Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
May 22, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #736 of 4,769
just ordered the below cable to replace the stock one of my Philips X2

http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=34

i hope it's worth it :)

That is one cheap cable! In a positive way, of course. I'm surprised a hand made cable is that cheap. For that price, I imagine it will be hard for it not to be worth it.

1 month and still waiting for mine to arrive. I'm in Aus, so I thought it would have taken the same amount of time to arrive here as it would to the US. I'll give it until mid next week and then I shall enquire into the status.

May 25, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #737 of 4,769
It's been a one month wait for me too. Apparently my cable is on the way - I got tracking information from Matthew, but the tracking was only good till the shipment left Poland. Now i'm in the dark as to where it is or how much longer it'll take. It shipped out 6 days ago (after Matthew said it would ship out 3 weeks ago)... I'm not terribly worried right now, but might be a bit concerned if I don't receive it by end of this week. 

I will say one thing (just need to vent for a minute). I have no doubt this cable will be excellent. Everything I've read about these cables is that they're fantastic. But holy-smokes has communication on my order been lack luster. I mean, look... I get it. These are awesome cables at a very fair price... In order to achieve that price point I'm sure some concessions need to be made from a business perspective. But it doesn't leave me feeling all that great. A heads up in the very beginning of the order process of how long this might've taken is all I needed. Instead I got a 3 week delay on my shipment without nary a response or heads up on the delay. :-\

All this, and I'm sure in a week I'll be posting about how much I love my cable. :wink: 

May 25, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #738 of 4,769
I am sorry to hear that Eric. Last couple of days we were finishing some massive batch of cables for wholesalers and the response times for emails wasn't good, but lead times for the orders are between 7-10 business days for standards orders (they can be little longer for some, which need some particular parts). All email will be responded today and if any of you guys have any questions just let me know :)

Eric, keep me informed if you get the cable this week, if not send me email and I will sort it out.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
May 25, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #739 of 4,769
I've sent an email yesterday asking for status of my order (paid one month ago.)

May 25, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #740 of 4,769

Hi Matthew,
Thanks for getting back to me - much appreciated. I'll keep you posted regarding the shipment.

May 25, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #741 of 4,769
I am sorry to hear that Eric. Last couple of days we were finishing some massive batch of cables for wholesalers and the response times for emails wasn't good, but lead times for the orders are between 7-10 business days for standards orders (they can be little longer for some, which need some particular parts). All email will be responded today and if any of you guys have any questions just let me know :)

Eric, keep me informed if you get the cable this week, if not send me email and I will sort it out.

I've sent an email yesterday asking for status of my order (paid one month ago.)

Same boat as you (but I emailed today). I look forward to a reply! :)

May 26, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #742 of 4,769
Received a reply last night from Mateusz and my Hybrid IEM cable will be shipped this week. Order placed May 11. Can't wait to replace my stock cable for my JH13s!

I just tapatalked!

May 26, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #743 of 4,769
Received my cable and loving it. I didn't think that I would notice a difference in sound quality and went into it expecting nothing. But, there's definitely an improvement. It's not major, but it's by no means minor. Design and the build quality of the cable are all top notch too!

May 27, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #744 of 4,769
Received my cable about 15mins ago. It's gorgeous, sounds wonderful, and I couldn't be happier... Just as I suspected. :wink:
Thanks Matthew.
etysmile.gif

May 29, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #745 of 4,769
Received my cable and loving it. I didn't think that I would notice a difference in sound quality and went into it expecting nothing. But, there's definitely an improvement. It's not major, but it's by no means minor. Design and the build quality of the cable are all top notch too!

Hi guys. I've been keeping tabs on this thread for a while now ever since I ordered a custom iem cable from Matt. Anyways, I finally have something to contribute something here.

Just got my cable this morning which was delivered at my office. From payment to delivery, it roughly took about 3 weeks to get here from Poland to Hong Kong. I ordered a custom iem cable with xba connectors for my xba-a3.

Matt was helpful enough with his responses through email. Sometimes it took awhile for him to reply back but he does reply back which is reassuring. For those who are worried about their orders, don't be. It does take time but Matt and his team does deliver. Just email him back again if there is no response.

