For those of us with multiple headphones, which ones are you listening with now?
Feb 29, 2024 at 1:55 AM Post #18,046 of 20,937
Hisenior Mega5EST + Tempotec V3

Starting to like this primitive and quirky DAP as my workday device, much better than dangling dongles of the phone while working.

Some great instrumental metal, new find for me. Bought after first streaming now 👌

1000026463.jpg

Feb 29, 2024 at 2:29 AM Post #18,047 of 20,937
JRiver MC (PC) >> SMSL SU9 >> SMSL SH9 >> Beyerdynamic DT1990 pro

accellerationtheoryparttwoannihilation.jpg

Acceleration Theory Part Two: Annihilation (2019) by In Continuum - Carrying on from last night's McStine & Minnemann session, this is a project put together by Dave Kerzner (keyboards) with Randy McStine on guitar, Marco Minnemann on drums, Gabriel Agudo on vocals and Matt Dorsey on bass plus there is also a list of guests that bring their varied talents to the party. The music isn't quirky this time, it's much more sensible neo-prog rock, written well and played beautifully. I played Part One earlier and this one wraps it up very nicely, the track, Annihilation is a twenty minute epic and it's a real doozy, has a bit of a Spock's Beard sound to it.
Simply picked up the DT1990's as I fancied a change and they suit this kind of music perfectly :darthsmile:

Feb 29, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #18,053 of 20,937
Hey,
If you haven't tried IEMs, if you have a chance to try, or if you can invest in some for a starter since you love Electronic music,
IEMs could bring you an impactful bass for less, way less money than you would find in headphones.

Just something to consider...if you haven't already :)

Enjoy!

Cheers!
Think I remember him writing it's due to his doctor advising him against iems. Maybe am mistaken.

Feb 29, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #18,056 of 20,937
On the Sivga Nightingale

"Senpai III" by Sithu Aye https://songwhip.com/sithuaye/senpai-iii Try ' A future with no colour ' neatly done, the whole album.

Has a whole anime thingy theme going with this apparently, but I have no clue about all that and enjoyed the music as standalone.

1000053446.jpg
This is pretty good. That whole polyphonic introduction with the dramatic wall of synths that mimic strings (maybe they are strings, I can't really tell), sustained piano chords, and fluid, higher-pitched piano ostinato sounds like some of the soundtrack music I listen to. Then the later introduction of the string melody that harmonizes with that electronic bassline is pretty nice too. I'm not a big fan of progressive metal or metal in general, so I sometimes thought the guitar and drum kit were too overpowering. This is certified weeb approved. :thumbsup:

Feb 29, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #18,057 of 20,937
This is pretty good. That whole polyphonic introduction with the dramatic wall of synths that mimic strings (maybe they are strings, I can't really tell), sustained piano chords, and fluid, higher-pitched piano ostinato sounds like some of the soundtrack music I listen to. Then the later introduction of the string melody that harmonizes with that electronic bassline is pretty nice too. I'm not a big fan of progressive metal or metal in general, so I sometimes thought the guitar and drum kit were too overpowering. This is certified weeb approved. :thumbsup:
Haha and I thought it shouldn't have been labelled prog metal at all..borderline it veers! But yeah lovely soundscape. Loved his guitar licks too.

Feb 29, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #18,059 of 20,937
On the Sivga Nightingale

"Senpai III" by Sithu Aye https://songwhip.com/sithuaye/senpai-iii Try ' A future with no colour ' neatly done, the whole album.

Has a whole anime thingy theme going with this apparently, but I have no clue about all that and enjoyed the music as standalone.

Looking at the album art you would expect something different 😅 but it's a nice find. In a few of the tracks there elements reminiscing of some anime songs, but on the rock side.

Listening to some Babymetal after that, on Beyerdynamic t1g2 Dekoni Elite Velour (bassmode) and Feliks Audio Echo. Perhaps what I expected when shared to listen to Senpai III.

1000026608.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #18,060 of 20,937
660S2 (Bal) - listening to the stereo, remastered version. Didn't care for the mono nearly as much...

1709224518610.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back