQ in a big way. Of course assuming that one colouration in a setup doesn't have to be covered by another in a cable, that's a different story.

Can't say what this special project is just yet, but I'm getting there one small step at a time....
Wow, I am intrigued and can't wait to hear about what you have been working on.

Mar 18, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #2,754 of 4,764
This is a terrific thread pointing out the good and bad points about getting a Forza cable. It looks like Matthew makes some great cables, but the customers have to have a lot of patience since its a small (3 person) shop. This thread has been great about highlighting the trade-offs. I have a friend that makes custom hifi gear so I understand the challenges in wanting to make all the equipment, and take the time to answer emails correctly. It's hard to let anything go to the other employees.

I emailed Matthew 3 days ago asking for guidance about which cable I should get for my set up. I didn't get a reply yet. Going into this, I didn't expect a 24 hour turn around, like with most online businesses, but I figured a 2 day turn around would be reasonable. At 3+ days, I am beginning to wonder. While I'd like a new headphone cable, I don't want the process to drag on for the next month. I have a lot of other stuff going on. I think I will look elsewhere for a cable.

But, kudos to those that had the patience and time to get a great cable. And thanks to those that posted their experiences with Forza, good bad, and mixed. While it may sounds like I'm knocking Forza, I'm not (ok just a tiny bit). I think its great that Forza takes the time to make great cables. I just choose not to invest the time to go through the process. I know, first world problem. LOL

All good! First of all, many thanks for taking my products into consideration. I'm aware that faster reply times would be beneficial for us all. As an owner of a small workshop, I've been pretty much swamped by orders for several years now. My staff increased, so some measures were taken to address more work and optimize my operation's action. Still, large chunk of the assembly process, final QC, a ton of paper work and replies to all mails are on my shoulders as they have to. That's the reason why at times it takes a bit longer to write back to people who contact me.

I'm far from making excuses, of course as a customer I like fast replies as well, I fully understand your point of view. That's why I didn't take your post as an attempt to bash me and you have my thanks for expressing your concerns in truly civilized way. All good!

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Mar 21, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #2,755 of 4,764
I summarize my experience with the third cable ordered on FAW. My headphones are an ultrasound edition 5 limited. after so much wandering in the headphones, I decided considering various factors that my definitive dynamic was the ultrasone.I therefore ordered a claire ended with jack furutech. I tried the combination with the music I knew best and I was quite satisfied with the result. the headphones became even more revealing and increased the resolution of the low frequencies without being invasive at the expense of the other frequencies. after a week, however, an mmcx connector breaks. I write to Matt and he promptly tells me to send him the cable for repair and so I did. a day or two later, not very satisfied with the tightness of the mmcx connectors on a normal headphones (different speech for the iem) I ask Matt if the hardwiring of the headphones was possible. Matt replies to send the headphones to see and then he will tell me. He also tells me that the operation generally costs around € 70-80. After some time Matt starts the surgical operation on my cap.This week I finally got back my headphones hardwired. my impressions are confirmed. that is, the headphones that are extremely linear now sound more defined and with greater detail and resolution. obviously they are small increments which, however, make the sound more enjoyable. but the purpose of this post is not to talk about the headset but about FAW. Matt sent my headphones back and he still didn't ask me, for now, anything. It is true that Matt's response times are many times long but, up to now, he has always been a punctual and correct person. this latest experience confirms what has been said. apart from the fact that, to date, no one had treated me so well, not even sellers to whom I had made multiple orders. therefore I feel the need to praise FAW.
So @Matez really thanks for all
20200319_190820.jpg20200319_190826.jpg

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #2,757 of 4,764
I will add my experience to the positive side of the discussion.

A couple of months ago I contemplated new cables for a Beyerdynamic T5p v2 driven with iBasso dx220 or Chord Mojo. After having read positive reviews with reasonable wait times, I contacted Forza for recommendations. After a bit, Matt replied, recommending the Noir Hybrid. The conversations went very smoothly with Matt answering all my questions quickly. The cable arrived within the anticipated wait time, well packaged and best of all, a beautiful cable which is a joy to the eye and to the touch. The cable is soft and does not kink. No microphonics.

There was a very noticeable difference in sound between the stock cable and the Forza. Night and day, literally. I won't pretend to be a reviewer with a detailed comparison. I can just say this cable pleases me every day. It is transparent, in use and in sound. Just exactly what you hope for. It is not bulky, it has not interaction with your clothes, it brings out the best of the headphones. A winner in every respect.

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #2,758 of 4,764
Hi All, sure this is asked and answered but after spending some time reading I didn't get what I am looking for.
Want to replace my MrSpeakers Ether Flow Open stock cables with new ones, more flexible and better SQ/musicality/soundstage/etc.
To pair with Chord Mojo, 3.5mm jack and to listen to classic and progressive rock, and jazz, but most of them guitar-based
Forza AudioWorks seems to be what I am looking for (sent mail to Matez) but I don't
  1. Hybrid options (Claire 189€ to Noir 249€) is worth over Cooper (Claire 149€ to Noir 194€)
  2. What Noir adds to Claire in both cooper and hybrid
  3. Looking at the price range and without taking in account answers of (1) and (2) the rational selection should be between Claire Hybrid (189€) and Noir HPC (194€) - does this make sense?
Thanks in advance and apologize if repeated

Mar 28, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #2,759 of 4,764
My brand new Audeze LCD-X should be arriving tomorrow and I've been on the hunt for a balanced 4.4mm cable to go with my Fiio M11. Been reading a lot about Forza now but still can't seem to make up my mind if the Noir Hybrid HPC will be the right choice. Having read lots of feedback comparing the Moon Audio Silver and Black cables, I worry a bit about making the wrong decision. Moon Audio is too expensive for me and I really do prefer the looks of the Forza cables. Does anybody have any experience with both the Noir Hybrid HPC and Noir HPC Mk2 on a pair of the LCD-Xs??? I'm leaning towards the Noir Hybrid.

Mar 28, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #2,760 of 4,764
Hi All, sure this is asked and answered but after spending some time reading I didn't get what I am looking for.
Want to replace my MrSpeakers Ether Flow Open stock cables with new ones, more flexible and better SQ/musicality/soundstage/etc.
To pair with Chord Mojo, 3.5mm jack and to listen to classic and progressive rock, and jazz, but most of them guitar-based
Forza AudioWorks seems to be what I am looking for (sent mail to Matez) but I don't
  1. Hybrid options (Claire 189€ to Noir 249€) is worth over Cooper (Claire 149€ to Noir 194€)
  2. What Noir adds to Claire in both cooper and hybrid
  3. Looking at the price range and without taking in account answers of (1) and (2) the rational selection should be between Claire Hybrid (189€) and Noir HPC (194€) - does this make sense?
Thanks in advance and apologize if repeated

If you can justify the difference for yourself, going with the Noir Hybrid would be the best decision. :wink:
The Noir Hybrid is the most flexible one bc of its kimber braiding style.

Or you could ask @Matez about a Claire Hybrid with the same braiding. :)

20200328_210455.jpg

Claire Hybrid HPC with 3d braiding semi transparent black and Noir Hybrid HPC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back