Anyways, the build of my cable is top notch. I've bought an iem cable locally before but this one is artistically more better crafted. Also the cables aren't as stiff as my local cable and is surprisingly supple as well.

I agree with KritiKal, there is definitely an improvement in the sound. Bass is more controlled and tamed a little bit in mine (unlike the cables that came with my xba-a3) yet still detailed in the other areas.

Overall, I'm really happy with my purchase and I would recommend Forza Audioworks to anyone. Just letting you know about the waiting time and constant emailing back and forth.

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #746 of 4,769
Today, I received a Hybrid Series IEM cable, semi-transparent black insulation and the Switchcraft L-shaped jack for my JH 13Pro w/freqphase. Great build as you can see! I didn't expect the cable to be that soft compared to the stock cable and I like it! It took exactly 3 weeks from order to delivery. Time to listen and enjoy!

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #747 of 4,769
Today, I received a Hybrid Series IEM cable, semi-transparent black insulation and the Switchcraft L-shaped jack for my JH 13Pro w/freqphase. Great build as you can see! I didn't expect the cable to be that soft compared to the stock cable and I like it! It took exactly 3 weeks from order to delivery. Time to listen and enjoy!

Did you consider going for the 1/4 inch and if yes, what was your reasoning for the 3.5mm?
Bottom line, an IEM cable upgrade is next for me too, after receiving my OTG cable, I'm comfortable to go with Forza again. But, I can't decide between the 1/4" or 3.5mm. At the moment I'm leaning towards the 1/4" as I will be plugging in to the iDSD too (and a desktop rig) so I can do away with the 3.5mm to 1/4" adaptor in it and use a 1/4" to 3.5mm when/if necessary in rare circumstances.
But, I want to make sure I haven't overlooked anything, so figured there was no harm in asking. :)

Also, how do you find the heat treated wire for behind the ear? Is it stiff enough, and is the diameter wide enough so as to not touch the ear?

Many thanks!

Jun 2, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #748 of 4,769
Did you consider going for the 1/4 inch and if yes, what was your reasoning for the 3.5mm?
Bottom line, an IEM cable upgrade is next for me too, after receiving my OTG cable, I'm comfortable to go with Forza again. But, I can't decide between the 1/4" or 3.5mm. At the moment I'm leaning towards the 1/4" as I will be plugging in to the iDSD too (and a desktop rig) so I can do away with the 3.5mm to 1/4" adaptor in it and use a 1/4" to 3.5mm when/if necessary in rare circumstances.
But, I want to make sure I haven't overlooked anything, so figured there was no harm in asking.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, how do you find the heat treated wire for behind the ear? Is it stiff enough, and is the diameter wide enough so as to not touch the ear?

Many thanks!

I went for 3,5 mm just for convienence when exercising. I use my mobile phone with WiMP/Tidal + IEMs (no iDSD) when training. Just a simple as that.

I find the wire soft and not stiff at all. It's slightly heat treated and I think that the L-shaped connectors help a lot for the wiring around and back of the ears. I do have small ears so this is no problem for me and the cable coating is soft and gentle to the skin. Because the cable is soft makes the heat treatment and diameter less important, I think, The L-shaped connectors make a a greater difference for the shape around the ears. Hope this helps.

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #749 of 4,769
Hi everyone on this thread, I've been following this thread and Forza-Audioworks for a while but never had a need to order a cable until now :).
I need a headphone cable that is not listed on the Forza-Audioworks website (connection type that I need is not listed in the ordering page). Who am I supposed to contact regarding this? Do I PM Forza-Audioworkds people on Head-fi or e-mail them directly on their website or what else?
Thank you.

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #750 of 4,769
Hi everyone on this thread, I've been following this thread and Forza-Audioworks for a while but never had a need to order a cable until now :).
I need a headphone cable that is not listed on the Forza-Audioworks website (connection type that I need is not listed in the ordering page). Who am I supposed to contact regarding this? Do I PM Forza-Audioworkds people on Head-fi or e-mail them directly on their website or what else?
Thank you.

Email them from their website. Matthee isnt that active here on headfi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back