Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Sep 16, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #1,276 of 3,854
Cars looked much simpler, now a days front wings itself are so complex.much effort is put in aerodynamic design these days.

And often they seem to go just as fast with half the wing vanes missing 
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #1,279 of 3,854
Tyre wear would probably be affected by damaged front wing though..

Sep 16, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #1,281 of 3,854
Lewis' tyres always seem to wore off quickly, probably it's his driving? He's too aggressive, and frequently locked off under braking.

Sep 17, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #1,282 of 3,854
FIA clarifies radio clampdown for F1 teams

"Italy's Autosprint said information about the operation and function of energy-recovery is not allowed, as is notifications about tyre temperature, clutch settings and brake wear - among many other instructions outlined in a detailed document. Additionally, any messages that appear encoded are not allowed. It means that only basic radio messages are now permitted, including time gaps, positions, traffic and verbal encouragements such as "push".

Discussions about the selection of tyre compounds and wing adjustments, and the type of tyres used by competitors, are permitted, as are notifications of technical problems and race strategies. Teams may also remind drivers to be aware of hazards, including the white line when rejoining from a pitstop and the limitations of the track.

And the ban will be in effect throughout not only the Grand Prix but also qualifying and practice sessions, Autosprint added." - Motorsportdotcom

Sep 17, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #1,283 of 3,854
Don't see any mention of Driver Whining in there. That needs to be banned.

Sep 17, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #1,284 of 3,854
I don't care about driver whining, what I don't want to hear is drivers being told how to drive. That's going away, so this is a positive for me (although not without its bad side).

Sep 17, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #1,285 of 3,854
Keep in mind, the driver's can say whatever they want - so we might still hear some of what is going on inside the cockpits (well, except maybe Kimi's). And that includes whining. :D

"You have to leave a space! All the time you have to leave a space!"

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #1,286 of 3,854

Looking forward to the race !

Sep 19, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #1,288 of 3,854
Looking at the FP2 times, this could be the most exciting grand prix of the season!

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #1,290 of 3,854

Looking at the FP2 times, this could be the most exciting grand prix of the season!

That'll be a hard act, considering some others this season. But better than last year seems a good bet
rolleyes.gif

I quite like Red Bull and even I fell asleep watching most of last year's GP 
biggrin.gif

The qualifyer times are very close as well, should be an interesting race tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back