For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Mar 23, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #18,856 of 20,662

LTA MZ3-> Abyss Diana TC
Mind boggling good combo!

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #18,857 of 20,662
Swapping over to ZMF Verite Open for this, two tracks in and this is intense death/doom metal. :metal:

https://listen.20buckspin.com/album/maze-envy

1711230481398.png

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #18,858 of 20,662
roon >> SMSL SU9 >> Schiit Asgard 3 >> Sennheiser HD800S :musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note::musical_note:

sheetmusic.jpg

Sheet Music (1974) by 10cc - They had great success as a pop band in the 70's but they were so much more, brilliant musically, vocally (all 4 of them) and lyrically plus their records were all superbly recorded and mixed (they owned their own studio), they were literally Britain's answer to Steely Dan. This album is absolutely full of classic songs such as Wall Street Shuffle, Silly Love, Clockwork Creep and Somewhere in Hollywood, it's an album I've played regularly since it's release 50 years ago and I never get tired of it. The HD800S are perfect for this album as there is so much going on and it all opens up with these headphones and they still managed to keep my toes a tappin'. :darthsmile:

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #18,863 of 20,662
After witnessing @Leonarfd enjoying the Campfire Audio Bonnevilles and reading his review, I decided that I needed to try a pair for myself. They were supposed to show up at my hotel Friday, but there was a delay so they didn't make an appearance until Saturday afternoon and I didn't get a chance to give them a shot until now. I'm running the Bonnevilles through my Cayin N8ii. I've only got two albums under my belt with them so impressions will have to wait.

Up next in my pre-vampire sleepy time queue is Polyphia's 2014 release, Muse. I know all of Polyphia's albums inside and out and they can be great for testing various aspects of technical performance from a new transducer. They also happen to be chock full of great tracks for the most part so this one's a win-win in my current situation.

Since this is likely to be my last post before I grab some Z's, I'll go ahead and wish you all a good night or good day depending on where you are. 🤘😎

Mar 24, 2024 at 12:35 AM Post #18,864 of 20,662
iMac > Qobuz > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE > Schiit Valhalla 2 w/ Matched + High Gain Genalex Gold Lion E88CC / 6922 Preamp Vacuum Tubes > Sennheiser HD6XX

I stumbled on Plini not long ago, wow! Where do I start... Its virtuoso guitar, esoteric, fusion, Jazz, math rock, prog rock all rolled into one.

Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 12.45.58 AM.png

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #18,865 of 20,662
Qobuz >> roon >> SMSL SU9 >> SMSL SH9 >> HiFiMAN HE400i (2017)

messengersquest.jpg

Messenger's Quest (2024) by Triton Project - A great recommendation this time from @stenog for this absolutely epic piece of prog-rock. Just five tracks make up this concept album that tells the tale of a messenger carrying a letter from the king to some distant outpost. It's moody and magnificent, great musicianship and superb vocals and even the longest track (28mins) doesn't drag, it's a brand new favourite of mine. Giving the Sennys a rest tonight and the HE400i's are doing a decent job with this album and those I've listened to before it, they are my little miracles, a pair of HiFiMAN headphones still going strong after seven years. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #18,866 of 20,662
Swapping over to ZMF Verite Open for this, two tracks in and this is intense death/doom metal. :metal:
Very intense indeed! And it kept growing more through the album, excellent! I had to resort to listening to Diana Krall's 'Sway' to come down a bit after!

And now listening to a debut album from Ocean's edge - quite solid.

Mar 24, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #18,867 of 20,662
Very intense indeed! And it kept growing more through the album, excellent! I had to resort to listening to Diana Krall's 'Sway' to come down a bit after!

And now listening to a debut album from Ocean's edge - quite solid.

I'm enjoying this, a nice bit of Greek metal before going to bed 12 hours late :darthsmile:

Mar 24, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #18,869 of 20,662
SMSL SU9 -> Schiit Folkvangr -> ZMF Auteur

IMG_9411.jpeg

The Apple Music ATMOS mix on this sounds amazing with this setup, absolutely huge head stage and crazy imaging.

I just popped in a new pair of preamp tubes in the Folkvangr, a pair of GE 5670 JAN NOS with some adapters, picked them up from tube depot tested for balanced triodes, matched pair, and high gain, I’m getting some crazy hard hitting deep bass out of the Autuers with this setup this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back