For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Mar 18, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #11,506 of 21,350
Been listening to this album for 22 years now, will definitely be listening to it for the next 22 years too :beyersmile:
Never getting bored of Tool, remember a classmate introduced me to Tool with Schism when it came out. Found a new favourite band then :beerchug:

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #11,507 of 21,350
Never getting bored of Tool, remember a classmate introduced me to Tool with Schism when it came out. Found a new favourite band then :beerchug:
I saw the Schism video on the Kerrang TV channel and was completely blown away, I'd never really taken much notice of them before that - been a big fan ever since :ksc75smile:

Mar 18, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #11,508 of 21,350
A band I was in had a Tool cover band(a good one) in the next rehearsal studio from us, always nice hearing their grinding on when taking a break from our own upcoming set list :)

Mar 18, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #11,509 of 21,350
Lcd-x --canopener--sonarworks

Screen Shot 2023-03-18 at 5.24.08 PM.png

Mar 18, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #11,511 of 21,350
Rs2e<mojo2<fiio m11

Giving the new grados something sweet to feast on

Fare_Forward_Voyagers.jpg

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #11,512 of 21,350
Mike Oldfield “Tubular Bells II” > Sony CD Walkman “side note this portable has optical out” > Monoprice Electrostatic amp and phones

Mar 18, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #11,514 of 21,350
Still testing out this DDC business, so going Apple Music - > Iris -> Sony TAZ -> GSX mini - > Diana V2

I was 13 when this album came out, I kicked and screamed until I got my parents to agree to let me walk downtown (small town) for the midnight release of the new Guns albums at the local record shop.
I feel like I'm succumbing to a pretty unreasonable level of placebo for material I know this well, or actually getting the signal out of USB is an audible improvement. Jury still out if I'm just under snake oil spell or not.

1679188049116.png

Mar 18, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #11,515 of 21,350
Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 9.34.03 PM.png

Apple Music (16/44.1) > SU-9N > SH-9 > Focal Clear

Mar 18, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #11,516 of 21,350
Current rig: DCA Stealth plugged into the GS-X Mini with the Gustard R26 decoding all the bits from my laptop.

Watching the sun come up to one of the best albums from the 90s grunge period, 1991's eponymous release by Temple of the Dog. If you have been living under a rock for the last 32 years and have never heard this album you need to get on it pronto!

I had (the best) high school History teacher who would frequently go on not-class-related tangents when in class. (he was quite a character and awesome guy) He randomly went on a tangent about how he and his buddies used to sit around and listen to Temple of the Dog, how it was one of the best rock albums ever released, how if we had never listened to it we NEEDED to hear it and we should look it up, how Chris Cornell was one of the greatest singers ever, etc. I think that's the first time I had ever heard of the album. (of course I listened to it afterwards)

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #11,517 of 21,350
I had (the best) high school History teacher who would frequently go on not-class-related tangents when in class. (he was quite a character and awesome guy) He randomly went on a tangent about how he and his buddies used to sit around and listen to Temple of the Dog, how it was one of the best rock albums ever released, how if we had never listened to it we NEEDED to hear it and we should look it up, how Chris Cornell was one of the greatest singers ever, etc. I think that's the first time I had ever heard of the album. (of course I listened to it afterwards)

What can I say? Your high school history teacher was right about that one. I knew Chris Cornell was a great singer just from listening to albums, but hearing him live is like watching a force of nature. He was just a really captivating perfirmer. When many people think of vocalists from the grunge era Kurt Cobain is often the image that pops up first, but for me it has always been Cornell. 😎

Mar 19, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #11,519 of 21,350
These have been in the family since before I was born. My dad used these to record his own music onto reel-to-reel and I presume also to listen to records to. I also used these a lot as a kid to listen to records and record cassette tape music. They're really bad by today's standards. Very tinny, no bass, easily sibilant, weird timbre, not much detail separation, etc. But they're fun to listen to occasionally and laugh and remind oneself how good we have it in the modern age.

I did improve the sound by using the tone controls but eventually had to take them off my head since my ears were easily fatigued by them.

LG V40 > Kimber Cable > NAD 3020 > Pioneer SE-20A 8(ohm)

Attachments

• Vintage 1.jpg
    Vintage 1.jpg
    920.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Vintage 2.jpg
    Vintage 2.jpg
    736.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back