Foobar 0.9 out!
Mar 21, 2006 at 11:40 AM Post #61 of 124
Thank you for your support. Before I install v0.9 again I will back up everything that's in the foobar directory.
BTW, in which directory does foobar store the settings?

Anyway if v0.9 doesn't support ASIO I will first have to try if Kernel Streaming works well with the Echo Indigo. If not, v0.9 is not an option until ASIO becomes available as plug in.

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:21 PM Post #62 of 124
Theres an option somewhere to set Foobar as the default audio player. Which is how I've got Real, iTunes & winamp installed.

I'll keep 0.9 a passive program too until I've got it setup like my old Foobar.

I know what function they need. An option in preferences to create a settings file you can save elsewhere and replace the stock one if you ever need to reinstall.

I have foobar at 80% of my old one, no MSN.dll or tube EQ as yet.

Whats a good EQ setting for Rock/Metal? Want to beef the sound up a bit before a real EQ plugin emerges.

Mar 22, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #63 of 124
some updated plugins:

foo_audioscrobbler download
foo_dsp_delta download
foo_ui_columns page / download
foo_uie_albumlist page / download
foo_dsp_crossfeed page / download
kode54 plug-ins (page) : foo_ac3, foo_adpcm, foo_dumb, foo_gep, foo_lock, foo_lunar2, foo_midi, foo_osd, foo_osd_gdiplus, foo_psf, foo_sid
foosion plug-ins (page) : foo_comserver, foo_sic, foo_dbsearch, foo_playlist_manager, foo_lnk, foo_random, foo_shn, foo_tradersfriend, foo_utils, foo_pqview, foo_common, foo_freedb2

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #64 of 124
I guess the old columns ui format strings still sort of work with the new 0.9. After about 20 minutes I got mine looking like this.

foobarsetup-0.9.jpg

Just waiting on that album art panel now...

Mar 22, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #66 of 124
Is there anyway to copy your settings as backup?

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #67 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
Is there anyway to copy your settings as backup?

Just copy your existing Foobar directory somewhere else before installing 0.9. If the original gets hosed you can just overwrite it with the copy and be right back where you started.

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #68 of 124
I just renamed the 0.8x directory to "Foobar2001"
When you install 0.9, there should two be two seperate working programs.

Mar 22, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #69 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelconnor
I just renamed the 0.8x directory to "Foobar2001"
When you install 0.9, there should two be two seperate working programs.

I renamed one 'Foobar0.8.3'.
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:37 AM Post #70 of 124
Well I went for the upgrade and so far I am very happy. I just started getting into ASIO and really my ears can't tell much difference between it and KS...I never had much modding either and I found this one much easier to make adjustmnets to (IE background font etc...) So far knock on wood, install was painless, its been stable, playlist navigation seems allot quicker to me to.

So far I have only installed Foo_Out_Ks, Crossfeed, and the default Eq

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #71 of 124
Hi all.

I recently installed foobar2000, not knowing that the version I had (0.9) was just out, so maybe not the best timing.

I'd love a guide about the plugins though, I can install the dll files (but not sure what they are doing) but have no idea what 7z files are.

Any help or pointers? Thanks

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #72 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb

So what is that EQ doing there?
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #74 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seirrah
but have no idea what 7z files are.

Any help or pointers? Thanks

7z files are compressed files, just like zip files. WinRAR can open them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back