Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Oct 19, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #2,042 of 4,755
Well, here we go again. My third Forza cable order placed (this time for CA Andromeda's), yet still no invitation to marry his younger sister :frowning2:

You're not worthy. But then again no one is. She's picky and let's leave it at that:L3000:

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Oct 20, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #2,043 of 4,755
I ordered the Hybrid Noir and the Hybrid Claire from Forza Audio Works and the quality of those cables is just outstanding. They look gorgeous, you can tell they are hand crafted with lots of care and attention. Also, they are very light, not uncomfortable at all.

They were shipped a week after I ordered them and arrived quite fast, 2 weeks in total. Also, Matthew was very kind and answered to all my concerns by e-mail. He was very helpful and you can really rely on him.

The sound on these cables compared with a stock Oppo OCC PM-1 cable (which was already very good) is clearly better. The soundstage got bigger and the treble is more cleaner. After I'll upgrade to another pair of headphones, I'll definitely buy again cables from Forza.

Also, I asked Matthew about silver only cables and he said there is a plan for them for the beginning of next year. Really excited about this.

Oct 20, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #2,044 of 4,755
Still love my Forza cables after more than a year. They feel light and very well made. Price is really reasonable. I had the Claire Hybrid HPC for the LCD-2f as they sound clearer and brings out the details in the Audeze. For the HD800, I had the Noir HPC Mk2. Both cables go very well with my headphones. Highly recommended.

20170810_124944.jpg

IMG-1979.JPG

Oct 22, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #2,046 of 4,755
I ordered the Hybrid Noir and the Hybrid Claire from Forza Audio Works and the quality of those cables is just outstanding. They look gorgeous, you can tell they are hand crafted with lots of care and attention. Also, they are very light, not uncomfortable at all.

They were shipped a week after I ordered them and arrived quite fast, 2 weeks in total. Also, Matthew was very kind and answered to all my concerns by e-mail. He was very helpful and you can really rely on him.

The sound on these cables compared with a stock Oppo OCC PM-1 cable (which was already very good) is clearly better. The soundstage got bigger and the treble is more cleaner. After I'll upgrade to another pair of headphones, I'll definitely buy again cables from Forza.

Also, I asked Matthew about silver only cables and he said there is a plan for them for the beginning of next year. Really excited about this.

FAW silver cables is an amazing idea.

Wish that there will be more option for plug brand for iem cable too. Such as Eidolic or Furutech.
Also, some may consider getting 8-wire for iem cable.
Just want to have more selection for user. :D

Oct 24, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #2,048 of 4,755
Could I ask which cable you purchased?

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I've ordered the Forza Hybrid Series iem cable. It'll be my second purchase of this cable, the first being for Sennheiser IE80S iem's (my other Forza cable being the Hybrid HPC MkII/Sennheiser HD660S's). Build quality on my first Hybrid cable was superb and audially it decongested the IE80S's and opened up the soundstage and improved clarity, ergo, worth every penny.

You know how it goes....you spend an apparently obscene and unjustifiable amount of money on a pair of iem's, friends & family laugh at you for doing so, then after 6 months or so of listening you understand why some iem's cost 10 times more, you convince yourself that you'll never be happy unless you experience a stellar iem and excuse the profligate spend as actually quite astute, solely because (A) you could have still spent much more than the price of your chosen iem upgrade, and (B) "Crinacle's" Rates them as a "Must try. Experience what the best has to offer" . You also practice & master the quizzical face, an expression you use everytime friends & family ask if they're new iem's, the expression you use as you utter the words "No, still the same Sennheisers" :frowning2:

Andromeda-with-New-Spout-2-1200x1200.jpg

My 'astute' upgrade was to a pair of Campfire Audio Andromedas, plus an additional OE cable as I wanted a 2.5mm TRRS due to using an AK70 Mkii DAP as source. I was blown away by just how good the Andromedas sounded with stock (2.5mm balanced) cable on first listen, I've been told by others on this forum that the stock cable is excellent, and I don't disagree, but it's an ugly thin twisty stringy thing which left me wanting a broader gauged cable for aesthetics, ease of deployment (tangle free) and hopefully even better sound quality. A couple of head-fi posters suggested Effect Audio "Eros II" or "Lionheart" cables, another head-fier pointed out that the Forza Hybrid looked (spec wise) very similar to the Eros II and it does indeed. Cost wise the Forza is substantially cheaper than the Eros II, that's probably due to Matt/Forza selling direct to the consumer, whereas Effect Audio sell through Retailers who'll want their cut so I have no worries regarding quality disparity (past experience of Forza cables also bolsters my optimism).

