Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Mar 9, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #2,731 of 4,764
About time and burn in...

Oh joy!
I just got my cable back from repair (I managed to break the 2.5 pin...) and since mine is already burned, I put it on,
and immediately feel the miles and miles difference!

Enlight16.JPG

Thanks so much Matt and Forza guys!

P.S. Matt is still refusing to answer my emails about paying for the repair....

Mar 12, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #2,733 of 4,764
Hi
I have just received the Noir hybrid HPC
And I’m not to impressed I have the Meze empyrean and Hugo 2.
I suppose my question is do these cables need burn in ?
It’s sounds congested mid bass is slightly lacking and sub bass.
my previous cable is Hybrid series HPC the entry level cable and it sounds better to me
I am disappointed because the cables are none returnable.
I hope it needs burning in but I am sceptical.
It's always matter of entire set up with these. Better is not "better" always. Compatibilty is what counts. And personal preferences.
With my set up Noir Hybrid HPC is clearly better than Copper series HPC mk2 tough.

Mar 12, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #2,734 of 4,764
This is a terrific thread pointing out the good and bad points about getting a Forza cable. It looks like Matthew makes some great cables, but the customers have to have a lot of patience since its a small (3 person) shop. This thread has been great about highlighting the trade-offs. I have a friend that makes custom hifi gear so I understand the challenges in wanting to make all the equipment, and take the time to answer emails correctly. It's hard to let anything go to the other employees.

I emailed Matthew 3 days ago asking for guidance about which cable I should get for my set up. I didn't get a reply yet. Going into this, I didn't expect a 24 hour turn around, like with most online businesses, but I figured a 2 day turn around would be reasonable. At 3+ days, I am beginning to wonder. While I'd like a new headphone cable, I don't want the process to drag on for the next month. I have a lot of other stuff going on. I think I will look elsewhere for a cable.

But, kudos to those that had the patience and time to get a great cable. And thanks to those that posted their experiences with Forza, good bad, and mixed. While it may sounds like I'm knocking Forza, I'm not (ok just a tiny bit). I think its great that Forza takes the time to make great cables. I just choose not to invest the time to go through the process. I know, first world problem. LOL

And yes, I did check my SPAM folder...

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #2,735 of 4,764
@darmccombs I made my FAW purchases on three different dates in the past two years. My patience was not tested in the least. My last order, for four cables, was done in record time and received before Christmas in a busy period. So I am just saying, it's often wrong to generalize one's own experience. Personally, I would advise just sending a second e-mail. But I can also understand that for an American used to 24/7 service this is quite different.

Mar 12, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #2,736 of 4,764
@darmccombs I made my FAW purchases on three different dates in the past two years. My patience was not tested in the least. My last order, for four cables, was done in record time and received before Christmas in a busy period. So I am just saying, it's often wrong to generalize one's own experience. Personally, I would advise just sending a second e-mail. But I can also understand that for an American used to 24/7 service this is quite different.
I don't think I generalized my own experience. I clearly acknowledged that others have have good experiences, and some mixed. And, I think I laid out that I didn't expect 24/7 service. You suggested hat I wait and send off a 2nd email just to get a response to my first one. I think you are making my point...

While some have the time and patience to chase things down, I choose not to. And I think its great that others have more patience and time. It sounds like they will be rewarded with a terrific cable at a fair price.

Mar 12, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #2,737 of 4,764
I have had a number of FAW cables for iems and for my HE1000V2. Just upgraded to the HE1000SE so needed to order a new cable. About 2hrs later I ordered a cable for my sons Focal Elegia’s.

I know Mateus will do a fantastic job for me and I am really not in a rush. Heck the lead time on my new DAC is 6 weeks...

A few years back I sold a FAW cable as I upgraded and the person who bought it asked me to contact him first if I ever sold another one.

Mar 17, 2020 at 3:29 AM Post #2,739 of 4,764
I don't think I generalized my own experience. I clearly acknowledged that others have have good experiences, and some mixed. And, I think I laid out that I didn't expect 24/7 service. You suggested hat I wait and send off a 2nd email just to get a response to my first one. I think you are making my point...

While some have the time and patience to chase things down, I choose not to. And I think its great that others have more patience and time. It sounds like they will be rewarded with a terrific cable at a fair price.

I was in the camp of people who had to wait through long delays, broken promises, and lack of communication. I feel the cable I got is overpriced and I will not buy from that shop again. The cable is fine, just not worth the price or delays or the other annoyances that came with it.

Mar 17, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #2,740 of 4,764
I was in the camp of people who had to wait through long delays, broken promises, and lack of communication. I feel the cable I got is overpriced and I will not buy from that shop again. The cable is fine, just not worth the price or delays or the other annoyances that came with it.
What are you recommendations? :wink:
If you don't want to leave a comment in this thread, shot me a pm, pls.

Mar 17, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #2,741 of 4,764
Mar 17, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #2,742 of 4,764
My experience is just the opposite.
This is my fifth FAW I think (I have lost count) and waiting time as delivery were good.
Communication is a little bit on the long time but Matt always responds and issues get resolved.
Keep in mind that this are hand made build to order cables by a handful of people so we must be a little patient.
I remember that the waiting time for the late now owner of toxic cables was more than six months.

Mar 17, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #2,744 of 4,764
My experience is just the opposite.
This is my fifth FAW I think (I have lost count) and waiting time as delivery were good.
Communication is a little bit on the long time but Matt always responds and issues get resolved.
Keep in mind that this are hand made build to order cables by a handful of people so we must be a little patient.
I remember that the waiting time for the late now owner of toxic cables was more than six months.

Yeah you know? That really doesn't matter. At all.

The question is not whether sometimes or even most of the time things turn out ok. It's when they don't turn out ok and how they handle it that matters.

All the fanbois in the world are not enough to deflect one legimitate issue that was mishandled. When a single customer goes away unhappy that is a FAIL. Sure, sometimes the customer is unreasonable. In this thread there are a lot of posts by unhappy people. Along with my experience, I conclude there is a problem.

A lot of years in tech support taught me for every guy who complains there is a magnitude more of other unhappy customers you never hear back from. It's good business not to screw up. It's even better business to make sure you fix your screwups so that nobody goes away mad.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #2,745 of 4,764
Yeah you know? That really doesn't matter. At all.

The question is not whether sometimes or even most of the time things turn out ok. It's when they don't turn out ok and how they handle it that matters.

All the fanbois in the world are not enough to deflect one legimitate issue that was mishandled. When a single customer goes away unhappy that is a FAIL. Sure, sometimes the customer is unreasonable. In this thread there are a lot of posts by unhappy people. Along with my experience, I conclude there is a problem.

A lot of years in tech support taught me for every guy who complains there is a magnitude more of other unhappy customers you never hear back from. It's good business not to screw up. It's even better business to make sure you fix your screwups so that nobody goes away mad.
From a objective point i'm with you.
It'll never happen that an unsatisfied customer will come back.

But from a subjective point, i don't like the JIT-mentality when it comes to personel satisfaction.
Good things are worth to be patient for, imo.

Sure, it's sad to not get a response in reasonable time, but one has to keep in mind with what company someone's dealing.
I, for me, rather could be patient by knowlegde to deal with a very small company.

But hey, that's me. It doesn't reflect the holy crowd. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back