For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Mar 15, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #18,601 of 20,884
Then I feel sorry for your generation. :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
(my wife saw them (Muse) live at a concert, and she says they are that good)

Cheers! :wink:

Then your wife has no taste...😜 Muse are literally famous for having some of the best live sound out there. This has even been mentioned by the likes of Steven Wilson (the god of production himself) and, wait for it, Roger Waters. Waters was asked what bands and artists he felt were carrying forth PF's legacy of redefining musical boundaries and he mentioned Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree, The Pineapple Thief, Muse, and a couple others as being the new vanguards of innovation in rock. So I'll go ahead and stand by my statement...

Great show tonight, but the hangout afterwards was beginning to get a little sketchy so I decided to head back to my room. Super rockstar of me, right? 😂 Anyways, I've got the DCA Expanse running off the SMSL VMV P2 with the Gustard R26 pulling DAC and streamer duties.

On deck in my queue is AVKRVST's album from this past summer, The Approbation. I ran across this album about a month after it dropped while going through InsideOutMusic's label release page on Qobuz. I had heard the band's material before, but hadn't listened in a while. I remember being quite impressed with this album as a solid prog-metal effort and now is a perfect time to revisit it and see how it sits with me this time around.

To those about to rock, I salute you! 🤘😎

Mar 15, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #18,602 of 20,884
Ultrasone PRO 780i . . . <--V222 . . . <--SMSL D400EX . . . <-- . . . Apple Music:

1710553425183.png
[Symphony No. 4 in E-Flat Major, WAB 104 (Haas Edition)]

After seeing you listening to this and apparently sticking with it through the whole album it got me intrigued. I'm gonna have to give it a spin. I've heard Bruckner before (Symphs. No 4 and D Minor are standouts for me), but haven't in a while and I'd love to revisit it. With that in mind, would snagging this album from HiResAudio be a good call or is their a better source for it I should be looking at? Link below for reference.

https://www.highresaudio.com/en/alb...ner-complete-symphonies-edition-11-symphonies

Mar 15, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #18,603 of 20,884
1710561271346.png

Grado HF2 (TTVJ pads) < Nitsch Pietus Max < NewOntech Dac7

Mar 16, 2024 at 12:55 AM Post #18,605 of 20,884
Wow, I must have been living under a rock. Just had my head ripped off my head. Fire, complexity and something undefinable. Amazing musicianship. Thanks for posting this!
I had pretty much the same experience - an amazing album

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:03 AM Post #18,607 of 20,884
Pics Cut_20243160590305.png

One of my favorites! 😍

K340 Electrostat-Dynamic-System (green drivers) stock < Schiit LYR 3 (EH 6SN7 tube) < Loxjie D30 < Amazon Music HD.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #18,608 of 20,884
Went ahead and switched to some IEMs for another balcony sesh in the wee hours. My bassist brought a couple of cigars over and we each rec'd an album for the other to try while we kick it and smoke. For the occasion, I decided to go with my SoftEars Twilights running off the Cayin N8ii. The Twilights are really great as making just about anything sound enjoyable so I figured they'd be a good pick for a potential unknown.

On deck for this session is an album my bassist came across on Bandcamp: Firebird by Dirt Poor Robins (released 2024). I'm only a couple tracks in, but I'm diggin' what I'm hearing. The music is hard to quantify genre-wise. It has some progressive elements, some synth elements, some poppy hooks, and a female vocalist who's voice I'm already sold on. The production quality is also pretty darn good. I can't wait to see how this album progresses. Props to my bassist for an unexpectedly great pick. 🤘😎

Mar 16, 2024 at 1:12 AM Post #18,609 of 20,884
Pics Cut_20243160590305.png
One of my favorites! 😍

K340 Electrostat-Dynamic-System (green drivers) stock < Schiit LYR 3 (EH 6SN7 tube) < Loxjie D30 < Amazon Music HD.

🤘🤘🤘🤘 Sabbath + K340s = an automatic good time!

Mar 16, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #18,611 of 20,884
Electronic music morning, great new release from this Belgian artist with Chinese roots. Chinese vocals in the album and it's quite cool even of I don't understand.

Kinera Verdandi + HIBY R8 II

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #18,612 of 20,884
Then your wife has no taste...😜
Hahahahaha...Roger Waters (is a dick, hahaha) can't speak from the perspective of a fan :)

If he said Muse is a greater band than Floyd, it would be completely different.
My wife was in the first row at their concert...and she probably bought the ticket first when it went on sale :)
That was years before we met :)

Hey...Muse is great...but so is THE CULT...Sisters of Mercy...Pearl jam...and so many more from the '90s...If you compared Muse to them...but to Floyd...hahahaha
No band can be compared to Floyd :wink:

Just like no one can be compared to Diego Armando Maradona...and TESLA (not the car:wink:.) :)

Cheers man...I am having a bit of fun...all cool!

I like Muse...they're great...but not even close to Pink Floyd, hahahaha

Cheers!

P.S. I like your enthusiasm and posts :wink:

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Mar 16, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #18,613 of 20,884
On the HarmonicDyne Zeus Elite.

Like garbage trucks being thrown into a giant wood chipper. And sometimes you can groove to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back