Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Jan 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #556 of 4,764
  Maybe a partner to handle "Admin" stuff like daily correspondence with current and potential customers is in Forza's futue. (Would go a mile towards a better "purchase experience" in my opinion.)  But in the mean-time, I am now the happy owner of a GORGEOUS hand-made Interconnect Cable that allows me to connect my components with great sound and without looking like a bit of "Do-it-yourself" kit.

That's all I was trying to say... I am not "whining", but Forza will need to change something, if they expect to stay in business or grow beyond repeat customers.

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #557 of 4,764
Hi

Just an update. Matthew has got back to me and I am looking forward to receiving my slightly modified FAW Copper Series Twin USB in a week or so. I'm having the type B connector replaced with a female type A to fit my iFI Audio Micro iDSD.

I'm also getting a replacement cable for my Sennheiser HD650's I've recently bought. Matthew recommended either the Noir Hybrid HPC or the Claire Hybrid HPC. 

Regards

Darren

Jan 2, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #558 of 4,764

To complain about an order made the day before Christmas Eve is incredibly selfish.  I agree that communication can be improved but to expect instant responses to all your queries during a time of year when family is supposed to come first is not only unrealistic, but rude.

Maybe I'm just more patient than most.

Telling someone that they're selfish, unrealistic, and rude isn't exactly helpful, either.

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #559 of 4,764
I apologize for delayed responses and orders before Xmas - it is just the hotest time of the year and it would be impossible to handle every single order on time even with few more people working. Especially here in Poland where I think we have extraordinary high number of work-free days during the Xmas season.

New Year is a time for changes for us too and one more person in FAW staff - it will change work distribution dramatically, improve the leadtimes to I hope around few to several days in next few weeks. At this moment all the orders up to 15th of Dec with few exceptions are shipped and all the Dec orders will be shipped till the end of next week.

With the changes, this year the quality of the products will go in par with whole FAW experience 
wink.gif

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jan 9, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #561 of 4,764
  I apologize for delayed responses and orders before Xmas - it is just the hotest time of the year and it would be impossible to handle every single order on time even with few more people working. Especially here in Poland where I think we have extraordinary high number of work-free days during the Xmas season.

New Year is a time for changes for us too and one more person in FAW staff - it will change work distribution dramatically, improve the leadtimes to I hope around few to several days in next few weeks. At this moment all the orders up to 15th of Dec with few exceptions are shipped and all the Dec orders will be shipped till the end of next week.

With the changes, this year the quality of the products will go in par with whole FAW experience 
wink.gif

Fantastic news! Looking forward to a great 2015.

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #563 of 4,764
Great to hear you're back in full flow, Matez!
cool.gif

Would you be so kind to inform me if my order of December 6th (#000804) has been shipped? 

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #565 of 4,764
I already contacted you via your website on December 30th. As I haven't received any reply yet I thought this was the best place to reach you.
tongue.gif

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #566 of 4,764
Just received my grey Color Series HPC cable for my hd800 last evening.
The packaging, linen bag, business card and warranty card inside an envelope is simply 10/10, and the cable itself looks great :)

It's sleek, feels sturdy and doesn't really add any unwanted weight to the headphones like the stock cable did.
The nylon multifilament seems to prevent it from flexing too much, but not to the extent that it bothers me in any way.
hd800 plugs are even pretty well aligned with the socket of the headphones so that the cables don't brush up on each other or tangle after exiting the splitter.

As for the sound I'm uncertain if there is any difference between the Color Series HPC and the original cable and I'm unable to test properly as the stock cable has a short on the left channel
(the stock hd800 cable looks more solid than it really is, and the rubber started tearing under the leftside termination plug after 2 years of everyday use).

I can only say that the Forza AudioWorks Color Series HPC sounds awesome, and I've been listening to music nearly non stop all day.

Can absolutely recommend to others looking for a higher end alternative to stock cables for their headphones after seeing their craftsmanship firsthand.
I will most definitely order from Forza AudioWorks again if I need cables or recabling services in the future. 

Jan 12, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #567 of 4,764
  Just received my grey Color Series HPC cable for my hd800 last evening.
The packaging, linen bag, business card and warranty card inside an envelope is simply 10/10, and the cable itself looks great :)

It's sleek, feels sturdy and doesn't really add any unwanted weight to the headphones like the stock cable did.
The nylon multifilament seems to prevent it from flexing too much, but not to the extent that it bothers me in any way.
hd800 plugs are even pretty well aligned with the socket of the headphones so that the cables don't brush up on each other or tangle after exiting the splitter.

As for the sound I'm uncertain if there is any difference between the Color Series HPC and the original cable and I'm unable to test properly as the stock cable has a short on the left channel
(the stock hd800 cable looks more solid than it really is, and the rubber started tearing under the leftside termination plug after 2 years of everyday use).

I can only say that the Forza AudioWorks Color Series HPC sounds awesome, and I've been listening to music nearly non stop all day.

Can absolutely recommend to others looking for a higher end alternative to stock cables for their headphones after seeing their craftsmanship firsthand.
I will most definitely order from Forza AudioWorks again if I need cables or recabling services in the future. 

Can you please post some pictures - I am considering this exact cable for my HD800 . . . . 

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #568 of 4,764
I loaned Hybrid and Cooper series IEM cables from Matthew to test them with Harmony 8 Pro. Below you can find my brief impressions.

First of all please note that the below are my subjective impressions and you may hear everything differently. Secondly, I tested the cables with dx100 via HO and dx100 via LO to my DIY amp. Thirdly, differences between the cables are not night and day, they are rather subtle. 
biggrin.gif

Ok, straight to the point:

- Cooper gave more warmth and blacker background;

- at the same time suprisingly Cooper did not smoth out treble much; Hybrid gave more smoother treble; but both of them did not impact much Harmony 8 pro's treble;

- Hybrid gave more clarity and air;

- Cooper gave more intimate soundstage, but at the same time I had the impression that it was more expansive (but I'm not 100% sure about this);

- Hybrid gave a tad more bass impact i.e. bass hits harder and is tighter (but this does not mean that there is no rumble, IMO there is everything but the bass is focused more on the impact than on the rumble and reverbancy), whereas Cooper presented bass in a tad slower and more reverbant way (although this does not mean that bass with the Cooper was light and did not have impact).

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #569 of 4,764
  I loaned Hybrid and Cooper series IEM cables from Matthew to test them with Harmony 8 Pro. Below you can find my brief impressions.

First of all please note that the below are my subjective impressions and you may hear everything differently. Secondly, I tested the cables with dx100 via HO and dx100 via LO to my DIY amp. Thirdly, differences between the cables are not night and day, they are rather subtle. 
biggrin.gif

Ok, straight to the point:

- Cooper gave more warmth and blacker background;

- at the same time suprisingly Cooper did not smoth out treble much; Hybrid gave more smoother treble; but both of them did not impact much Harmony 8 pro's treble;

- Hybrid gave more clarity and air;

- Cooper gave more intimate soundstage, but at the same time I had the impression that it was more expansive (but I'm not 100% sure about this);

- Hybrid gave a tad more bass impact i.e. bass hits harder and is tighter (but this does not mean that there is no rumble, IMO there is everything but the bass is focused more on the impact than on the rumble and reverbancy), whereas Cooper presented bass in a tad slower and more reverbant way (although this does not mean that bass with the Cooper was light and did not have impact).

Nice impressions Chris, thanks. 

How are they with SE5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back