Foobar2000 is the best for audio. But what's the best for video?
May 5, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #16 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by pzm9pzm9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This player have dominated korean users for years. I would assume almost all koreans use this one for video playback.

Alot of Korean people were using GOM player and many of them switched to KMP. Now, some of people are moving to DAUM Pot Player. I have tried them but I came right back to KMP.

May 5, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #17 of 55
You might want to specify your priorities- like visual quality, codec support, compatability, subtitles, etc.

I find that wmp produces the darkest blacks, but wmp by itself without a codec pack stinks. mplayerc hc does a pretty nice job at the level issue- check its shaders. mplayec hc also can use your gpu to render the video, if that's important. VLC is ok, as it doesn't render subtitles properly. But it can play broken files and has its own internal codecs.

May 5, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #19 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alot of Korean people were using GOM player and many of them switched to KMP. Now, some of people are moving to DAUM Pot Player. I have tried them but I came right back to KMP.

Isn't KMP much heavier than GOM? That was my impression when I tried KMP.
I thought KMP was famous for DVD playback. Anyway, I like GOM player for its ability of fastforwarding or rewinding with arrow keypads. This helps me to skip alot of unnessassary scenes faster. So when watch something, like NBA, you can skip the first 10 sec, where players usually BS around before shoot.
wink.gif

May 5, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #20 of 55
Haven't seen any single player, what can play everything (every video formats/containers).
So i keep some 10 different players (including all earlier mentioned ones) in my computer and try them all if needed (sometimes one player just don't deliver smoothly running picture or sound in particular video, so i trie whatever other)

May 5, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #21 of 55
I use Media Player Classic. It's simple and efficient.

May 5, 2009 at 9:32 AM Post #22 of 55
Strangely enough, earlier not mentioned Nero ShowTime (you can find it in Nero 'suite')is doing sometimes better job than others...

All those progs need tweaking from setup anyway. But real brainery starts with video editing/producing, not so much with playback.

May 5, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #24 of 55
KMP is totally "light" when it comes to cpu/mem usage.

Somebody who´s into the video thing as much as people here are into the sound will surely appreciate this player. It has an enourmous compatibility to all kinds of formats and hardware while still being able to implement useful options for improvement in almost all fields possible. While doing all that its still super simple and can make you happy from the get go, since you dont have to set it up.

its free so anyone should try it and compare.

May 5, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #25 of 55
During KMP installation you already make some settings, to get more subtle options after installing you just push F2 knob on keyboard and you get, well something more, i wouldn't say 'you dont have to set up' (it is better to set up).

May 5, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #27 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by dharma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't seen any single player, what can play everything (every video formats/containers).
So i keep some 10 different players (including all earlier mentioned ones) in my computer and try them all if needed (sometimes one player just don't deliver smoothly running picture or sound in particular video, so i trie whatever other)

what formats cant MPC with CCCP play? Name me one and I'll tell you whether it can, and how to get it working or i'll tell them to get it working...

May 5, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #30 of 55
there's plenty that foobar doesn't support either...

gom's light and powerful...full of function...

if you want to get into specialized tasks, there are other players...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back