For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Mar 22, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #18,826 of 21,026
AüR Audio Alita + HIBY R8 II
Beautiful piano and violin playing by the Polish duo, would call it a fusion of jazz and contemporary classical.

DSCF4688.jpg

Mar 22, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #18,831 of 21,026

Borderpatrol dac se-i-> LTA MZ3-> Abyss Diana TC
Holographic imaging that moves me.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2024 at 11:03 PM Post #18,834 of 21,026
Miles Davis - Miles in the Sky
IMG_6991.jpeg
Neo 5 / RU7 / iPad Pro / Qobuz

Drank a soda with some funny ingredients and now it’s time for a night of jazz with the purple guys for a review. The Neo 5 is an excellent pick for jazz imo, very nice laidback, stereo-like presentation. I know nothing about jazz, but this album is hitting right and I’m ready to change that!

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:12 AM Post #18,835 of 21,026
Listening in the wee hours once again while we're on the home stretch to our hotel (should be there in about two hours). Right now I've got the DCA Stealths running off a Schiit Magnius with my Cayin N8ii in line out mode.

On deck in my queue is a sick album from 2017, In A World Of Fear by Scale The Summit. This album is all about layer up on layer of technical musicianship executed on a high level and melded together to make a musical composition with something in it for anyone to love. It's got technical drumming that's also nuanced and melodic. The bassist flits effortlessly from humble rhythm keeping to powerful licks underpinning and even carrying the melody. Sweeping melodies and chugging, crunchy chords set the mood for songs that speak to the listener without the need for lyrics. Scale The Summit are a brilliant group without the pretensions that ruin similar groups in the genre for me. I can't recommend their work any more highly. 🤘😎

Mar 23, 2024 at 3:14 AM Post #18,836 of 21,026
Qobuz >> roon >> SMSL SU9 >> SMSL SH9 >> Sennheiser HD800S

v.jpg

V (2015) by Scale The Summit - Following on from the recommendation from @JAnonymous5150 which wasn't available on Qobuz or Tidal, I went with their previous album and it's also very very good. I'm mostly experimenting with Qobuz and roon rather than having a serious listening session but I've been stopped a few times and forced to listen to the music because it's hard to ignore. I've added a 4.5db bass shelf filter @ 60Hz in roon's parametric equaliser and both my HD800S and RS-1x are much, much happier again as it fills in the sub-bass roll off. The more I play with roon the more impressed I am, I've got it sounding spectacularly good, looking great and building a combined library of my local files and Qobuz favourites and it's absolutely seamless - shame it's not a bit cheaper. :darthsmile:

Mar 23, 2024 at 4:52 AM Post #18,837 of 21,026
Woo WA3 > ZMF Atrium

"The Importance of Mr Bedlam" by Paradox Twin

img_3423-1.jpg

The Paradox Twin are a killer band! For me, you can pretty much throw one of their albums on whenever and I'll love it. Nice pick!

Listening to my last album on my desktop rig before I put in some IEMs and try to get a few hours sleep before I have to start my pre-show schedule. Right now I have the Focal Elex running off my SMSL VMV P2 with the Gustard R26 pulling DAC and streamer duties.

At the top of my winding down queue is Mestis' 2018 album entitled Eikasia. The way the chord progressions are as much a part of the melody as any of the individual riffs makes for a rich and layered sonic landscape that one can just kick back and enjoy on a superficial level or dive in a dissect it level by level until their heart's content. That quality alone makes for some very flexible, engaging, and thoroughly enjoyable listening that, for me at least, never seems to get old.

Before I hit they hay I'll go ahead and wish you all a good night or good day depending on where you are. 👍😎

1200x1200bb.jpg

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:32 AM Post #18,838 of 21,026
SP3000 with the Cayin C9 and LCD-5 convolution filter in Roon.

Part of me wished Audeze had tuned the LCD-5 the way the convolution filter (Mitch B) has it.

The Crystal Duet cable just a bit bright ; prefer the Norne Vykari v2. But it's what I was listening to at the time.

There's not a lot to be said that hasn't been said. The LCD-5 is a very accomplished headphone. Once you get past the quirks of the tuning ; it does most everything right.

Edit: apologies photo didn’t attach properly

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 6:33 AM Post #18,840 of 21,026
1001 Albums
Tears For Fears - Songs From The Chair
Szalayi / RU7 / iPhone PM 15 / Qobuz
IMG_6935.jpeg

What a friggin album, I love Tears for Fears so much. Have no problem relistening to this one. Early night since PT whooped me.

Edit - hot dang never listened to Tears for Fears on the Szalayi… what a perfect combo this sounds immaculate.
Master craftsmen on this album. I've listened to this album a 1,000 times and always, absolutely love it. Timeless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back