For those of you who don't live with your parents
Feb 5, 2007 at 9:55 AM Post #3 of 48
About once every two weeks.

Feb 5, 2007 at 10:42 AM Post #7 of 48
My mom calls me about once in a month or two months. My dad never calls me. I call them only if I need to tell I'm visiting them or something else that needs to be told. We get along well but I don't feel very close to my dad. It would be very annoying if my parents called me every day or even a couple times a week. My life is so boring I have nothing to tell even in 2-month cycles!

Feb 5, 2007 at 11:00 AM Post #8 of 48
Every week sometimes but mostly every fortnight. It'd be bad to leave it more than two weeks since we live on opposite sides of the world and phone calls are the only regular contact we have.

Feb 5, 2007 at 12:07 PM Post #10 of 48
It's usually every couple of weeks or so, but since I've started keeping a blog, they know what I'vebeen up to, and can be relatively sure that I've not fallen down a well or something. That has rather decreased the frequency of the calls.

Feb 5, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #11 of 48
I talk to both of my parents at least twice a day! I usually forget to tell them something from the first phone call - LOL

My mom is my best friend and it seems that there is always something going on in each of our lives everyday to talk about.

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #12 of 48
My father remarried within six months after my mother's death six years ago. My stepmother is quite a different person from my mother. She's heavily involved with her own family and has pretty much taken over Dad's life. Neither my sister and her husband nor my wife and I find it pleasant being around her; every time she has been around my wife she has made my wife cry (and that's unusual). And Dad now forgets where the phone is (unless it's ringing), much less phone numbers for the rest of us. I keep in touch to monitor their health and see if they need anything I can provide. Otherwise, not much I can do about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back