Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Nov 3, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #2,056 of 4,769
I've recently purchased two cables from Forza Audioworks, a Claire HPC mk2 and a Claire Hybrid HPC mk2 for my Sennheiser HD600/HD650 headphones. These were delivered faster than I had anticipated, build time took about a week for each cable (I ordered these a few weeks apart) and the post did take some days to deliver them.

Build quality is fantastic, many people praised them already and I can only agree. They are also extremely comfortable, more flexible and less microphonic than the already good HD650 stock cable. I like the attention to detail, the Forza emblen on the splitter always comes up top. It's a joy to handle them. It shows somebody has put lots of thought into this product.
The translucent black cables are just beautyfull, the copper cable has a dark brown copper color and the hybrid a lighter silvery sheen to colour. The hybrid is a fantastic match with the silver HD650. The cables have a nice steampunk look and feel to them.

They also have a very positive impact on sound. The Claire Hybrid took some time to burn in I think, it had a pretty stong presence in the high midrange initially which went away after some time. I'm using it for the HD650 right now. The most obvious change is an excellent holographic soundstage, it feels like watching the musicians playing in a room. The haze of the stock cable went away and the image is more precise and stable. Of course a cable doesn't have a soundstage itself but the audiosystem has and the Claire Hybrid is obviously more transparent than the stock cable. Furthermore bass is tighter and deeper, less grain, less fatigue and the HD650 sounds more neutral/linear with lots of clarity and detail (real detail, not glossed over macro).

The copper Claire HPC mk2 is warmer sounding with a similar clarity as the Hybrid but slightly less precise imaging and resolve. I think it has more punch/slam and it has a lovely rich midrange. I'm using it for the HD600 which brings it pretty close to the typical HD650 sound (slightly sepia tinted lovely sounding headphone) but with more speed and tighter bass than HD650. I found the HD600 slightly too bright and lean usually which has changed completely. I've listened to some black metal (for testing, amongst others) with the HD600 (Immortal - Pure Holocaust and Blizzard Beasts), and the tone and the controll of the headphone is just amazing and lots of fun.

I love both cables, very nice product overall.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you're happy! Oh, and your impressions went to my FB page!

Cheers,
Matt

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Nov 4, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #2,057 of 4,769
What's your current aprox. turn around time for a cable, Matt? Ordered a few cables in the past from you and recently put down another order.

Is 1-2 weeks still accurate as there hasn't been an update on the order?

Nov 5, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #2,059 of 4,769
I'm thinking of buying a balanced cable for my cIEMs. I'm wondering if it's possible to also get an adapter with 4.4mm female balanced to 3.5mm male single ended.

Matt gave me a price on a 2.5mm balanced to 1/4" adapter just the other day. He'll want to know if you want it as a one piece or with a short length of cable between the plugs

Nov 5, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #2,060 of 4,769
Originally I thought it might be great as one piece but since I would use it with my tablet, laptop or smartphone the short cable variant is probably less risky. There is less of a lever that could break the plug (e.g. when you are using it in a pocket) with the cable in between.

Nov 7, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #2,061 of 4,769
What's your current aprox. turn around time for a cable, Matt? Ordered a few cables in the past from you and recently put down another order.

Is 1-2 weeks still accurate as there hasn't been an update on the order?

It's still accurate. There are no delays, though if there are any doubts, please shoot me a PM or a mail.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Nov 7, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #2,062 of 4,769
Received my ES100 last week along with some Forza cables to connect up my K10s and SE215s. Really happy with the way the cables turned out and seem to be a perfect length for having the ES100 clipped to my shirt collar. Nice and comfortable and solid build quality as always.

I also got a Claire Hybrid HPC for my Beyerdynamic T5p.2 and it is a huge improvement on the stock cable which is ridiculously stiff considering they are supposed to be portable headphones, it was basically like standard power cable stiffness... Other than the comfort improvements it looks pretty damn good with the semi transparent black insulation, the only thing I feel that lets it down is the heat-shrinked splitters which look a bit cheap, hopefully Matt can find a good replacement for the old carbon ones he used before as they looked far more professional.

Overall very happy though, thanks again for another set of great cables!

Nov 9, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #2,063 of 4,769
Received my ES100 last week along with some Forza cables to connect up my K10s and SE215s. Really happy with the way the cables turned out and seem to be a perfect length for having the ES100 clipped to my shirt collar. Nice and comfortable and solid build quality as always.

I also got a Claire Hybrid HPC for my Beyerdynamic T5p.2 and it is a huge improvement on the stock cable which is ridiculously stiff considering they are supposed to be portable headphones, it was basically like standard power cable stiffness... Other than the comfort improvements it looks pretty damn good with the semi transparent black insulation, the only thing I feel that lets it down is the heat-shrinked splitters which look a bit cheap, hopefully Matt can find a good replacement for the old carbon ones he used before as they looked far more professional.

Overall very happy though, thanks again for another set of great cables!

Sure thing, my pleasure!

Nov 15, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #2,066 of 4,769
Do you guys have experience as to how long it usually takes to receive a reply to a Pm or email from FAW?

If you don't get any answer within 48 hours, please resend. Thanks!

Also, tomorrow starts our local AVS show and I'll be exhibiting there, so over this weekend it might be a bit difficult for me to reply.

Nov 21, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #2,067 of 4,769
I’m posting here for the first time and would like to wish you all the best.
I bought an hybrid iem Forza cable by recommendation from Matt which was prompt delivered.
I have already bought a copper one last year and compared to another I got from Moonaudio I rather prefer the Forzas.
I use them with, DAPs A&K70 and A&K sp1000 and iems campfire andromeda and shure se846, trying them alternatively between jazz, alternative and other genres I enjoy listening.
I just want to express to you that these cables brought such a coherent and balanced sound to my listenings that I almost enjoy listening from them much than from my traditional systems.
Anyway just want to thank Matt for his assistance and prompt suggestions.

Nov 22, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #2,068 of 4,769
I’m posting here for the first time and would like to wish you all the best.
I bought an hybrid iem Forza cable by recommendation from Matt which was prompt delivered.
I have already bought a copper one last year and compared to another I got from Moonaudio I rather prefer the Forzas.
I use them with, DAPs A&K70 and A&K sp1000 and iems campfire andromeda and shure se846, trying them alternatively between jazz, alternative and other genres I enjoy listening.
I just want to express to you that these cables brought such a coherent and balanced sound to my listenings that I almost enjoy listening from them much than from my traditional systems.
Anyway just want to thank Matt for his assistance and prompt suggestions.

Cool feedback. Many thanks! I do my best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back