For those of you who don't live with your parents
Feb 5, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #16 of 48
Geez, this is a depressing topic...
frown.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #18 of 48
I'm at college and go home usually every other weekend, I talk to my mom at least once, most of the time twice, a day. I only talk to my dad when I'm home on weekends. Sometimes through the week though, but he's usually really busy.

Feb 5, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #22 of 48
I talk to either my Mom and Dad every few days. Probably at least once a day via email though, since that's easier than calling
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #23 of 48
I said one per week, but sometimes it's once every 2 weeks or so. There is no pattern as such.

Feb 5, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #24 of 48
I never call them and they never call anybody!

I do see them nearly every Sunday as they come to eat with us at our home.

My wife speaks with her parents several times per day and yep we have been married nearly 25 years lol

Feb 5, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #25 of 48
I'm still living at home, but I'm moving out in the next two months, so I figured I'd pipe in now and see how things pan out in reality...

I'm thinking I'll end up talking to my mom or dad once a week on the phone, and probably come to visit every other week or so (girlfriend and buddies all still living in my hometown). At least I hope I do. I get a long well with my parents (and sister) and it would be a shame if I let myself lose touch.

Feb 5, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #26 of 48
I speak with my mom once every one or two weeks, and she is the one who is calling me. I will call only if I have something important to inform. Our discussions are quite swift, 5-10min.

My GF speaks with her mom more often, at least once a week, and the call lasts for 2-3 hours.

I moved away five years ago...

Feb 5, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #27 of 48
2-3 times a month. We'd talk more often if it wasn't long distance, I keep sending them a link to Skype so we can talk more often but they never d/l and I keep paying for long distance rates.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #28 of 48
About once a week, but sometimes more (if there's some particular news to talk about) or less (if I'm busy and I forget).

Feb 5, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #29 of 48
I live at home, but my brother is junior in college and doesnt live with us. They talk on the phone multiple times a day and I talk to him on the phone a few times a day and we always IM each other. Seems like everyone in my family calls each other pretty much every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back