For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Feb 19, 2024 at 7:49 AM Post #17,731 of 20,951
Yggy/V222/GS3000x (Great combo by the way). 1st up this morning, a bit of Modern (Avant Garde?) Jazz.....

1708346941285.png

Feb 19, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #17,732 of 20,951
Each time I get back on the HEKS, they impress me so much, and completely dwarfs the other headphones I have 😁 Both in sound and comfort! Absolutely love them.
Been playing a recommendation from this thread, and it's been a complete joy.
United State of Mind, on the HEKS, Roger and R7 :)
Screenshot_20240219-144139.png

Feb 19, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #17,733 of 20,951
Dipping my toes into the waters of IEMs with the Kiwi Ears Orchestra Lite.

Orchestra Lite < Mojo 2 < Roon < PC

a3984457623_65

Goose, Ted Tapes 2024. On the one hand, Goose is shameless about how liberally they borrow from their influences (the lead guitarist may as well just be playing Trey Anastasio's actual guitar since he totally ripped off Trey's tone). On the other, I can't deny how dang well they execute on those obvious influences. Genuine energy in their live releases.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #17,736 of 20,951
Back on the bus and back on the move and that always means a lot of music listening. Earlier today I was checking some recordings I did while working on some new songs and I just decided to keep the AKG K872s on and plug into my Cayin N8ii to listen to some music.

At the top of my queue currently is the instrumental version of A Lot Like Birds' 2019 album, No Place. I love listening to instrumental songs when I want to relax and let my mind get lost in the intricacies of the music and this album is particularly good for that. There's plenty of detail and musical prowess to get lost in, but this album also makes generous use of atmospherics, reverb, textures, and microdynamics which contributes to the explorable nature of the sonic landscape, if that makes sense. Bassist Mike Littlefield really does a spectacular job showing off just how versatile a bassist can be while still staying within the pocket and laying down a solid foundation. As a drummer, I love to play with bassists like him. Definitely worth a listen, IMO.

a1458632438_10.jpg

Feb 19, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #17,737 of 20,951
Back on the bus and back on the move and that always means a lot of music listening. Earlier today I was checking some recordings I did while working on some new songs and I just decided to keep the AKG K872s on and plug into my Cayin N8ii to listen to some music.

At the top of my queue currently is the instrumental version of A Lot Like Birds' 2019 album, No Place. I love listening to instrumental songs when I want to relax and let my mind get lost in the intricacies of the music and this album is particularly good for that. There's plenty of detail and musical prowess to get lost in, but this album also makes generous use of atmospherics, reverb, textures, and microdynamics which contributes to the explorable nature of the sonic landscape, if that makes sense. Bassist Mike Littlefield really does a spectacular job showing off just how versatile a bassist can be while still staying within the pocket and laying down a solid foundation. As a drummer, I love to play with bassists like him. Definitely worth a listen, IMO.

a1458632438_10.jpg
No Nuture gotta be a top 5 song for me in the posthardcore genre. Such a good album.

Feb 19, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #17,738 of 20,951
No Nuture gotta be a top 5 song for me in the posthardcore genre. Such a good album.

Definitely. I ran across A Lot Like Birds basically totally at random when Qobuz played through an album I was listening to a few years back and Think Dirty Out Loud off of Conversation Piece came up in the random shuffle afterwards. It got my attention and I started exploring their other releases just before DIVISI came out. I've been a fan ever since. 🤘😎

Feb 19, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #17,741 of 20,951
IMG_6629.jpeg
Laufey - Bewitched

Sza / RU7 / Qobuz

Enjoying the 75 degree weather in the backyard with this most excellent pop jazz album. Stunning vocals and the blue bird just shines on every front.

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #17,742 of 20,951
Switched to IEMs for more noise isolation. I went with the MMR Thummims running off my Cayin N8ii which is pulling DJ duty for this sesh.

On deck in my current queue is bohemianvoodoo's 2012 album entitled Scenes. This album is chock full of laid back and oh-so-cool jazz. It definitely has a contemporary jazz feel to it without the boring character of elevator music many associate with the genre. The bass lines are tight and swingin', the guitar solos are played with a bit of fuzz and crunch, and the drummer isn't relegated to barely tapping on an undersized kit. Basically, this is a modern jazz album that's easy to enjoy for basically anyone who likes to listen to musicians who have mastered their craft and have fun showing that off. I only came across these guys fairly recently and I definitely dig their style. 😎

a1252297810_10.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2024 at 8:11 PM Post #17,743 of 20,951
IMG_3477.jpeg
Well done live album. Acoustic set followed by electric set, well recorded for its age.
ZMF Auteurs- Liquid Platinum

Feb 19, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #17,744 of 20,951
IMG_3478.jpeg
Vintage Doors. Auteur - LP have this covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back