For iPhone users: How do you like it (so far)?
Feb 21, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #61 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danster.dk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys. Anyone know where I can get the cheapest Iphone (in Europe)?
I saw that the auctions on ebay.co.uk ended at about 310-320 pounds.

i am assuming you are in denmark, i always found apple store the cheapest, as everyone else was trying to make mark up via ebay.

does apple not have a danish outlet online, or wont they ship there?
confused.gif

Feb 25, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #63 of 84
contactflow: manage and scroll through your contacts (using their photos) like the coverflow idea!!

Fafoulon - ContactFlow
contact-full.png

cool.gif

tip: i use iphonehome.app to specify this application so that it launches on double click of home button = straight to visual contacts
wink.gif

[size=xx-small]jailbroken units only[/size]

Feb 25, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #64 of 84
Switching over to N82 within the next few days... we'll see how much I miss/don't miss my iPhone.

Feb 25, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #65 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
contactflow: manage and scroll through your contacts (using their photos) like the coverflow idea!!

Fafoulon - ContactFlow
contact-full.png

cool.gif

tip: i use iphonehome.app to specify this application so that it launches on double click of home button = straight to visual contacts
wink.gif

it's really cool apps like this that makes me want to JB my iphone...but i'm eagerly awaiting the SDK. if it doesn't give me what i want then i'll probably JB...hopefully the SDK is announced very very soon!

Feb 26, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #66 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Fafoulon - ContactFlow
contact-full.png

cool.gif

wink.gif

wow, is that a recent release quaddy, ill get on getting that working

i managed to get the remote touchpad/keyboard working on vista now, its useful when watching a film and stuff cause i just have the iphone in bed and the laptop across the room, a great app once you get it working!

Feb 26, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #67 of 84
I am getting a free iPhone today, it's from my friend, it's a bit broken (earpiece doesnt work) so it's basically an iTouch with Camera for me since I already have a phone.

Anyone here using an amp and Line-Out for the iPhone?

Feb 26, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #68 of 84
line out, yep

but no amp as yet as i dont own one, looking at the pico as an amp/DAC for laptop and an amp for the iphone cause its small

infact i just plugged my new d2000s into it!

Feb 26, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #69 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's really cool apps like this that makes me want to JB my iphone...but i'm eagerly awaiting the SDK. if it doesn't give me what i want then i'll probably JB...hopefully the SDK is announced very very soon!

why not jail break it? It is easily reversible and not that difficult.

Feb 26, 2008 at 6:43 AM Post #70 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why not jail break it? It is easily reversible and not that difficult.

i know...just a bit of a PITA and more time than i have at the moment...one of these days, probably.

Feb 26, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #71 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow, is that a recent release quaddy, ill get on getting that working

yes. day before yest.

dont be suprised if all your contacts dont show, cause it only populates the contacts with photos for the purpose of that application!

Feb 26, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #73 of 84
firmware's been updated to 1.1.4 today. perhaps in preparation for the SDK? i've heard some say that this is the last update before the SDK, which will require 1.2...in that case, the SDK might be a few weeks away.

Feb 26, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #74 of 84
After playing around with an iPhone at the Apple store during a few visits, I succumbed to the temptation and bought one a few months ago.

I have since sold it to a friend. I will not miss it because:

1. The touchscreen interface is cool at first, but the novelty gets old fast. I definitely prefer tactile feedback. Perhaps I'm getting old, but it's too gimmicky for me.

2. The phone quality (dropped calls, sound quality, etc.) is mediocre, at best. This has nothing to do with AT&T in this case because I've been with them for years and have great service quality on other phones I have.

3. It's reasonably decent as a media player, but I already have one.

4. It's got a way to go before it can be taken seriously as a business tool, which is what I really wanted in the first place, but even if the features and functionality were in place, the touchscreen would still be the dealbreaker for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back