Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Jul 29, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #1,141 of 3,854
  They are on equal footing why would Mercedes give Lewis favors? Lewis is asking just as much what to do as Nico. Remember Monaco just for one.

Kicking tires only wreckers that have no clue do. But anyway it´s seldom a coincidence that two drivers having an equal car and one get more mechanical failures. He do that because he push harder then his material can tolerate. So it´s not just "bad luck"

Now some teams can´t really support two cars and Ferrari is known for prioritizing one car over the other but Mercedes certainly seem to support both drivers equally.

Agreed, for example in 2012 McLaren had a quick car, quick enough to challenge for the title. But it seems that Lewis' reliability problem persist to make the title seemed impossible, a problem that was nonexistent with Jensen's car. Perhaps Lewis doesn't really know how to take care of his car?

Jul 29, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #1,142 of 3,854
  Well that's not fair now is it.

But the problem is that Alonso is proving Kimi could get more out of the car (a lot more, sometimes). With Grosjean, who knows? We could assume the Lotus is actually no worse than the Toro Rosso and both Lotus drivers would be stomped by Vergne. On the other hand, it's possible the Lotus is actually more akin to the Sauber and that with a more inspiring driver lineup Sauber would have a similar number of points.

Jul 30, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #1,143 of 3,854
- Hamilton's first DNF was from failure of the equivalent of a spark plug wire.

- In Germany his brakes failed on his first hot lap of qualy.

- In Hungary his fuel hose started spraying fuel onto his engine on his first lap of qualy.

Theses are accidents where he's driven the crap out of of the car and destroyed these particular parts? How do you over rev your spark plug wire or your fuel hose?

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #1,144 of 3,854

But the problem is that Alonso is proving Kimi could get more out of the car (a lot more, sometimes).

The car has been designed for years as per Alonso liking, for Kimi to get into car and adapt it or set it according to his preference I guess is bit difficult. I think Kimi will be better next year.
Theses are accidents where he's driven the crap out of of the car and destroyed these particular parts?

Two strong weekends from Hamilton, team let him down in both cases with reliability.

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #1,145 of 3,854
  The car has been designed for years as per Alonso liking, for Kimi to get into car and adapt it or set it according to his preference I guess is bit difficult. I think Kimi will be better next year.

I sure hope so. I want my Alonso/Kimi WDC duel, dangit! I was promised it!

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #1,146 of 3,854

I sure hope so. I want my Alonso/Kimi WDC duel, dangit! I was promised it!

It´s Ferrari it´s not going to happen. I am quite sure Kimi just whent there for the money knowing he is the second driver. Ferrari never have two equal drivers ever.

I think the difference in performance just show how much is the car and how little is the driver. Same with Grosjean suddenly getting a super driver when Lotus switched focus to him lol

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #1,147 of 3,854
It´s Ferrari it´s not going to happen. I am quite sure Kimi just whent there for the money knowing he is the second driver. Ferrari never have two equal drivers ever.

I think the difference in performance just show how much is the car and how little is the driver. Same with Grosjean suddenly getting a super driver when Lotus switched focus to him lol

They got kimi to tame Alonso, so you never know.

So is redbull focusing on Ricardo?

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #1,148 of 3,854

They got kimi to tame Alonso, so you never know.

So is redbull focusing on Ricardo?

I've been wondering about this as well - what will happen to Red Bull's lineup for next season? Is Ricciardo going to be their #1 driver?

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #1,149 of 3,854

I've been wondering about this as well - what will happen to Red Bull's lineup for next season? Is Ricciardo going to be their #1 driver?

Nope. He'll be driving for the Scud after they pay Kimi another 18 million to go away and make room for him.

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #1,151 of 3,854
You mean Vettel? I don't see Ricardo at Ferrari for another 4-5yrs. Redbull have good dev program, lot of new talent.

Dead Bull is very much Ein Deutches team. The Dr. Frankenstein of racing in the persona of Helmut Marko will want to keep it that way. If anyone's going anywhere it'll be Ricciardo. He's in a position not unlike Buttons was at Brawn in his WC year. Ferrari would do well to grab Daniel and bring him up their way. The only problem is that this isn't the days of Villeneuve anymore, and Ferrari doesn't actually have a "way" anymore.

What is sort of curious is the impression going round, that other than Dead Bull, nobody really want's Vettel.  The end of this season with musical seats will be hilarious I suspect. Probably as entertaining as the racing itself.

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #1,152 of 3,854
You mean Vettel? I don't see Ricardo at Ferrari for another 4-5yrs. Redbull have good dev program, lot of new talent.

Honestly, on the strength of how he's done compared to Ricciardo this year, why would they want Vettel? They've already got an expensive world champion who's struggling with his car
wink.gif

Seriously though, I do think if Seb doesn't start performing pretty soon he is in serious danger of losing the team to the Honey Badger. This isn't like Webber where only one of them was a Red Bull graduate and potentially favored for that. Of course, Red Bull have always claimed to have no #1 driver anyway, so...

Aug 14, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #1,153 of 3,854
What is sort of curious is the impression going round, that other than Dead Bull, nobody really want's Vettel.  The end of this season with musical seats will be hilarious I suspect. Probably as entertaining as the racing itself.

Luca wants Vettel he has said it before, also Honda might want him.

Aug 14, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #1,154 of 3,854

Luca wants Vettel he has said it before, also Honda might want him.

+1 I read the statement too. Also, with the extent of Kimi's under-performance I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari seeks to replace him with Vettel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back