Focal Utopia General Discussion
Sep 5, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #12,616 of 20,635
Has anyone here bought your Utopia via open-box deals from authorized dealers? Is there any downside to it except they are non-returnable? I decided to buy Utopia but really don't want to pay full MSRP for it. Thanks in advance!

See my earlier post about Upscale Audio's $1,999 for Open Box Utopias. Very happy with purchase.

Sep 5, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #12,618 of 20,635
However, I'd abstain from the only current offer - no original cable and some no name 3.5mm one. Nah.

Fair enough - the included cable is truly awful. However, the savings allow you to get a far superior custom cable that is way better than stock and you’re still hundreds of dollars ahead of those other offers.

Sep 5, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #12,619 of 20,635
Fair enough - the included cable is truly awful. However, the savings allow you to get a far superior custom cable that is way better than stock and you’re still hundreds of dollars ahead of those other offers.

But does that include warranty? If so, then it’s a good deal. Don’t think anyone should buy without one unless you think extra savings makes up for what you’d pay for repair if you had to.

Sep 5, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #12,621 of 20,635
They say including warranty (last time I checked, at least). However, this particular offer isn't as attractive as previous ones which had a similar price point and included the orig cable (and in one case even a superb 2nd cable for 150 more).
Yeah, that was a good one. Upscale said they would honor the Focal warranty - i.e., provide equivalent service or replacement. You can always contact them to see what deals they might offer on cables. During the pandemic, stores are going the extra mile. Can’t hurt to ask.

Sep 5, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #12,622 of 20,635
See my earlier post about Upscale Audio's $1,999 for Open Box Utopias. Very happy with purchase.
It was indeed a very good deal! But is Upscale Audio an authorized dealer? All other open-box deals by AD are pretty much the same at $3,190, even at Amazon. I reckon it was set by Focal.

Sep 6, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #12,623 of 20,635
It was indeed a very good deal! But is Upscale Audio an authorized dealer? All other open-box deals by AD are pretty much the same at $3,190, even at Amazon. I reckon it was set by Focal.
I believe they are a big dealer of focal. Based on what they say on their videos

Sep 6, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #12,625 of 20,635
I couldn't find them on Focal's website.

That doesn't necessarily mean they aren't acquiring the product through an official dealer/distributor. The store from which I bought my demo unit isn't listed either, but they acquired the Utopia from the official distributor for their area which is listed on Focal's website. The latter may or may not be up to date as there can be many changes in the distribution chain that don't necessarily make it back to the mothership in a timely fashion (if at all.) It's always better to clarify with the seller whether the product is covered by the full official manufacturer's warranty. You may also contact the official Focal distributor for the area and confirm whether the store acquired the headphones through them.

Sep 6, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #12,626 of 20,635
I couldn't find them on Focal's website.

upscale.jpg

Sep 6, 2020 at 7:08 PM Post #12,628 of 20,635
Thanks! I might did something wrong when I searched for it.
When I’ve looked for local retailers some stores are listed when you search one way And not listed when you search another way. Even though they should be there for both, based on the parameters that I’ve selected

Sep 7, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #12,629 of 20,635
R......e
NOMAX

PS.lol 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back