Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on my ears and wallet.
Nov 11, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #2 of 8
Buying beats headphones?

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
My solution to u is to buy a better amp. It'll solve all the problems that you have

are you a mind reader or something?...because i don't even know what he is talking about

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #7 of 8
Crap, sorry about that.  My work computer's being wonky.  What it was supposed to say is something along the lines of the following:  So, a while back I bought a pair of recabled K701s, which had a lovely tone, but I wanted some more bass.  Several headphones later, I bought the HD600s, and I've had them for about three weeks.  I had a bit of a revelation last night:  they sound SUSPICIOUSLY SIMILAR TO THE K701S.  They sound nice, but I want more impact and rumble in the lower end.  Back to the hearing board.  I do have HFI-780s (which I know have sexy bass) and a Fiio E9 amplifier inbound, and they'll both be at my house when I get off work.  I'm hoping the amp will give the Sennheisers a little more oomph.  But what if not?  Should I go for the 650s?  I hear they're basically a bassier version of the 600s, but FWIR I've got this perception of them being muddy and laidback/boring.  Would the E9 remedy this?  Or perhaps some DT990-600s?

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #8 of 8
When I had the K701, I particularly satisfied with everything about it except the bass. I only needed a tad more bass to be satisfied. I guess you will have to know how much bass that you want. I tried the K701 with a hybrid MusicHall ph25.5 and it was magical. Strumming of acoustic strings made the headphones vibrate and I could feel the hits of the strings. Extra power from amplification can do miracles. That is what led me to the Woo Audio 6SE, but my preferences in sound as changed.

See how much more bass you want and go from there. Also, I was quite bored with the Sennheiser sound when I had the K701. It may not be the case now. I feel that I would like the Senn sound now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back