Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!)
Jun 20, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #2,626 of 3,854
Yeah I was also in the line of allowing the engineers to operate it in the pit stops.  Second solution run double seater and have your race engineer onboard :D

I am really not sure about the technical skill of Lewis. Going by radio traffic past seasons I don´t know a driver that complained more about not finding the right settings lol

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #2,627 of 3,854
  Yeah I was also in the line of allowing the engineers to operate it in the pit stops.  Second solution run double seater and have your race engineer onboard :D

I am really not sure about the technical skill of Lewis. Going by radio traffic past seasons I don´t know a driver that complained more about not finding the right settings lol

Awesome! Both solutions offer a built in penalty:)  In seriousness I like the pit idea, it would add a random element of uncertainty and increase the Driver / Team dynamic's tension.

Well truth be told both Lew and Flossy seem a little flustered over the complexity of the Merc steering wheel.What we do not get to know is just how the thing is programmed for every race. I suspect that switch mappings change for each locale and further suspect that this is what caught them both out at the new track with new data and a hurried update. The technologist in me says if you have two users experiencing the very same error, the tech is at fault. You either mis implemented it, made a technical error in its construction, or did not expalin and train enough.
Perhaps an onboard help menu would be an idea. I'd love to develop that software:)

Jun 20, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #2,628 of 3,854

Awesome! Both solutions offer a built in penalty:)  In seriousness I like the pit idea, it would add a random element of uncertainty and increase the Driver / Team dynamic's tension.

Well truth be told both Lew and Flossy seem a little flustered over the complexity of the Merc steering wheel.What we do not get to know is just how the thing is programmed for every race. I suspect that switch mappings change for each locale and further suspect that this is what caught them both out at the new track with new data and a hurried update. The technologist in me says if you have two users experiencing the very same error, the tech is at fault. You either mis implemented it, made a technical error in its construction, or did not expalin and train enough.
Perhaps an onboard help menu would be an idea. I'd love to develop that software:)

....what about a built in Microsoft Clippy?

"Looks like you're trying to win the race. Need some help with that?"

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #2,629 of 3,854
Dumas wins both Lemans 24 hour and Pikes peak....... Champion...  right there....  
L3000.gif

beerchug.gif

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #2,630 of 3,854
Almost forgot about F1 with everything else going on at the moment 
biggrin.gif

Never thought I'd see Button on the second row of the grid this season. Watch him go backwards at warp speed tomorrow though, sadly. Good chance for Hammy to make up a bit of ground on Rosborg.

Jul 2, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #2,631 of 3,854
I just hope Lewis can actually start his goddam car quickly tomorrow, hit turn 1 ahead and steam off.

Looking forward to going to Silverstone on Friday as well, although it'll probably chuck it down all day.

Jul 3, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #2,632 of 3,854
Yeah he really do seem to struggle with the clutch a lot. Probably like me can´t be bothered with practising starts. Stupid though I always loose places as a result :wink:

I missed the qualification as well so much going on. btw do anybody know a decent streaming service that don´t totally rob you? I have to pay like 50 euro to watch a F1 race or 2 if there is 2 in a month and it´s just to much.

Preferrably not the Skysports stream they are so incredible biased they can´t see straight but must be english so guess it´s they or Fox? But can´t use their own services.

Jul 3, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #2,633 of 3,854
Wow awesome race! I watched it with my Rift in big cinema mode which made it even better.

Predictable ending but well this time justice was served straight away. 
So much I want to spoil but wont everybody should watch it :)

Jul 3, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #2,634 of 3,854
  Wow awesome race! I watched it with my Rift in big cinema mode which made it even better.

Predictable ending but well this time justice was served straight away. 
So much I want to spoil but wont everybody should watch it :)

Yeah I won't spoil it either since you've set the precedent there 
wink.gif
 Really enjoyable race with a dramatic ending and I agree that justice was done!

Jul 3, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #2,635 of 3,854

Yeah I won't spoil it either since you've set the precedent there 
wink.gif
 Really enjoyable race with a dramatic ending and I agree that justice was done!

"Brainless"   Quote of the season, that:)

Jul 3, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #2,637 of 3,854
Speak for himself I would like to see these guys race and crash every race. Who on earth likes team orders beside the teams themselves :p

But well the hope is completly gone now Red Bull and Ferrari could ever catch Mercedes this season. Impressive how Nico could dominate the race with a damaged car after starting 7th. Nice work by Button salvage a 6th place. Annoyed by Hulk the blocker. Manor catching a point so Sauber will for sure not gain any bonus money this season based on performance.  Despite Nasr actually making a good race but still not enough.

Jul 3, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #2,638 of 3,854
  Speak for himself I would like to see these guys race and crash every race. Who on earth likes team orders beside the teams themselves :p

But well the hope is completly gone now Red Bull and Ferrari could ever catch Mercedes this season. Impressive how Nico could dominate the race with a damaged car after starting 7th. Nice work by Button salvage a 6th place. Annoyed by Hulk the blocker. Manor catching a point so Sauber will for sure not gain any bonus money this season based on performance.  Despite Nasr actually making a good race but still not enough.

A lot is going to depend on how Bernie re allocates the money this year. I can hear the SCUD crying already:)

Jul 4, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #2,639 of 3,854
A lot is going to depend on how Bernie re allocates the money this year. I can hear the SCUD crying already:)

Its not for this year, they have contract till 2020. So all the talk is for beyond 2020 & it might happen things might not change but he gets good contract for himself, I see it as bullying tactics.

Jul 4, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #2,640 of 3,854
...here I am wondering if the next time Hamilton runs Nico out of room they'll penalize him. Not likely, and the Hamilton nuts think this is convincing evidence that proves his ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back