For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Sep 3, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #6,511 of 21,410
To anyone who may be planning to demo the DCA Stealths, if you'd like to hear a great album that sounds truly epic on the Stealths you might want to take a listen to Innocence and Danger by The Neal Morse Band. It's available in hi-res from Qobuz and the Stealths just nail it!

Current listening setup: DCA Stealth into the Ferrum Oor/Hypsos stack combined with the Gustard X26 DAC being fed bit-perfect audio from Qobuz

Attachments

• Nmb_innocence_danger.jpg
    Nmb_innocence_danger.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 0
Sep 3, 2022 at 1:54 AM Post #6,512 of 21,410
To anyone who may be planning to demo the DCA Stealths, if you'd like to hear a great album that sounds truly epic on the Stealths you might want to take a listen to Innocence and Danger by The Neal Morse Band. It's available in hi-res from Qobuz and the Stealths just nail it!

Current listening setup: DCA Stealth into the Ferrum Oor/Hypsos stack combined with the Gustard X26 DAC being fed bit-perfect audio from Qobuz
Pretty sure that album would sound amazing no matter what you listen through

Sep 3, 2022 at 2:34 AM Post #6,513 of 21,410
JRiver MC (PC) > SMSL SU9 > SMSL SH9 > AKG K702 /w bass port mod

therainmaker.jpg

The Rainmaker by The Flower Kings - More excellent prog-rock from Sweden, led by the obscenely talented singer and guitarist Roine Stolt. Their music while contemporary definitely has influences from bands such as Yes, King Crimson, Gentle Giant and early Genesis. :L3000:

Sep 3, 2022 at 2:40 AM Post #6,514 of 21,410
Pretty sure that album would sound amazing no matter what you listen through

No doubt, but the Stealths sound like they were made for listening to it. Everything sounds so authoritative and clean. If you ever get the chance to listen to this combo I think you'd hear what I mean.

Sep 3, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #6,517 of 21,410
AKG K812 Pros plugged into my Burson Timekeeper 3i listening to Muzz's eponymous album from 2020 which is still their only full length release unless I'm mistaken. If you like Joy Division, Interpol, and other bands with that kinda melancholic indie rock sound then you should give this album a listen.
Thanks for the tip, like it. Reminds me of Lambchop.

Sep 3, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #6,518 of 21,410
RME ADI-2 (AKM) > Burson Soloist (V6 Classic OP Amps) > Focal Utopia

Sep 3, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #6,519 of 21,410
Sivga SV023 < SMSL M500.3

upload_2022-9-2_14-18-14.png

https://open.qobuz.com/album/sgp2wafw4muib

This is a beautiful jazz album by a young and talented vocalist. Well played and crafted numbers throughout. Cecile's voice is amazing, great range from a deep chest voice to a jazz soprano head voice especially well demonstrated on the title track. I stumbled across this work a while ago -- later I realized how lucky I was.

On the Sivga-Smsl duo, I liked how well the kickdrums were defined while having good weight ('You Bring Out the Savage in Me'), and the double bass had excellent articulation and could be easily distinguished from the kickdrums regardless of their overlapping frequencies ('John Henry').
Listening to this right now with the 3000x. A real gem! Great voice, great recording, great musicianship. Love the clarity of the bass. Thanks so much for sharing this recommendation!! I will be listening to her whole catalog in the coming days.

Leo

Sep 3, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #6,520 of 21,410
Screenshot_20220903-101638_Amazon Music.jpg

Steve Hackett, This recent debut live Album is so good that I'm having another 2 hr 20 min listening session. 😁 while I'm at work.
V-Moda Crossfade 1 XL pads / Smart phone

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #6,521 of 21,410
Sivga SV023 < SMSL M500.3

upload_2022-9-3_10-33-51.png

https://open.qobuz.com/album/pwbac2aqdj24b

Being into jazz recently, I learned great jazz can sometimes be done by very minimalistic components. This live recording from Charlie Haden and Brad Mehldau's performance (at the Enjoy Jazz Festival in 2007) excellently proved it right. Unbelievably chill music from just two instruments.. A piano and a double bass. That's it.

On the Sivga-Smsl duo, Brad's piano was pushed forward at me a little more than I used to hear with my other audio pieces. Never wrong or annoying by any means. Perfectly enjoyable. I also love how my audio could reproduce Charlie's double bass: particularly, sublime heft and leading-edge definition.

Sep 3, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #6,523 of 21,410
ATH-W1000X Grandioso << Topping EX5 << iFi iPurifier 2 << Bob Marley / Legend

I have the Legend set as well. When I need a little Bob Marley in my life it's my go to studio pick. If I want something live I have a box set of the Live At The Rainbow shows from 1-4 June 1977 on SACD that's awesome as well. You should check them out if you get a chance. Most streaming platforms I have demoed seem to have them and Qobuz (maybe others too) has it in hi-res if you're into that. Either way, nice pick!

Sep 3, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #6,524 of 21,410

Users who are viewing this thread

Back