For 6BL7 tube users
Aug 30, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #542 of 608
Just got my adapter, the vendor talked me out of getting the "For Elise Only" and I don't get why For Elise Only would not work on a Darkvoice, a 6as7 socket is a 6as7 socket...right? Am I missing something? anyway they sent me a dual 2293 to 6AS7 adapter.. o.O Dam Oriental Vendors!!! Have a very cute paper weight. And it doesnt even fit my darkvoice, base on adapter is too short.. so I'm double screwed.. anyways... my question is... Where can I find a double 6BL7 to 6AS7 adapter (Not from China)?? Are they extinct?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #543 of 608
Just got my adapter, the vendor talked me out of getting the "For Elise Only" and I don't get why For Elise Only would not work on a Darkvoice, a 6as7 socket is a 6as7 socket...right? Am I missing something? anyway they sent me a dual 2293 to 6AS7 adapter.. o.O Dam Oriental Vendors!!! Have a very cute paper weight. And it doesnt even fit my darkvoice, base on adapter is too short.. so I'm double screwed.. anyways... my question is... Where can I find a double 6BL7 to 6AS7 adapter (Not from China)?? Are they extinct?
You can contact Deyan who will make you an adapter to your specifications:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/2359glenn-studio.600110/page-1960

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #547 of 608
I believe the majority of us are using the 6bl7 to 6sn7 adapters made by Mrs. Xu with no issues. Mordy and myself are both using the same product. :)

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #548 of 608
I believe the majority of us are using the 6bl7 to 6sn7 adapters made by Mrs. Xu with no issues. Mordy and myself are both using the same product. :)
The GOTL amp I am using does not require any adapters for the 6 x 6BL7 tubes that I am using - standard octal sockets. I do have several adapters from China, but prefer the Bulgarian ones.
I do not know which adapters JKDJedi uses, but Deyan (eBay ein-sof) can custom make anything that you want. I have a number of adapters from him - among the more complicated are EL11 to C3g adapters as an example.

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #550 of 608
The GOTL amp I am using does not require any adapters for the 6 x 6BL7 tubes that I am using - standard octal sockets. I do have several adapters from China, but prefer the Bulgarian ones.
I do not know which adapters JKDJedi uses, but Deyan (eBay ein-sof) can custom make anything that you want. I have a number of adapters from him - among the more complicated are EL11 to C3g adapters as an example.
I knew him very well. I introduced him to Ken, and Ken introduced him to the GOTL society.

But both of us also know Ms. Xu. I did not aware that you don't have the 6bl to 6sn7 adapters for your previous amp. Sorry.

Aug 30, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #552 of 608
Just looking for a dual 6BL7 adapter. My Darkvoice has the one 6AS7 socket, so a dual setup would be the cats meow. If I read this thread right I would need the dual setup to compensate the power output of one 6AS7 tube. Anyway, I got a hold of Dejan and he doesn't want to take my money because the 6BL7 will fit in a 6AS7 socket ....feeling like I'm on a merry go round... :D but I want a dual socket adapter....is that wrong? :frowning2:
IMG_20190521_172218_066.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #554 of 608
Just looking for a dual 6BL7 adapter. My Darkvoice has the one 6AS7 socket, so a dual setup would be the cats meow. If I read this thread right I would need the dual setup to compensate the power output of one 6AS7 tube. Anyway, I got a hold of Dejan and he doesn't want to take my money because the 6BL7 will fit in a 6AS7 socket ....feeling like I'm on a merry go round... :D but I want a dual socket adapter....is that wrong? :frowning2:

I had the Darkvoice 336se before. It was my first tube headphone amp. The one that got me into a spiralling plunge into the rabbit hole of more tube amps.

The DV336se can use just one 6BL7 in the power slot but it will sound better with 2. If you use 2, then you need a dual 6BL7 to 6SN7 / 6AS7 adapter which I've tried before. The only problem is the DV336se is prone to tube hum and noise and such adapter might make it worst but you won't know till you try. Good luck and enjoy and be prepared to go further down the rabbit hole. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back