Focal Utopia General Discussion
Nov 23, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #9,151 of 20,602
Nov 24, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #9,152 of 20,602
I have the Pepper 50th also (ripped from the CD version I bought). I'll have to give it another listen. I don't recall it being quite as impressed as with the new White Album, but I'll see what I think.

The White Album did sound like a much more different diversion from the original than Pepper, but I'll check it out after I get through the massive White Album super deluxe collection.
Still, best music ever IMHO.
Thanks!

Nov 24, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #9,153 of 20,602
I have the Pepper 50th also (ripped from the CD version I bought). I'll have to give it another listen. I don't recall it being quite as impressed as with the new White Album, but I'll see what I think.

The White Album did sound like a much more different diversion from the original than Pepper, but I'll check it out after I get through the massive White Album super deluxe collection.
Still, best music ever IMHO.
Thanks!
I love the White Album, but I think Pepper.50 is just magical. Honestly, the White Album.50 is great...except for Back in the USSR, which is a bit of a miss for me.

I know, your ears, my ears :beyersmile:

Nov 29, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #9,154 of 20,602
Regarding needing repair or not, I just had an interesting experience. I bought my Utopias about six weeks ago new, and I've really enjoyed them. A couple of days ago I picked them up and noticed what seemed like a rattle. Doing the shake and listen test I determined that the noise was real, and was coming from the left cup. Inside the cup.

I debated whether to ship them back for service or to do the obvious thing....open the cup and see what's up. Naturally I opened them up, and inside there was a small black screw which looks like a match to the screws that hold the driver in place. I assume it was stuck to the magnet and it had finally come loose and started moving around instead of "sticking" again. Anyway, problem solved, all is well again.

Nov 29, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #9,155 of 20,602
Regarding needing repair or not, I just had an interesting experience. I bought my Utopias about six weeks ago new, and I've really enjoyed them. A couple of days ago I picked them up and noticed what seemed like a rattle. Doing the shake and listen test I determined that the noise was real, and was coming from the left cup. Inside the cup.

I debated whether to ship them back for service or to do the obvious thing....open the cup and see what's up. Naturally I opened them up, and inside there was a small black screw which looks like a match to the screws that hold the driver in place. I assume it was stuck to the magnet and it had finally come loose and started moving around instead of "sticking" again. Anyway, problem solved, all is well again.
Oh, one of those French technician forgot to install the screw because time to eat and drink wine, got back, packaging, and shipping.

Dec 4, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #9,157 of 20,602
I love these headphones to death, definitely the best headphones I've ever heard like I mentioned before... But this is kind of ridiculous:

20181203_152106.jpg

I've been babying them the entire time, and I just noticed today. No idea where the piece went. Will see what Focal says... Sending them a message tomorrow. Anyone else have this issue before? Pretty crazy for a $4000 headphone... But I guess this is how you can tell it's handmade :beyersmile:... rightttt? /s

Dec 4, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #9,159 of 20,602
I love these headphones to death, definitely the best headphones I've ever heard like I mentioned before... But this is kind of ridiculous:

I've been babying them the entire time, and I just noticed today. No idea where the piece went. Will see what Focal says... Sending them a message tomorrow. Anyone else have this issue before? Pretty crazy for a $4000 headphone... But I guess this is how you can tell it's handmade :beyersmile:... rightttt? /s

hmm sorry I can't see what your missing?

Dec 4, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #9,163 of 20,602

I had an issue long ago with the letter "F" it said "ocal" instead of Focal lol

Dec 4, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #9,164 of 20,602

Focal and Quality control...
Name more iconic duo. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back