Foobar 0.9 out!
Mar 23, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #76 of 124
Think it'll need 2-3 months till all the very popular plugins (album art), and many similiar ones get ported over to Foobar 0.9. I still like it though.

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #77 of 124
I'm new to this Foobar lark, how often does a new one come out?

I staying with 0.9, got it looking and sounding as good as before. Theres a thread on hydrogenaudio that lists and gives links to new plugins.
eggosmile.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #78 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
I'm new to this Foobar lark, how often does a new one come out?

I staying with 0.9, got it looking and sounding as good as before. Theres a thread on hydrogenaudio that lists and gives links to new plugins.
eggosmile.gif

It's not very often, I think foobar 0.8 was out over a year ago, but I can't be sure about that.

Mar 24, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #79 of 124
Is there a way to get tabbed playlists while using Columns UI in the playlist area? Ive looked everwhere in the Preferences page. Just cant seem to find it!

Mar 24, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #81 of 124
I downloaded and installed the 7z thing. I still got the 'unknown file icon' XP loves for 7z files but the right-click menu now has 7z options.

btw, I do approve of the new foobar file icons.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 9:41 PM Post #82 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by slinger1182
Is there a way to get tabbed playlists while using Columns UI in the playlist area? Ive looked everwhere in the Preferences page. Just cant seem to find it!

Preferences, Columns UI, Layout, then right click on the item in the list, Splitters and select Playlist Tabs, I believe that's it.

Mar 25, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #83 of 124
Thanks Skrying. They've made that bloody hard! BTW, are you the same skryingbreath on deviantArt who makes those Winamp skins?

Mar 25, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #84 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by slinger1182
Thanks Skrying. They've made that bloody hard! BTW, are you the same skryingbreath on deviantArt who makes those Winamp skins?

That would not be me, Lol.

Glad I could help.
icon10.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #85 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssingh0
what are the benefits of asio versus kernel streaming. I've got an emu 1212m and dac1, am using foo .83, but don't see any asio option?

ASIO is a standard in music recording created by Steinberg. It also bypasses the Windows k-mixer, and so will not resample your audio, or do other funky things that k-mixer does. No real benefit over Kernel streaming, but some people with better ears and equipment claim there is a difference.

I think you can still get foo_output_asio from Otachan's website, but its only for FB2k 0.8.3. Unfortunately the output SDK hasn't been created yet, and so ASIO doesn't exist yet for FB2K 0.9.

Mar 25, 2006 at 7:14 AM Post #86 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skrying
Preferences, Columns UI, Layout, then right click on the item in the list, Splitters and select Playlist Tabs, I believe that's it.

Thanks for this - this is what I was really looking to do.

However... just tried it and the tabs are all empty (as in you can't see any list of the files that are in the playlist or anything) Anyone know why this might be or how I can fix it?

Thanks

Mar 25, 2006 at 11:16 AM Post #87 of 124
So any news about ASIO? It won't come in 0.9 at all or what? I think I keep on using 0.8.3. There's nothing wrong in it so I guess it's the same.

Mar 25, 2006 at 12:42 PM Post #88 of 124
Using foobar2000 0.9 right now, And it's pretty nice. No HUGE improvements over the older version but it's got a few minor improvements. It'll be better when more components/plugins are updated for it.

Mar 25, 2006 at 2:36 PM Post #89 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
I downloaded and installed the 7z thing. I still got the 'unknown file icon' XP loves for 7z files but the right-click menu now has 7z options.

btw, I do approve of the new foobar file icons.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think you can compress your flacc files or just songs with 7z or winrar or something of the kind, and foobar2000 has the ability to play them, thus freeing up hard disk space.

Mar 25, 2006 at 2:51 PM Post #90 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
I think you can compress your flacc files or just songs with 7z or winrar or something of the kind, and foobar2000 has the ability to play them, thus freeing up hard disk space.

FLAC files are already highly compressed. Depending on your FLAC settings, attempting additional compession with RAR/ZIP/7z would not only result in minimal or zero space savings, it would add a layer of complexity to the equation that just doesn't need to be there. No benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back