Foobar won't output >16bit
Aug 31, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #16 of 22
Like Roomwizard EQ?

For eq i just use equalizer apo and the program(out of your head) is virtual surround/loudspeakers, its free to try and there are demos you can listen to in the website( fongaudio.com ).

Aug 31, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #17 of 22
And yeah, I know about the Harmann Response Curve. I have it EQ'd so it will sound non-Harmann neutral, which, to some ears, is bright, but nowhere near as bright as Grados. When it gets too bright, IME you begin to lose detail again, and clarity plummets, so I understand what you're getting at.

Ya I agree! I often find I have to trim a few dbs from 2k-4k for comfortable listening.

Aug 31, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #18 of 22
For eq i just use equalizer apo and the program(out of your head) is virtual surround/loudspeakers, its free to try and there are demos you can listen to in the website( fongaudio.com ).
Nice, I'm using Peace (EQ APO plugin) for online stuff, and a Kjaerhus Audio GEQ-7 VST for Foobar.

Aug 31, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #19 of 22
Ah wow I couldn't get it to work, but tried the foobar dolby wraparound pack. It's awesome. They say a good pair of headphones makes it feel like the music is in the room. This sure does.

Aug 31, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #20 of 22
If I could afford a Smyth realizer I'd totally buy one. Really love having a virtual stereo system, can blare death metal without people hating me. And having a virtual surround sound system for movies when I cant use my home theater.

Im pretty sure I'm a broken record, but if you liked dolby headphone give Out of Your Head a try, same principle but better.

Aug 31, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #21 of 22
Im pretty sure I'm a broken record, but if you liked dolby headphone give Out of Your Head a try, same principle but better.

If any of us could afford Smyth realizers, we already have them. I tried Out Of Your Head, but it wouldn't run properly. There was some sort of error with one of the drivers, I believe.

Aug 31, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #22 of 22
If any of us could afford Smyth realizers, we already have them. I tried Out Of Your Head, but it wouldn't run properly. There was some sort of error with one of the drivers, I believe.

If you feel up to it, message Darin( info@fongaudio.com ), he'll help you get it working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back