I will at some stage definitely compare the Forza Hybrid (& CA standard cable) with the EA Eros II and Lionheart but it will be via a free audition at a CanJam type event only, and by then maybe Matt/Forza will have launched a Lionheart equivalent themselves

However, sadly I can't yet post my comparison of the two (CA/Forza) cables as I'm still awaiting delivery of the Forza cable, it's been almost a week since I placed my order and neither Matts younger, better looking Sister, nor the Postman has knocked yet :frowning2:

Oct 29, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #2,049 of 4,755
that's probably due to Matt/Forza selling direct to the consumer

Having middle men undoubtedly factors in. Plus I honestly think that quality headphone/IEM cables don't have to be pricey to be far better than stock options. It's a mentality thing. Having constant orders flow, lots of work and being occupied all time, even if it means earning less money per product, was my goal since day one. That's my way. Early on I had no idea whether I'll succeed, but it's safe to say that I did and business model based on direct sales contributed here, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #2,050 of 4,755
Apologies for the poor quality images, but here's my 'Before & After' photoshoot, yeah yeah new cable arrived today* :)

IMAG0951.jpg

IMAG0956.jpg

* Cable ordered at 11.17pm (near to midnight) on 17th October and received (London) on the 30th October

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #2,051 of 4,755
Hello,

I ordered a cable last February and have a false contact on the left ear.
I contacted FAW twice on FB, with a copy of the warranty card, and once on their website, and I’m still waiting for an answer to send the cable back.

Very poor service and communication, I must say that I am quite disappointed despite the quality of the cable (before the problem I encountered).

Nov 1, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #2,052 of 4,755
Hello,

I ordered a cable last February and have a false contact on the left ear.
I contacted FAW twice on FB, with a copy of the warranty card, and once on their website, and I’m still waiting for an answer to send the cable back.

Very poor service and communication, I must say that I am quite disappointed despite the quality of the cable (before the problem I encountered).

Hi, I sent you email few days back with the address - exactly on 29th with all the info needed to send it back for free repair. Can you check your SPAM folder? It may have landed there.

Nov 2, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #2,053 of 4,755
Hey Matt, I've been looking for a balanced XLR cable to fit the iBasso SR1, but unfortunately they use MMCX connectors which aren't that common in full sized cans.

Noticed that the Shure phones and the Pioneer SE1 also use them and that you have an option available for these. Will that cable also fit the SR1?

Nov 2, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #2,054 of 4,755
Hi, I sent you email few days back with the address - exactly on 29th with all the info needed to send it back for free repair. Can you check your SPAM folder? It may have landed there.
Hello Mat, thank you for your message. I checked but do not have your email. Could you please send me the info through a head fi private message?

Thanks again.

Nov 2, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #2,055 of 4,755
I've recently purchased two cables from Forza Audioworks, a Claire HPC mk2 and a Claire Hybrid HPC mk2 for my Sennheiser HD600/HD650 headphones. These were delivered faster than I had anticipated, build time took about a week for each cable (I ordered these a few weeks apart) and the post did take some days to deliver them.

Build quality is fantastic, many people praised them already and I can only agree. They are also extremely comfortable, more flexible and less microphonic than the already good HD650 stock cable. I like the attention to detail, the Forza emblen on the splitter always comes up top. It's a joy to handle them. It shows somebody has put lots of thought into this product.
The translucent black cables are just beautyfull, the copper cable has a dark brown copper color and the hybrid a lighter silvery sheen to colour. The hybrid is a fantastic match with the silver HD650. The cables have a nice steampunk look and feel to them.

They also have a very positive impact on sound. The Claire Hybrid took some time to burn in I think, it had a pretty stong presence in the high midrange initially which went away after some time. I'm using it for the HD650 right now. The most obvious change is an excellent holographic soundstage, it feels like watching the musicians playing in a room. The haze of the stock cable went away and the image is more precise and stable. Of course a cable doesn't have a soundstage itself but the audiosystem has and the Claire Hybrid is obviously more transparent than the stock cable. Furthermore bass is tighter and deeper, less grain, less fatigue and the HD650 sounds more neutral/linear with lots of clarity and detail (real detail, not glossed over macro).

The copper Claire HPC mk2 is warmer sounding with a similar clarity as the Hybrid but slightly less precise imaging and resolve. I think it has more punch/slam and it has a lovely rich midrange. I'm using it for the HD600 which brings it pretty close to the typical HD650 sound (slightly sepia tinted lovely sounding headphone) but with more speed and tighter bass than HD650. I found the HD600 slightly too bright and lean usually which has changed completely. I've listened to some black metal (for testing, amongst others) with the HD600 (Immortal - Pure Holocaust and Blizzard Beasts), and the tone and the controll of the headphone is just amazing and lots of fun.

I love both cables, very nice product overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back