For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Mar 2, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #18,106 of 21,270
IMG_3495.jpeg
ZMF Auteur- Liquid Platinum.
Enjoying this African music, perfect for late night listening.

Mar 2, 2024 at 1:32 AM Post #18,107 of 21,270
Screenshot_20240302_010453_Amazon Music.jpg

Stone Temple Pilots
I just received a pair of bass heavy (black drivers) K340's. I now own the Green, Red and Black ones. 😍😍😍 I just need to get a pair of grey ones for a Full house. 🎧🎼🎧🤪 Initial impressions: Bass Heavy! 😉

K340 Electrostat-Dynamic-System (Black driver) bass heavy stock < Schiit LYR 3 (EH 6SN7 tube) < Loxjie D30 < Amazon Music HD.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 1:45 AM Post #18,108 of 21,270
Amazon Music Unlimited >> SMSL SU9 >> SMSL SH9 >> Grado RS-1x :musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note:

thelikesofus.jpg

The Likes Of Us (2024) by Big Big Train - Happy release day! New album with a new singer and I LOVE IT!!! I've been listening to it now for the last four hours and it just keeps getting better. The new vocalist, Alberto Bravin (ex. PFM) sounds quite different to the late David Longdon (RIP) and it seems to me that the new guy has given the band a bit more energy and they are sounding better than ever. So far 2024 has given up some incredible releases and this one is right up there with the best.
I went with the SMSL stack and the RS-1x for maximum detail retrieval and the tone is pretty sweet too. :darthsmile:
I'm listening this now. I'm only a couple minutes in and so far, I'm very pleased with their work. Thanks for the recommendation 😀

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #18,109 of 21,270
JRiver MC (PC) >> SMSL SU9 >> SMSL SH9 >> Denon AH-D7200 :L3000:

rio.jpg

Rio (2023) by Trevor Rabin - While I liked his work in Yes, it was still Yes, whereas this album really shows what he can do and he definitely flexes his fingers and vocal cords to get the utmost out of them. The music is almost too varied, probably due to his film score work and goes from blistering guitar solos to country picking and most things in between and no matter what he's playing, the vocals are really strong. Speaking of vocals, I started out using the Grado RS-1x but his vocals were too shouty, so I switched to the Denons and even they are only just able to tame them, it must have been one hell of a hot mix, which is a shame because the music is really good. :darthsmile:

Mar 2, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #18,111 of 21,270
Fiio R9 > Austrian Audio Composer

Angela Aki - 手紙~拝啓 十五の君へ

Mar 2, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #18,113 of 21,270
Currently running a pair of Hifiman OG HE6 (six screw w/ hex grills installed) off of my Ferrum Oor/Hypsos stack with a Schiit Audio Yggy pulling DAC duty. I didn't feel like plugging into my Parasound speaker amp and, TBH, with the Oor/Hypsos' ability to adjust things like voltage I don't often feel the need to anymore.

At the top of this evening's queue is Karcius' 2022 effort entitled Grey White Silver Yellow and Gold (That's right. No Commas). These guys are one of my favorite prog-metal outifts. Sylvain Auclair's vocals on this album are really next level with his husky timbre and ability to yell/scream while maintaining key and stability. This album and the band are definitely worth checking out!

To those about to rock, I salute you! 🤘😎

a0380706054_65.jpeg
Enjoyed that a lot. From there I went to

https://songwhip.com/ninestonesclose/leaves

And

https://songwhip.com/smalltape/the-hungry-heart

Mar 2, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #18,120 of 21,270
Which tube do you use in your Vali 2++? I use a WE 396A that I like. A GE 5 Star 5670 comes in second place.

I'm currently using a JAN GE 5670W, and honestly, I've never felt the need to experiment with other tubes since getting this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back