For those which have heard both is there a clear winner? HE-6 / LCD 2
Jul 11, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #181 of 185
The LCD can be stretched just like the HE6.  They can be compressed back if you over do it.  Removing the wood  housing from the yoke will make it easier to compress the headband.

Jul 11, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #182 of 185

Quote:

Mmmm... sweet salty. Wait, MSG?
eek.gif

Yes, monosodium glutamate.  That distinct and wonderful salty sweet taste.

And MSG isn't unhealthy nor gives migraines.  If you don't believe in the myth, ignore the previous sentence and carry on with the thread
wink_face.gif

Jul 11, 2011 at 4:27 AM Post #183 of 185
MSG makes me bloat up, happens every time.

Jul 11, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #184 of 185

Quote:
I'm exaggerating the bassiness of guitars, but the idea is I think there is too much bass impact on the LCD-2.  The LCD-2 is a lot more balanced on my setup but is unbearably warm on a 160D and treble was almost nonexistent.  I would not go as far as to say that the LCD-2 is dark, but just VERY VERY warm.  Warm usually sounds fun to me initially then gets monotonous as I continue listening.  I enjoy my music from beginning to end with analytical sound, although the initial "wow" factor might be lower.  Grado is like salty chips while the LCD-2 is like candy.  Candy gets too sweet after awhile but salty foods are too salty for some.  Some people like salty, some like sweet, HE-6 is like MSG salty with hint of sweetness.  Hope you get my analogy.

Just goes to show YMMV...  I don't find the LCD warm at all.  But if you find the HE6 neutral, that would make sense.  My perception is the opposite, the LCD is neutral and the HE6 is bright tilted.  

MSG.  LOL.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jul 12, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #185 of 185
Originally I was not over impressed with the HE-6's. I preferred the LCD's and the T1's. Since then the HE-6's have had a lot of burn in on a speaker amp (now sold) and seem to have greatly improved. Now I can't really separate either one.

The LCD are definitely the best for vocals although the others are very good as well. They also have a full bodied rich powerful presentation that I also love. They have great presence in the midrange and bass that's makes the highs seem more recessed than they actually are.

We have all heard how good the bass is and I have to agree but I do have one issue with the bass. If I listen to a bassy song with a lot of fast and deep bass it can sound a bit muddy down there. I feel the reason for this is because the soundstage is not large and its trying to squeeze a lot of bass into a small area. Sorry I can't think of a better way of saying it.
In those instances I prefer the T1's or HE-6's.
I am not a soundstage freak but after hearing the soundstage of the T1's I have come to appreciate it more.

I also find the LCD's only a smidgen darker than the HE-6's with the T1's being very slightly brighter still. I would not call any of them bright or dark. Note however that my LCD's are balanced with a silver cable which may make a difference.
Now the HD650's are dark and most Grados are bright!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back