Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Sep 19, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #2,896 of 3,854
  To bad about Kimi he always get the short straw in all racing battles and in the pits. Max was great to watch.
Hamilton lost three races in a row now. Had it been the other way around you would say Nico was broken :p

Heck no. Nico is broken no matter what:)

Kimi remains the luckless WDC. Small wonder the SCUD keeps renewing him. They're probably scared witless he'll retire and have another book written.

Sep 20, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #2,898 of 3,854
  I'm with you on that
He was lucky to win the one he did.

With Kimi, it was luck that was owed after his tenure with Ronbo and the car that did it's level best to attempt to murder him.

As an aside. What the devil is up with Williams. Was Bottas fiddling around in there or did the impact at the start cause the seatbelts to come loose? This aint rocket science, the 6 point has been around for decades and that along with retiring the car to prevent further damage to the gearbox after he dumped the clutch exiting the pits scares me. If Williams is that desperate, are we going to see them on Kickstarter next?

Renault doing their level best to fry Magnussen is a fright too.  Both teams have been round the block enough to NOT make such garagiste errors. This is the type of thing the FIA should really be policing up, rather than wondering who went over what curb.

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #2,899 of 3,854
Kimi has always been fast. It was not like Alonso did a better job at Ferrari.

Sep 20, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #2,900 of 3,854
  Kimi has always been fast. It was not like Alonso did a better job at Ferrari.

Well, some might say finishing 6th rather than 12th in the one year they were at Ferrari together was doing a better job 
wink.gif
 It's difficult to compare, as they were hardly ever teammates and the team also had a stronger car in Kimi's first stint. Still, I think many would say Alonso punched well above his weight in terms of the performance of the car for most of his tenure. He finished 2nd in the championship three times and 4th at a time when his teammate could only manage 6th twice, 7th and 8th.

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #2,901 of 3,854

Well, some might say finishing 6th rather than 12th in the one year they were at Ferrari together was doing a better job 
wink.gif
 It's difficult to compare, as they were hardly ever teammates and the team also had a stronger car in Kimi's first stint. Still, I think many would say Alonso punched well above his weight in terms of the performance of the car for most of his tenure. He finished 2nd in the championship three times and 4th at a time when his teammate could only manage 6th twice, 7th and 8th.

Nobody on earth can drive a @@@tbox of a car better than Alonso. Much as I love Kimi when it comes to a head to head get every last molecule of speed out of a vehicle Fredo exhibits an almost Clark like talent. Shows just how bad the Mac actually was/is. Mores the pity that he appears to be a truly awful human being managed by another truly awful human being. Something poetic there methinks.

Interesting to note Hamster is the only WDC to win in both the non turbo and turbo eras. Previous WDC's seem to be doing extraordinarily miserable with the new formulae:)

Anyone else out there read the Bernie Biography?

Oct 2, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #2,903 of 3,854
Funny first corner incident where Vettel makes a worse move than what he's previously berated Verstappen for. Verstappen did well to avoid the incident and had a good race.

Rosberg again makes a bit of a desperate dive when trying to overtake a difficult car. Was it worth a penalty? I don't think it was because there was contact per se but because Rosberg actually understeered into Raikkonen.

And then there is Hamilton. Is reliability going to be the major deciding factor for the WDC this year? I've seen Rosberg look less happy in the pre-podium room after a win.

Used the spoiler tags as detailed in the first post in the thread originally which didn't work, can the first post be updated?

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #2,907 of 3,854
I don't think Max had the tyres left to make a really good challenge out of it in the last laps.

The conspiracy theorists will be having a heydey with Lews engine detonation.

Vettel obviously getting desperate late in the season.

Kimi has Max leave him alone for this race only to have Flossy punt him, it never end's with his luck either.

Great to see Ric on the top step. I hope to see a lot more of that next year.

Oct 2, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #2,908 of 3,854
Lewis don´t seem to be very good at maintaining his cars... If it´s just bad luck it will even out.

Max was actually punting Vettel before the start but the end result may been the same anyway :p

Oct 2, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #2,909 of 3,854
lol Ricciardos grin on the podium

Users who are viewing this thread

Back