foobar2000 v0.9.1 released
Apr 24, 2006 at 8:55 AM Post #16 of 50
Kernel streaming has always worked great for me (1212m, AV710). ASIO4ALL also worked fine, but required too much tweaking to avoid the occasional "pop". I'm pretty happy with the previous version of Foobar and am in no rush to upgrade.

-coma

Apr 24, 2006 at 11:17 AM Post #18 of 50
asio still not working with latest foobar and latest asio plugin on emu0404.

Asio4all is picked up but as you'll see on the patchmix is goes through as wav, as does ks.

I did a quick test to see if a resampler would kick asio into working by upsampling to 192, the patchmix asked for a new setting but still plays silently with no activity in patchmix. I was wondering if the volume is sent through at 0 or something and whether there was a setting in the registry that could be changed but could not find one.

I guess I can wait till it's fixed
confused.gif

Apr 25, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #19 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by acedriver
have you try downloading latest KS and ASIO components?

yup, that did the trick.

does anyone know why my playlists load soooo slowly? like i have a playlist for albums and playlist for singles and the lead to the respective folder. When i rip new albums or download new singles and have to update the playlist it reloads every file over again which takes forever. anyone know a way around this?

Apr 25, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #20 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metaphysical
yup, that did the trick.

does anyone know why my playlists load soooo slowly? like i have a playlist for albums and playlist for singles and the lead to the respective folder. When i rip new albums or download new singles and have to update the playlist it reloads every file over again which takes forever. anyone know a way around this?

Do you have the media library enabled and configured to point at your music folders? Once you have that setup, everything should load smoother.

Apr 25, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #21 of 50
yeah, i have it pointed to the main folder where all my singles, flac, instrumentals, etc are located. It loaded smooth once but then it took forever to load every time again after that. Maybe i need to add all of my folders to the music library individually?

Apr 25, 2006 at 2:01 PM Post #22 of 50
A question about the new Foobar.

In Windows Explorer, I used to be able to right-click an album folder and have the option "Play in Foobar". Now with the new install it has disappeared. I've set all associations, but have yet to solve it. Does anyone know how to get that function back??

Apr 25, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #23 of 50
Apr 25, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #24 of 50
Thanks Macky!! That executable in the 2nd thread worked wonders.

I got to shout out praise for Foobar. I have played it against many media players(all with flat equalizer), and just the fact that it sounds better off the hop is great, but when you throw in that 18 band equalizer, ease of transcoding for portables, and all the other nifty plug-ins, well; there can only be one.
Also, I, for one, love the default Columns_UI GUI. So plain and functional.

Apr 25, 2006 at 5:13 PM Post #25 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomada
Also, I, for one, love the default Columns_UI GUI. So plain and functional.

Well that makes two of us. As much as I see other peoples screenshots of their Foobar setup with all the album art and everything else I just don't see much point of it really - for me I just want to listen to the album and I don't need to see a picture of it to know what I'm listening to.

I just like clean, plain & simple - and the default Columns UI gives that wonderfully
biggrin.gif

Gotta love Foobar though... it can be whatever you want it to be in terms of a player!

Apr 27, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #26 of 50
sorry for the silly question.....but how do you know if you are "kernelling" i mean...using the kernell streaming.
confused.gif

-i am using DFI-Ultra-D mobo coax out -> dac-ah -> t-amp -> cheap speakers and it plays lamed mp3´s wonderfully....i have installed ASIO and KS plugins, configured asio (testing channels and saved...) but i cant find any Kernell option...

May 3, 2006 at 1:58 PM Post #28 of 50
May 3, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #30 of 50
Sweetness, working just fine on my Emu 0404.
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back