Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Jul 27, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #1,111 of 3,854
I am mostly impressed by Kimi Räikkonens avoiding action on Rosbergs torpedo run. Anybody else then Räikkonen and that hadn´t worked out :)

Jul 28, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #1,112 of 3,854
Can somebody tell me why they didn't put Ham on the faster Tire?? Didn't he have all sets available due to his non quali

appearance? (Wasn't Nico on a used set at the very end??) HAM could've, should've, would've "Blitz" the entire field...

Mach Schnell!!!!!

Peace....
L3000.gif

Jul 28, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #1,113 of 3,854
They tried to do one less pit stop for Hamilton. His hards was shot by the end anyway. If it would be better to push more and do another stop dunno but overall Hamilton must be very pleased with the Safety car and how the strategy worked out for him :)

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #1,114 of 3,854
I have a suggestion regarding the team principles' meeting about spicing up the racing - JUST WATCH THE F'ING RACES!

No more taxi driving comments for the rest of the year please.

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #1,116 of 3,854
Considering how highly rated this season is by the viewers (the rich ones and the pirates, of course - nobody else watches anymore
biggrin.gif
) it is astonishing that they're spending so much time talking about 'improving the show'. The show is great, people! Of course, Luca was never going to complain about this one, not with Fernando almost winning...

Anyway, good note to enter the break on. Best race of the season so far, arguably - much better than last year where we spent more time talking about the most boring race of the season than the best. And we look set for at least as good of a second half; the championship is sure to go to the last race and might even involve three contenders if Ricciardo keeps up like this, plenty of great teammate battles going on (and Kimi looking like maybe he's back after the last two races, so maybe we'll actually get to see some action at Ferrari) and of course for some of us the most satisfying thing of all is seeing Vettel shown how to drive by the new kid. What did Fernando say about his four titles before this season got under way?
rolleyes.gif

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #1,117 of 3,854
Seriously if they want to improve the show they should add sprinklers like on golf courses so they can get wet conditions in every single race. Just make the races so much more strategic and hard to follow. To avoid conspiracy theories (impossible I know) let a computer decide the weather based on some clever calculations. 

To make it even more public friendly let the viewers vote about rain. Then we will see drivers work even more to put up a good show just like the gladiators they are so they can get favors. Everytime Vettel gets in the lead rain :wink:

Jul 28, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #1,118 of 3,854
  Seriously if they want to improve the show they should add sprinklers like on golf courses so they can get wet conditions in every single race. Just make the races so much more strategic and hard to follow. To avoid conspiracy theories (impossible I know) let a computer decide the weather based on some clever calculations. 

To make it even more public friendly let the viewers vote about rain. Then we will see drivers work even more to put up a good show just like the gladiators they are so they can get favors. Everytime Vettel gets in the lead rain :wink:

Bernie actually contemplated having sprinkers on the tracks. Hell go for it all, get a snow machine happening and freon coils under the track too. Lets see these lazy playboys actually work for their millions of dollars:)

Jul 28, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #1,119 of 3,854
Google: "Silverstone on ice", maybe they should add it to the current calendar
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #1,122 of 3,854
I really do hope for Nico to win the title. Would it be the first time in history a father and son won the title if Nico wins?

Jul 29, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #1,123 of 3,854
  I really do hope for Nico to win the title. Would it be the first time in history a father and son won the title if Nico wins?

Graham Hill and Damon Hill got there first I'm afraid.

I'm pulling for Lew, even though I'm not a big fan.

If this season went down on pure merit and lionheartedness, It would be Ricciardo or Alonso for the title. The Aussie has the nerves and talent of a fighter pilot. The Spaniard the ability to take a car that should be melted down for scap and keep it in the points.

Jul 29, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #1,124 of 3,854

Graham Hill and Damon Hill got there first I'm afraid.

I'm pulling for Lew, even though I'm not a big fan.

If this season went down on pure merit and lionheartedness, It would be Ricciardo or Alonso for the title. The Aussie has the nerves and talent of a fighter pilot. The Spaniard the ability to take a car that should be melted down for scap and keep it in the points.

Didn't know Damon Hill's old man won a title, that's quite a surprise for me.

And can't agree more regarding Ricciardo and Alonso. I'm not a fan of Alonso, it's quite the contrast from that. I hated Alonso, but I must admit his ability to take a car to its absolute limit is mind blowing. The 2012 Ferrari (and also 2014, for that matter) does not deserve to be called a 'Ferrari'.

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #1,125 of 3,854

Didn't know Damon Hill's old man won a title, that's quite a surprise for me.

And can't agree more regarding Ricciardo and Alonso. I'm not a fan of Alonso, it's quite the contrast from that. I hated Alonso, but I must admit his ability to take a car to its absolute limit is mind blowing. The 2012 Ferrari (and also 2014, for that matter) does not deserve to be called a 'Ferrari'.

Graham won the WDC  twice. He also won Indy and LeMans. He was one of the last great "classic" racers. A private aircraft (which he was piloting) crash took his life way too soon.

Yes Ferrari needs to make the Fiat logo a little larger on this years car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back